Expansion Draft

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by scaryice, Aug 25, 2006.

1. TFC_Hooligan

TFC_Hooligan New Member

Sep 27, 2006
    BMO Field Sec. 119
    You're right. Mo DID say one left-sided SI would be announced. That's why USector tried to determine who. But theories about false facts make it not very clear at all. And yes, then there's the transfer window.

So this player most likely DOES NOT play in Europe. Possibly South America or Scandanavia where the season schedules are different. For Example, half the Canadian squad just finished their seasons up in Norway, those out of contract are up for grabs.

We'll find out in 24 hours, either way.

2. TFC_Hooligan

TFC_Hooligan New Member

Sep 27, 2006
    BMO Field Sec. 119
    Exactly what I was going to say. It doesn't say anywhere you get a new one for a new season. If we trade it, we're essentially trading "a Figo" to say FSL for peanuts.

Now if they just gave us another spot for 08...sure of course. Otherwise, forget it.

Plus if Mo can somehow gets DeRo's attention with $$$, I'm sure he wouldn't mind using the slot on a cheap DeRo compared to Millionaire Joe.

3. TopDogg

TopDogg Member

Jan 31, 2000
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Paul Beirne (TFC Director of Business Operations) said late last week that the announcement was for the three Canadian signings.

Whether this has changed since then is up in the air, of course, but if the left-sided player is who we think it is, I don't see how they can announce him until January at the earliest.

Maybe we're in for a surprise tomorrow?

4. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome to MLS ;)
    Unfortunately not all of the surprises in MLs are enjoyable---but it's never dull :D

5. TFC_Hooligan

TFC_Hooligan New Member

Sep 27, 2006
    BMO Field Sec. 119
    Haha I'll bet. We have a secret plan though. We're gonna slow down the competition by bathing their kits and such in Maple syrup. Pretty good distraction ;) Funny how the laundry machine never works at BMO :p

TopDogg is right. That's why I think it's someone else and we're all just jumping the gun, which means at least half of us are also Leaf fans, LoL. 28 roster spots, and we've filled...umm, for sure, like 3.

On saturday MoJo was on AM640 and blurted out the added 4th player for Tuesday. It was a full hour radio show with him, and I'm sure he wouldn't lie.

See you gentleman tomorrow when we hopefully get our answer.

6. irishapple21

irishapple21 Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    Wouldn't it be funny if TFC's shirt sponsor was Kraft dinner? Sorry, I guess that had nothing to do with the conversation.