Eye on Dustin Corea

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by el_cuscatleco, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Use this thread to discuss anything that relates to Salvadoran American Dustin Corea.

2. L.A.Firpo84

L.A.Firpo84 Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Its being say that Dustin Corea from the U-17 US MNT parents are from El Salvador...who knows if this is true...? If so I wonder if this kid is on the US Fesa list....?

3. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Re: Official national team thread - 2010 Edition

Who says that? And yes, it's true. He's another Mayen/Alvarez (plays juniors with the US but is unknown in El Salvador due to him not being pro). Doubt he'd be on FESA's watchlist, but who knows. Maybe they are keeping track of him like they are Rodriguez. Guess only time will tell. :rolleyes:

4. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

Just did a quick google search to find out any new info on him and found these interesting articles.......

Link 1: Milwaukie's Dustin Corea gains acclaim without postseason fame

Link 2: Dustin Corea - IF he signs a GA deal

Link 3: Milwaukie’s ‘ghost’ may turn pro

Link 4: Dustin Corea to Arsenal? Barca?

5. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

Here are some clips of him playing. It's not much but.......

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMcEybn22PQ"]U.S. vs. Brazil[/ame]

Watch from 3.42 onwards. Corea is number 11.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRYc_qjexr4"]U-17 MNT Tour: Chicago[/ame]

Watch from 1.36 onwards and again keep an eye out for #11

6. L.A.Firpo84

L.A.Firpo84 Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Sweet...thanks...!! I doubt Fesa held any tryouts in his part of town...it will be nice if were able to email this Info to Fesa..."not having my laptop at this moment sucks..im down to my Iphone!!"

7. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

I've heard of this kid but was reluctant to believe he was Salvadoran. What a talent though, to win state player of the year is huge! This kid has had offers to turn pro in europe already. Fesfut better get a hold of this kid!

8. beaverseatwood21

beaverseatwood21 New Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Re: FESA On The Grind

im glad the salvadoran community in the united states have shown to produce a couple good players. well good enough to be on junior US national teams. the US should be FESA's second home. I remember CASSAL but that really tanked

9. GUANACO1

GUANACO1 Member

May 18, 2007
    Los Angeles

what the hell that mean? :confused:

10. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Well, people were saying that he was Salvadoran and I couldn't find anything proving it. Plus it said he was from Oregon? Who lives there? hahah

11. Marioanubis7

Marioanubis7 New Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Long Island-NY
    Club:
    Club Deportivo FAS
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  12. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

Yeah thanks. Should be interesting to see what happens with this player, and more importantly, whether he decides to play El Salvador or the USA national teams in the future (if he is good enough that is).

13. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

I spoke to Dustin Corea recently and he said he "wouldn't mind" playing for ES. He says at the moment he isn't worrying about what national team he is playing for but where he plays club. He says ES doesn't even know about him.

14. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

Yeah not surprising. I mean he's not on a pro contract, and although he apparently has interest from abroad, that doesn't necessaraly mean they'd know about it (ala Mayen). We'll see what happens with him in the years to come. If he lives up to the hype then it'll be interesting to see if he choses to play from the US or if he decides to play for us.

15. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Yeah, he says he has plenty of offers. Apparently he will be leaving to play abroad next month. I asked about Arsenal and Barcelona he said he was offered more money and playing time at other teams.

16. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

But he's not going there to sign a pro contract is he? He's going there to play in there junior teams; and if that's the case then i don't think he'd be getting paid. That is unless he'd get some form of signing bonus, but even then i doubt that's doable for a player his age. So if that's what he's said, then that's a little weird.

Where did you talk to him? Through myspace/facebook?

17. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

I spoke with him on facebook and he indeed said he was being paid to play. He was going to sign a professional contract.

18. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

Ah right, then if that's the case then i wouldn't be surprised to see him sign with a club a club in a league like Norway, Belguim, Sweden or a lower division club in one of the bigger countries.

Thing is if he was going to Arsenal or Barcelona he wasn't signing a pro contract; that is, he wouldn't have signed to be a player with their A sides. That i'd be certain of. If he didn't want to play in the junior/reserve teams and wanted to go straight to playing pros then yeah, i can see why he'd choose not to play there.

19. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

Four players who led their teams to state titles and a record-setting coach who guided his program to an eighth state championship highlight the ESPN RISE Fall Boys' Soccer All-America team.......

Link: Champs highlight first-team selections

Also just realised the kid has his own website. To visit it, click here.

20. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

So it seems there might be some truth in what he told you Kevin..........

21. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

Should be interesting to see what comes of this, as there are very few US player of his age that has gone abroad and signed pro contracts. Most either go to college, MLS/USL/PDL or to youth acadamies in Europe.

22. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Yeah, he obviously wasn't going to Barcelona and Arsenal to sign a professional contract. If he went there he would have gone into there youth ranks. He will be going to Europe, hopefully ES talks to him soon, because from what I got out of this kid is that he will play for whoever asks him first. However, having said that he doesn't care about the national team right now. Which is understandable, since he wants to focus on jump starting his career.

23. beaverseatwood21

beaverseatwood21 New Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

last person i can think of is Landon Donovan at bayern leverkusen, and freddy adu went to benfica at 18(turned pro at 14) and benny feilhaber moved to hamburger sv at 19 i think

24. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

Both Donovan and Feilhaber played juniors at there respective clubs before they signed on with the first teams, and Adu obviously had already been under a pro contract before he went to Benfica. Guess what i ment was that there are very few that have never gone through college, MLS/USL/PDL or youth academies before signing a pro contract abroad (and even less in Europe).

25. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

This could be a good thing or a bad thing for Dustin. He could do well and jump start his career playing at a high level or completely fail and end up wishing he started off somewhere small.