Explosions in London

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Riz, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    And when you find these people, you'll find the women and children will cut your throat, throw that grenade, press that button on the remote detonator or just plain old shoot you dead, just as quick as the men.

Hence, I say, kill them all, men women and children.

See the difference?

2. ISiddiqui

ISiddiqui Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    I hope everyone down there in London is ok.

And can we put politics on the backburner, at least for 24 hours. It's not the time for it guys.

3. JoshDB

JoshDB New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Washington State
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My prayers go out to those who were injured or had loved ones who were killed in the explosions.

4. The_Special_One

The_Special_One New Member

May 17, 2005
    london
    Nothing justifies killing children. Children do what their told, cant u tell the difference between a child being forced to fight for a cause he or she knows nothing about and an adult knowing exactly what he is going to do?

This is not Vietnam.

5. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    Same here. My heart goes out to all those effected, being from NY I know how horrible this is.

6. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Well, I'm glad you feel that way.
    It makes up a perfect balance to counter act people like me.
    I don't care how old you are, or what gender, if you're trying to take me out, I'm going to return the favour.

It's not vietnam?
    Do you truly believe the women and children of these madmen are not actively involved?

Have you not been following the news?
    Sucide bombing is now an equal opportunity employer.

7. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004
    My sympathies with all of England especially London...I hope all of the Big Soccer Chelsea contingent are well and accounted for.....

8. maturin

maturin Member

Jun 8, 2004
    Clan, I have the utmost respect for you, but this last statement is ludicrous. It is very unfortunate that these militant extremists have chosen the paths they have. But they are an infinitesimal minority of the populations of countries such as Iraq, Afghanistan, and Saudi Arabia. Bombing cities such as Baghdad, Kabul, and Riyadh indiscriminately is simply wrong. Even though our enemies in this struggle don't hold themselves to any standards, it is our responsibility as the leader of the free world to do so ourselves. The Just War Theory and the Geneva Conventions must be applied to each of our maneuvers. To do otherwise would be to sink to the terrorists' level.

9. The_Special_One

The_Special_One New Member

May 17, 2005
    london
    You honestly thing a 12 year old child, who would probably rather play football, but who is forced by his parents into terrorism should be killed without mercy or hesitation? No offense, but then what would be the difference between u and a terrorist? They kill indiscriminately too. Women, children, they dont care.

And so terrorists can use your justification, our women are in the armed forced, our children grow up and lot of them join the army, an army which in their eyes invades their country and kills their civilians, like in Iraq. So whats wrong with what they do?

In a way, your making a case for Terrorism.

10. Liv'poolFaninAZ

Liv'poolFaninAZ New Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Glendale, Arizona
    I absolutely hate when things like this happen to good people, I hope that none of you are injured, or your families. My deepest sympathy goes out to all of you. I'm a Yank, but I love England although I've never been there, I can't explain it. I feel horrible for you all.

YNWA!!

11. jatm516

jatm516 Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Hope, Arkansas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hope that everyone in the Chelsea contingent is accounted for and OK. My thoughts are with those of you affected by this.

12. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    i agree 100%.

13. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I also say to only leave this thread open only to express sympathy and wish all the best to those who are in London. If we turn this into a political discussion, there will be many disagreements and arguments and this is not the time nor the place for that.

14. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well said; You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to yasik19 again.

Though, politics aside, may those who actively particiated in carrying forth this barbaric act soon breath their last vile breath.

15. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Winston Smith,
    You keep saying that they found unexploded bombs all over England and that they shot someone on Canary Wharf yet NONE of that is being reported anywhere. Where are you hearing that or is it just hearsay?

I believe it's all inaccurate and false. There is speculation that they found "MAYBE" two unexploded bombs but nothing to the extent that you are saying.

I feel sympathy for the entire city of London and those 37 who gave up their lives.

16. Grim_Reaper

Grim_Reaper New Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Know that America (except the left wing whackos) is standing solidly with Britain today, there has been much made of the special relationship between the two countries. And an attack on Britain is seen as an attack on America.

Apparently, Union Jacks have been appearing on US flagpoles as a sign of respect.

My niece (a gooner) was within earshot of the bus blast today. This kind of thing makes football seem very trivial.

17. matthewfoo

matthewfoo Member

Nov 12, 2004
    Singapore
    Condolences

18. halfnelson31

halfnelson31 New Member

Jul 23, 2002
    NOVA
    dont know if this has been posted i read it on the rugbyrugby messageboards. it was a poem read on BBC Radio

London Pride

You come to place your bags of hate
    On bus and train, you made us late
    Yet we'll be back again tomorrow
    We'll carry on despite our sorrow

Your bags of hate caused some to die
    Yet we stride out strong with heads held high
    You'll never win, we will not bow
    You can't defeat us, you don't know how

This London which we love with pride
    Is a town where scum like you can't hide
    Don't worry we will hunt you down
    Then Lock you up in name of Crown

We're London and we're many races
    Just look you'll see our stoic faces
    We all condemn your heinous act
    You will not win and that's a fact

We'll mourn our dead and shed a tear
    But we will not bow to acts of fear
    You're out there somewhere all alone
    There's nowhere now you can call home

Olympics ours we've won the race
    Your timing then a real disgrace
    Our strength you'll find remains unbowed
    We're London and we're very proud.

19. Speed_Racer

Speed_Racer Neuwbie

Jul 4, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    Plenty of emotion here today. It's expected. I placed a similar message in a couple other locations;
    I have no particular EPL club for which I regularly cheer for, but I wanted to say to all of our friends from across the pond that you're alright.

I feel fortunate that there are places like Big Soccer which make interaction like this possible.

20. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    FYI,

MY girlfriend was working in Canary Wharf yesterday, they most certainly did not shoot anyone there.

We had a bombscare in Coventry, there was a controlled explosion to destroy the suspect package, but it turned out to be a false alarm, no explosives were found.

21. Winston Smith

Winston Smith New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    London
    I think there's been a fair amount of misinformation over the last 24 hours. But then the security services aren't going to release any information unless they absolutely have to, for fear of causing widespread panic.

We probably won't really know what actually happened for a good few weeks.

22. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The Police are saying there is over 50 dead and that number is expected to rise :(

23. DonCorleone

DonCorleone New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    NY state.
    fighting terrorist is hard if not impossible, only God who can punish them in Hell. But there're things that can minimize it, good and fair Government's policy towards other countries and Fair economic policy that won't make others jealous and last one, Hunt them !

24. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Barra Brava at DC United game 7/9/05

[​IMG]

25. URwormfood