'Féminines' play & film about FCF Reims 1968

Discussion in 'Women's Fans and More' started by sbahnhof, Nov 29, 2021.

1. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    Created in the year of the World Cup in France, the play Féminines is about the founding of the modern Stade de Reims women's team, who became the current Division 1's first champions, and the joint world champion in Taiwan in 1978. Written and directed by Pauline Bureau, it was screened on TV and apparently may still be on tour at a French theatre (théâtre) near you.

"I told the story of the team with its great moments in a fairly faithful way and totally invented the individual paths of the players. What interested me is that each one can come across different things and that there are several paths of emancipation" - (Pauline Bureau, Scènes du Golfe)

Similarly, the players' story was made into the movie Comme des garçons/Let the Girls Play in 2018, starring Vanessa Guide:

In real life, the team was involved in both productions.

Women's football in Reims goes back to the 1920s championship, and its club is still in the top league in 2021/22, but they were at their most successful in the 1970s. "In 10 years we toured the world, in Asia, the USA, Canada, Mexico ... to discover this sport. And friendship with my teammates too." - (goalkeeper Ghislaine Royer-Souef)

[​IMG]

soccernutter repped this.