Extranjeros en la seleccion en general? Not RDL Approved

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Deleted USer, Sep 3, 2002.

1. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Hello? Is this thing on? Testing 1...2...3

This is the stupidest thing you have said yet. In case you didn't notice, you have your personal forum where you can talk all the crap you like and make the rules.

You think "if Mexico is hurting at..." then you could consider having a naturlaized Mexican play then you say that Mexcio is for Mexcio...you are full of it. Get over yourself already. Who died and made you Vicente Fox?

Wow, you think a non Mexican might not know the Mexican league? Wow, I guess I should, how do you say it? Shut my trap? You are hurting people in your corner. You and VS have a different "relationship" than you and me. I expect a little more respect. Don't forget that fact.

I don't care if you are impatient, intollerent or just stupid to start a thread where only you can have an opinion on a subject that you don't have sole knowledge of. Your double standards and your self-centered attitude is a waste of time.

The world goes around and around. Today, your prelibertadores clubs are playing on an American gridiron football field in the USA. You are watching it now, probably. By your thinking, only real American soccer should be played in the states or worse, american football.

Then again, why would you guys "care" to play in the states anyway? Not keeping it real? Opps, that is a black thing? News to me.

You might think that I am here to babysit the Mexico forum and keep quiet. Yea, some bad guys come here and talk crap, so I boot them. This is the love I get? Don't agree with my point of view, but don't talk down to me and bite the hand that feeds you.

In the least, who else would even consider posting in this thread when you have no way of seeing another view? So, I get to see your problem with "non-Mexicans" on the national team why would I try to make a case for any player?

Funny thing that when I went to Germany, people asked me if I was from Spain. It turns out they didn't like Spaniards. But this is dangerous to think all Germans hate Spain, just as it would be wrong to think all Mexicans hate Hugo Sanchez, just because people you saw as a kid, or worse, all Mexicans are as intollerent, narrow minded, God's gift to soccer knowledge as you try to make yourself out to be.

I have seen tougher internet bullies on this this site alone to be run by a guy with little in the art of conversation.

2. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Re: Hello? Is this thing on? Testing 1...2...3

This is the stupidest thing you have said yet. In case you didn't notice, you have your personal forum where you can talk all the crap you like and make the rules.

Stupid? I am not the idiot that comes in here and talks like he knows what the hell is going on? Have you even mentioned a player?

"He has has the dough has controls the show." I paid 30 bucks for that personal forum (actually VS paid for it.. but thats a different issue all altogether) so my rules. I dont go into sidspacmeans or any other persoanl forum to talk smack

You think "if Mexico is hurting at..." then you could consider having a naturlaized Mexican play then you say that Mexcio is for Mexcio...you are full of it. Get over yourself already. Who died and made you Vicente Fox?

I dont care is we are hurting at the left side. I still wouldnt use them. THe point is...give atleast some reason. I disagree with Capitan Galan, EvilRick, VS about that.. but at least they use some sort of reason...like "we need that 10 player or we are hurting at x position" But dont come in here and use that "because" line of reasoning.. first off, You aint my dad and "because I said so" aint going to cut it for me. And I sure as hell dont need a history lesson about the Ancient India or the Texasn of 1846.

Get over myself? look in the mirror pal

Wow, you think a non Mexican might not know the Mexican league? Wow, I guess I should, how do you say it? Shut my trap?

IF you are a fan, you are a fan. But yes, if you do not know the league or the subject at hand.. its best to shut your trap.

You are hurting people in your corner. You and VS have a different "relationship" than you and me. I expect a little more respect. Don't forget that fact.

Respect is earned. Recognition is recieved.

I don't care if you are impatient, intollerent or just stupid to start a thread where only you can have an opinion on a subject that you don't have sole knowledge of.

Think what you will, who is the dumbass that comes in and cant even talk about the issue at hand? I didnt ask what yall thought about foreign players on the national team?. I asked what they thought about certain players? I even started a poll.

I still se you are struggling... Do we not know these players and what they can offer to the national team?

Your double standards and your self-centered attitude is a waste of time.

Then why are you still here?

The world goes around and around. Today, your prelibertadores clubs are playing on an American gridiron football field in the USA. You are watching it now, probably. By your thinking, only real American soccer should be played in the states or worse, american football.

You lost me Fujimoto? Come again???

Then again, why would you guys "care" to play in the states anyway? Not keeping it real? Opps, that is a black thing? News to me.

Huh? your digging yourself deeper.. you might as well quit now

You might think that I am here to babysit the Mexico forum and keep quiet. Yea, some bad guys come here and talk crap, so I boot them. This is the love I get?

I dont need a babysitter... and I sure as hell dont need an award for a job I am suppose to do. If you wanted to Mod the Mexico forum... it was your choice. Do you want a cookie?

And I wouldnt say you boot them out. For as long as i remember, we have had sockpuppets that the moderators know about... and they do nothing to weed them out.

Don't agree with my point of view, but don't talk down to me and bite the hand that feeds you.

feed me? Haa thats a luagh

Do you expect me to call you master.... Ill tell you to screw off before I do that.

In the least, who else would even consider posting in this thread when you have no way of seeing another view? So, I get to see your problem with "non-Mexicans" on the national team why would I try to make a case for any player?

Go look at the first couple threads....It was moving around just nicely... But how ironic that a Mod... is the one who starts talking smackk.... yeahhh right... that hand that feeds me.

Funny thing that when I went to Germany, people asked me if I was from Spain. It turns out they didn't like Spaniards. But this is dangerous to think all Germans hate Spain, just as it would be wrong to think all Mexicans hate Hugo Sanchez, just because people you saw as a kid, or worse, all Mexicans are as intollerent, narrow minded, God's gift to soccer knowledge as you try to make yourself out to be.

I am going to be staright forward.. its obvious you dont know the subject and you want to save face as a mod... but dont... because i will put you in your pathetic place

so pisss offf

I have seen tougher internet bullies on this this site alone to be run by a guy with little in the art of conversation.

conversation? I take that as compliment...

I am not the dumbass that goes into debates without knowing the subject matter...

call me waht you will...call me self centered, conceited ... but I sure as hell am not stupid...and I promise you you will come in here better prepared next time we speak.. so until then... piss offf

3. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    I think you are mistaken here.
    I know the issue at hand, but you can't deal with it so you limit it. I was a mod back when you were, remember? We stood up against the problems and we both quit, remember?

To think I need to justify and save face for myself because I am a mod, I think you mistake my role here. Call me master? Again, you are losing a friend.

Here is what you told efer when your thread was still "going nice"
    I am not here to make enemies but don't need you to put me in my place. To think, we were asked to help eliminate the trolls and problems caused after Mexico lost to the USA and you actually think we came here after sucking up to admins...? A mod is a thankless job, but I would have expected you to understand that more than anyone.

I will do you a favor and split the thread so it can continue to "go nice" as you say. Any other issues with national team converts in general can go here. Don't say I hijacked your thread when you limited the conversation, and that should be a compliment because that is what I am here for as a member not a mod, and have refused since post #1 to see any other view. Threads have a way of going off in their own directions.

And don't say I started to attack you. Leave the victim role playing to JLG. I only respond in kind. I would hope to gain the respect of all the people I interact with on bigsoccer and in life in general, but your Vato Public Enemy from the Barrio act is getting old. I grew out if that in the 80's.

4. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    rdl

read your own post and see how many insults are there! Other mods will issue a yellow card for that.

please stay focus in futbol only.

5. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Extranjeros en la seleccion?

I mean, your nationalistic rehtoric makes you look like a Chivas fan.

No. This is what most people misunderstand Chivas ideology. I shall give you kids a quick lecture on Chivas 101. Chivas first squad had foreigners. French, Belgians, Spaniards and i believe English players. It wasnt untill the Pro league started that Chivas had an all mexican squad. At that time the tradition was to only field players from the state of Jalisco.

As futbol in Mexico progressed many Clubs began to bring foreign players. Chivas allways had foreign coaches and at this point they considered bringing in foreign players. Instead they opted to get players from all of Mexico as opposed to only the state of Jalisco. Shortly after Chivas won five straight League Championships. That is How Chivas tradition of only fielding Mexicans began and prospered. :)

Now as far as Rdls claims that the Mexican National team is for Mexicans. Well a mexican is anyone with Mexican citizenship. We are not talking about the hired guns. the Mercenary that never lived in the country and gets his naturalization just so that he can play in the national team. In Mexico we have foreign players that have been in the country for over five years. Their kids were born there, they brought their familys here and plan to live in Mexico. They have their Mexican Citizenship and that makes them Mexican. Most of their kids will one day end up in the MFL, like Zaguinho, Dulio Davino and countless others.

Rdl also claims to not have one drop of indigenous Mexican blood. That makes him just as Mexican as Caballero :D

6. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Here you go!

I thought I would bump this for you, rdl.
    Hey everyone, this is where you can talk about Extranjeros en la seleccion de Mexcio.

Keep it going nice...

7. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I think you are mistaken here.
    I know the issue at hand,

and what is it?

I will ask the question again. What do you guys think of these players on the national team? And on the poll.. it had..Leandro Agusto (UNAM), Antonio Nealson (Toluca), Gabriel Caballero (Atlas), Julio Pinhiero (Cruz Azul), other, & nobody.

I chose Nobody. VS chose Zinha and gave his reason.

Is it wrong to want to know why people would rather take the easy way out and naturalise a player than work the youth systems?

Using the naturalized players defeats the purpose of youth teams and reserve teams. That is why they are there.....

but you can't deal with it so you limit it. I was a mod back when you were, remember? We stood up against the problems and we both quit, remember?

I can deal with it.

You quit. I was stripped as VS and as Evilrick.. I dont know why the other 2 got stripped.. but I was stripped for not being a a vivid MLS fan... I was never given an actual reason, so that is my only educated assumption... i never when i was a mod insulted or acted harshly towards anyone....because it was my job not to. but whats the point when they make the rules up as they go along.

To think I need to justify and save face for myself because I am a mod, I think you mistake my role here. Call me master? Again, you are losing a friend.

Maybe not master.. but you expected something.. I supposedly bit the hand the fed me... I dont see it that way. And about losing a friend. Lets anaylze this... I wouldnt dare go and tell another guy how his country(federation) should be. I do not impose my beliefs upon you. If you disagree fineee. To give an example... I think that its disrespectful for a guy like Abreu to come to Mexico and say he hates Chivas because its an all Mexican team. What right does he have to say its a stupid tradition. He is in Mexico.. he should respect.

I dont care nor would I say anything if Italy decided to use a non Italian on the national team. If its accepted by the Italian FA... finee...

Now, do i disagree with it ... totally... I think the US, the french, etc cheapened itslef by doing so... in my opinion... but if the yanks and the french are cool with it.. who am I to say otherwise?

I am not here to make enemies but don't need you to put me in my place.

And I dont need anyone to tell me im xenophobic about having a psuedoMexican on the Mexican national team. The Mexican National team is self explanatory

I will do you a favor and split the thread so it can continue to "go nice" as you say. Any other issues with national team converts in general can go there. Don't say I hijacked your thread when you limited the conversation,

I was implying you did. Another mod did

and that should be a compliment because that is what I am here for as a member not a mod, and have refused since post #1 to see any other view. Threads have a way of going off in their own directions.

I know thread have a tendency to go every which way. When I use to mod and VS ... it was understood that certain threads could and certain thread had to stay ontopic.

And don't say I started to attack you. Leave the victim role playing to JLG. I only respond in kind. I would hope to gain the respect of all the people I interact with on bigsoccer and in life in general, but your Vato Public Enemy from the Barrio act is getting old. I grew out if that in the 80's.

I realize that not everyone is going to like each other or respect one another... but as long as we (not implying you..but just anybody for that matter) respect our space... i am good to go. I dont like everyone i interact with... I dont respect a lot of people I interact with... but as long as we respect the space between us... I am content... I could careless if they respect me.. just respect the space..

8. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Re: Extranjeros en la seleccion?

VS... we all know how that tradition came about... but you can not deny the fact that many become CHIVAS fans (especially in the US) because its Puro Mexicano. Call it bragging rights call it what you will

9. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    You went after me... just remember that...

now if you want to be a ***** about.. and strike first and then card me... by all means its your right.. but dont think that I am going to be calling you master here....

10. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    [editor's note:
    I can and will do my job, thanks for the help]
    Garcia

11. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    rdl

VS... we all know how that tradition came about... but you can not deny the fact that many become CHIVAS fans (especially in the US) because its Puro Mexicano. Call it bragging rights call it what you will.

There you go with your assumptions again. Just because you an Americanista likes to read the Greatest footy story ever told "The Testaments of El Rebanyo Sagrado" does not mean that Garcia or anyone else was aware of it.

The fact that an all Mexican team has been successfull give mexicans something to be proud of. Especially since La Seleccion cant win anything signifant not even with foreigners :D

12. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Re: Re: Extranjeros en la seleccion?

Exactly, no matter the history of the club, it is what it is today. Chivas has always had a special place for me for that reason.

I mean, VS come on now. You are making it worse. You sound like some people in my wife's family. Yea, they are Indian, but at times the mother-in-law claims to have some European in here bloodlines as if it makes her more acceptable to people. :D

13. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hey Garcia let me get this straight it's ok for Mods to bash RDL on the other thread but on this one you guys have to be nice is that it.

14. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Re: rdl

VS... I am not saying that all Chivas fans are fans of that club because they want to be associated with an all mexican club... i know some are fans because of family tradition.. some are because of geographical zoning...

But to say that ther arent any EX pats in the US that dont become Chivas fans for that reason... is ignorant..

How many Mexican-Americans (1st and 2nd generation) do you see on TV saying stuff like "Puro Mexicano" or "Soy Hincha de Chivas por que son Mexicanos" ..

Could it be that they want to distant themselves from Central Americans and South Americans?

Afterall... dont most Central Americans hate Chivas because of that Puro Mexicano symbolism.. I know I have encountered Mexican-Americans here in the US that are Chivas fans for bragging rights against other Latin americans.

Something to be proud of??? Maybe back in the 50s.... 3 titles in the last 30 years.... Out of those 10 titles... you can only only remmber one of them. I doubt you still remember the one that was one in Prode 1986?

15. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Re: rdl

VS, it's not like you haven't told that story before. You remind me that guy at the barber shop who tells you the same story everytime you get a cut or worse, Al Bundy and his Polk High 4 touchdown game. :D

I'm hip.
    Mexicans can be proud of something truly Mexican.
    Hecho en Mexcio. That is why I linked these two things, a club and a national team.

It is like asking why a player does better with a national team rather than the club level, or vice versa. Not all the peices of the puzzle are the same, born citizens, naturalized, etc...

This is why rdl's position, while too rigid and narrowminded for short term results, might be best suited for Mexico. By limiting your eyes to your own people you will do more work in teaching, scouting and growing the winning futbol of the next generation. Imports and naturalizations are only a short fix, even considering these guys might have children. Who is to say that their kids will be futbol players? Moot point.

16. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    let them play with thier little badges.... i can take it... its piss poor that they cant talk about the subject matter.....

Its real easy to just sit back and get informed... some people just dont know how... they could ask...just like me asking you about the colombian national team and the coach.... but talking without knowing .. i have no tolerance for...:)

17. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Garcia

I mean, VS come on now. You are making it worse. You sound like some people in my wife's family. Yea, they are Indian, but at times the mother-in-law claims to have some European in here bloodlines as if it makes her more acceptable to people.

No im not.. im keeping it real. This is how it works in Mexico. If you are not Mestizo for the most part you wont be considered 100% mexican.. All that Raza and Brown pride rhetoric. Even goes to the Virgin Mary beign brown. Same thing with RDL and his Indian mentality rants, which has to do with White superiority.

18. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Re: Re: rdl

narrowminded??? hmmmmmmmmm

19. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    ************ you RDl your a **********

[editor's note:
    keep it nice]

20. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    No, bashing is not cool. :)

This thread is for rdl to educate all of us. Aren't we lucky?

So now, unless you have something to add about specific players, I suggest you do what I will be doing in this thread...Read it everyday to see what rdl will be doing to educate all of us of this issue we obviously know nothing about.

Keep it going nice.

21. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    tal vez muchos aca sabemos mas que vos

y no se rebajan a niveles tan bajos, a botar corriente, mods se dedican a moderar, en otros casos mas inteligentes los topicos demandan una respuesta.

recuerdas al principio, ayer, que le dijiste a chaski por que los suramericanos se metian en cuestiones del equipo nacional de mexico? Parecia que no te dabas cuenta que el tema era de suramericanos que trabajan para la liga mexicana!

106 mas o menos empezaron este torneo, algunos con muchos años en mexico tienen la opcion de jugar/dirigir el tri y vos volves esto un show socio- deportivo- politico? ahhhhh, por que me meti!

bueno no siempre soy mod... a veces muerdo el anzuelo como BS memeber.

22. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So who pissed in your cereal?

23. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Re: Re: Re: rdl

keep reading...

...for the sort term results people demand. Imagine this for a second.

If you want to win wc2006 in Germany, will you wait to develop a child or maybe jump at the chance to bring to camp a quality player, who has played in Mexico for a few years, became a citizen of your beautiful country because they loved the huevos rancheros and the city where they play, etc...and top that being a player you could actually use!

I don't want to talk any specifics here, That is what the other thread is for and I am waiting for you do educate me on this issue.

A person that doesn't take every option into serious consideration is being narrowminded. Care to disagree on word usage, context clues and reading comprehension and hijack my thread? :D I thought we put that baby to bed.

24. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Why don't you just move this thread to the World Rivalries?

25. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Re: Garcia

VS. I have nothing against Indians. They were a thriving civilization. Whther I agree with the spanish conquest or not.. its done... The Mexican is a person of that region and its customs and culture.

And for the umpteenth time... Mexicans are not defined by being of european descent or Indian descent. The name of the land was borrowed from the indian dialects/tribes. When the spaniard came, he saw a lot of new things that they did not have names for.... Did you expect the spaniard to come up with a name for Chocolate or Vanilla or Tequila, etc... some they used from the native dialects and meshed it with its own. THe country itself is just a name... but a mexican is not just an Indian VS. THe word Indio is not even an "Indian" word not is it in their vocabulary. Las 3 culturas..indigena, europeo, moderno.....and it came to be as one. So for those who say Mexicans are only indians...is not true.. because not every indian tribe was part of the Mejica tribe. There were Toltec, Olmec, Mayas, Azteca, etc etc etc... pick a name... tolteco, Olmeco, Azteco..... Mejica is just the one they prefered to use to name the land... some believe they used that name because it ended in "a".. feminine... La "madre" patria... but.. thats just speculation... no one really knows why it was that word they used to name the whole region when in fact they knew that had a lot more tribes

A mexican is a person of that region. Mariachi is 100% mexican... but the Mejicas didnt invent that style of music... the ex pat germans who resided did. And through time they devolped that style in Mexico and it has stuck ever since. There are a lot of things that derive from MExico that are not of indian decent... but customs that started from the europeans decendants that inhabited the land.