Extending a hand...

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by BenC1357, Nov 16, 2003.

1. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    I usually don't start threads in opposing team's forums, but damn.

What a game, what a night, what a season!

Congratulations Quakes fans, you deserve it. Good luck next week. Make the HDC yours.

:(

2. supersport

supersport New Member

Oct 17, 2001
    San Francisco
    KC fans got nothing to be ashamed of, this game really could have gone eithier way.

3. tonyh01

tonyh01 Member

Nov 9, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great game on both ends...It could have been either of us. Props to KC...

4. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Thank you Ben! :)

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Like Supersport and Tony said, the Wizards and its fans have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. You had a great season and played really tough tonight.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp GO EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

5. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, Ben. Classy move by you. :)

The Wizards played well, the Quakes were just better when they had to be.

Best of luck to your lot next season.

6. ruudboy

ruudboy New Member

Jul 6, 2000
    Sunnyvale
    Good stuff Ben, your team played with great heart, it could of gone either way.

7. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Ben! KC sure didn't make it easy for the Quakes tonight.

And just so you know, your team's bus pulled off to a round of applause from the Quake fans.

8. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair Play

The Wizards played a tough game, and are just as good as the Quakes. They had 2 goals that could have been easy game winners, but the Quakes have been getting a rep for being the comeback/cardiac kids. No doubt Kansas City will be back, and Meola (despite all the ribbing from the opposition) is one tough keeper that will not allow a soft goal.

Good game, and very great and spirited fans in KC. Hope to see a few of you next weekend.

9. quakesfan10

quakesfan10 New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Thank you Ben!!

KC was very dangerous tonight and like others said, it could have gone either way. Good job tonight!

10. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    I don't think there can be any higher level of respect than that. Rivalries are one thing, but when two team (and their supporters) truely respect one another its an incredible feeling.

Kick Chicago's ass, cause I really don't want to listen to those guys if the win. :)

11. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hehe. Thanks. We don't want to listen to them either. :D

We also got a good word from Stephen Armstrong. As he was walking back to the locker room after the game we told him, "Good game. You fought hard. Etc." And he told us, "Good Luck."

12. Bajoro

Bajoro Member+

Sep 10, 2000
    The Inland Empire
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ben, your guys were champs. The whole affair made me proud of MLS and USA soccer.

13. Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe Member+

Mar 10, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That game was a technical gem, superior to the prior infamous collapse/spectacular comeback football-wise.

Don't expect a red carpet in LA, but the 6-7k long-suffering ClashQuake fans deserve a party. The rest of you frontrunners need to get behind this league for good.

14. sonofapitch

sonofapitch New Member

Feb 11, 2002
    Novato, CA
    Add my sentiment to those already expressed, Ben. A hearty "thank you" for your classy gesture. As we've all seen more often, forays into the other teams' boards would usually be saved for sour grapes or other smack by most.

The Wizards' fierce play and attack, especially in the first 15-minute extra period, had us sitting VERY uneasy in our seats and as time was winding down before Donovan delivered, I was dreading the thought of PKs ending such a fine season for either side (that's just not a fit way to decide.)

Admirable effort by KC tonight. Onstad made a whale of a save right on the goal line at one point late in the second half. The way I see it, KC was just the width of the ball away from reversing our roles.

Thank you for standing tall like your team. I look forward to our return matches next season!