Explosions in London

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Riz, Jul 7, 2005.

1. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey
    my thoughts and prayers are with you all in london.

2. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We hope as well.

3. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    my thoughts and prayers are with every Londoner right now

4. DonCorleone

DonCorleone New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    NY state.
    My prayers to all victims and their family members.

5. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    These animals need to be hunted down, to the last man, and executed on the spot.

And there are people over here raising a stink about how they and their ilk are treated in prisons :rolleyes:

Sadly though, we are under far too many restrictions by our leaders as to what we can actually do.

Let MI6 do the grunt work, and then send in the SAS to wipe the bastards out, to the last man woman and child.

6. slipereypete

slipereypete BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    May the Lion roar back!

[​IMG]

7. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

Too fcuking right.
    Any risk is a risk too many, therefore intern all who have a suspicious past and provide safety for the majority, which is more important than the human rights of a terrorist suspected or otherwise at this point in time.

8. Winston Smith

Winston Smith New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    London
    Be careful mate. My gut reaction is to catch anyone remotely involved and crucify them, with bells on. I would still love to personally beat anyone involved to to death, but then I'd be a complete hippocrite.

I've had arguments with yanks on these boards because of American foreign policy post 911 and the overeaction (not on the day but several months afterwards) and I refuse to get involved in this retribution game.

At the end of the day, they wanted a catastrophe on 911 levels and they got a couple of explosions, and - by their disgusting standards - a low death toll. Well done cu nts. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't mean very much. I feel sad because I know next year it'll be some other poor bastards turn.

At least we got one of them, shot dead outside Canary Wharf. If only they could've burned the cu nt alive.

9. Winston Smith

Winston Smith New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    London
    Now I know you're going to see the post above and say 'y'see, typical spurs hooligan!'.

10. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    LOL, another time, not today. Glad your alright.

11. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    These guys are gonna be hard to find, Hopefully there will be a worldwide search for cells in major cities, and should go back to finding Bin Laden, he is a threat to world peace, he is training, brainwashing these moronic idiots to kill people. Time to bring these horrible people who did that to justice :mad:

12. Winston Smith

Winston Smith New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    London
    I need a bit of humour today mate. Did you hear about unexploded bombs in Brighton, Swindon, Luton, East Croydon, City of London, Stockwell and Watford. Thank god for our emergency services. It could've been so much worse.

13. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

Well one thing that does make me wonder is there were 7 explosions earlier, now the authorities are saying 4? Yet I have a friend who was at Aldgate who was told there was an explosion at Liverpool Street AND Moorgate. Seems to be a lot of information missing at the moment.

14. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Well, I shall, (respectfully) disagree with you Winston.

I am all for Bush and his stance of 'taking the fight off our shores' policy.

I also favour the hit back thrice as hard as you hit me policy.

I just disagree with some of the day to day methods that are being used to implement it.

15. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Great to see more of you check in and I fully agree with Clan regarding the situation.

16. Portugeezer!

Portugeezer! Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Raynham, MA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    My thoughts are with the people of London tonight.

I hope all the people who post on this board are ok, as well as their friends and families.

And for those who lost someone or knows someone who lost someone, my condolences go out to you.

Stay strong. And don't allow them to force you to live your life in fear.

17. Portugeezer!

Portugeezer! Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Raynham, MA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Looking at the footage of the damage done, it's amazing that the death toll wasn't much worse. One life lost is too much, but it could have been much worse.

18. Portugeezer!

Portugeezer! Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Raynham, MA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

And I would like to respectfully disagree with you Clanblue.

Bush's actions have made the world a much more dangerous place. While he's out taking the fight off our shores, he's left our borders defenseless. Here in the States we are less safe than we were 4 years ago. Our borders aren't patroled. Anybody can just as easily smuggle weapons onto airplanes. Our nuclear power plants aren't guarded. Neither is our public transportation.

In the meantime, our wanker of a president has turned Iraq into a training ground for terrorists. And yet, four years later Bin Laden and Al Queda are stronger than they ever were. We've had plenty of time and chances to take them down, but have failed to do so.
    When he was asked why we still haven't captured him, he said with his stupid little smirk of his; “Bin Laden is not a threat. He's not our top priority.”

But I digress, now's not the time for politics. Now's the time to mourn those innocent lives that were lost today. We can talk politics some other day. My apologies for the rant.

19. DonCorleone

DonCorleone New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    NY state.

That is a very good idea, don't need to bring them to justice ( just as Bush has always said ) but just kill them on the spot instead. When we bring to trial, we'll spend a lot of money and we, the tax payers will be the one who pay......

20. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    No problem.
    We all agree with the journey, it's just the path we use thats debated ;)

I am a route supervisor for a major trucking firm, and I deal with these situations each and every minute of every day.
    I can assure you, these specific things are not as lax as you think.
    The border issue is indeed pathetic, I'll agree, although, it's people, not material, that are getting across.Transportation, of any kind, requires roadways and bridges, these have all seen vast improvement, it's not perfect, may never be, but it's moving in the right direction.
    Anybody that can now smuggle a weapon on an airplane, has come up with a rather unique way of doing so.It is most certainly not 'just as easy' as it was pre 9/11...not impossible now mind you, but credit where it's due, improvements have been made.Improvements that are being updated all the time.
    There is a nuclear plant we service in Berwick, that has more security than some army outposts, 24hrs, 7 days a week.I don't know, personally, about any others, but I would assume that this is the norm.....or at least, I would like to think so.It is also a no fly zone.

Public transportation is an area that does indeed need to be looked at, however, in reality, blaming the administration for this is not fair.It's a virtually impossible task.One good thing we have going for us though, is the heightened awareness of fellow citizens on board ;)

This is where I agree.
    Common infantry on the ground won't win the war on terror, and as you rightly point out, it's actually hurting.
    At this point in time, I have a Brother-in-law (Marine), Niece (Army combat medic) and Nephew (National Guard/Army) all in Iraq.
    I have to wonder what the bloody hell they will do, that will in any significant way, win 'The War On Terror'.

I don't have an answer for that.

I myself am in favour of bombing them back into the dark ages, from the relative safety of the air.Do it hard and do it often!

21. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    I was stationed in the Lurgan barracks in Northern Ireland for 2 years, from 1982, to 1984.
    The amount of people that were 'known associates' of subversives was staggering, as was the lack of actual proof that was required to do something about it.

22. DonCorleone

DonCorleone New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    NY state.
    The World had been dangerous since Clinton's administration and The sept 11 tragedy happened before the Irak war and Bush' actions. And before that many bombings occured killing Americans abroad, one of them was the bombing of navy ship in Yaman.

23. Winston Smith

Winston Smith New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    London
    I used to have many an argument with a friend of mine who was on tour there. He wanted the days of the B specials back, when squads effectively assassinated anyone deemed to be IRA. Nine out of ten times they were, but the policy was just wrong.

I understand where you're coming from, but I look at terrorism like any other form of crime. It's wrong, and those who commited these crimes should be brought to justice, but I've never believed that a few innocent people should die so that the guilty go punished. I would rather the guilty walk.

24. The_Special_One

The_Special_One New Member

May 17, 2005
    london
    Did someone say they should kill men, women and children to revenge what happened? Thats just stupid.

Two wrongs dont make a right. My sister could have been affected by what happened today, but thank god she wasnt, but i am just as outraged as anyone else. But i dont think going out and killing anyone with a long beard or Middle Eastern background is justified. Nor is it justified to go out and kill anyone with who practices Islam. Cause if we did, then we would be just as bad as the terrorists, or Hitler, who blamed Germany's depression on jews and turned the publics outrage into hatred and used it to justify the holocaust.

Find the people actually related to this ********, find the terrorists, and if there is enough evidence, then do as u please, but make sure they ARE terrorists. Thats is what has to be done, instead of going and invading a country with millions of people, only a few hundred of whom might actually be terrorists.

25. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    But terrorism is not like any other form of crime.
    They most certainly should not be brought to justice - justice must be brought to them!