Expand to St. Louis

Discussion in 'MLS: Expansion' started by MetroFan 2000, Aug 19, 2002.

1. You can argue the new Comisky began the age of the new old styled park. Except this one was straight by the book. They took everything form the old Comisky and transferred it, and added some new seats. It bings the nostalgia of being almost the same as the old, yet is new and good for a new generation.

2. benine

benine New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    Chicago

And then there's the view...ever notice that unlike almost every other park, pictures of Comiskey are taken from the outfield in, not with the diamond pointed out? With the great CHA towers of despair casting such a wonderful backdrop, I'm sure that next years All-star game will have the doods at fox scrambling to replace the behind-the-plate angle.
    [​IMG]

See, i'm not even a native chicagoian but have allready picked up on the sillyness of Comiskey...could have built 15x better park if they waited just a few years and went towards Aurora. The charm of the place is that it replicated a large part of Old Comiskey, but Old Comiskey wasnt too fantastic either.

3. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    neighborhoods change... stadiums last a while

by the end of that stadiums life, that area could be the new wrigleyville

those CHA buildings could be gone (actually, i expect them to be gone by the end of Comiskey)

nothing wrong with them building it where they did or having it face the direction it does... probably much cheaper than it could have been if built elsewhere and a much large upside potential to the area

besides, it already has lower crime figures than around wrigley

4. NACIONAL

NACIONAL New Member

Dec 31, 2001
    Medellin, Colombia
    well i liked that photo... i don't know personally that stadium.... but i think it looks nice with that picture... and with this one too...
    [​IMG]

5. benine

benine New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    Chicago

Yeah, its okay, but is still just cold...like the Sox after May and Reinsdorf's blood. ;)

6. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    take note of their upper deck in the picture that nacional posted

most places have upper decks that will overlap the deck below to some degree... instead of NONE

7. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    this has to be the first st. louis expansion thread about public housing towers in chicago

8. benine

benine New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    Chicago

hey, i tried to bring it back from the far edge, but...

9. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    i don't mind st. louis building on the other side of the river... but having the other side of the river location be in chicago is pushing it... at least i would think so

10. benine

benine New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    Chicago

ah, what? the Chicago Cardinals...doesnt it have a nice ring to it, St Louis fans? ;)

11. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078

i do happen to know several cardinal fans living there... they did so just to give chicago some more people use to winning