Exchange Dates Left?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Colonial717, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Colonial717

Colonial717 New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    Arlington, VA
    My friend and I got season tickets together in the Barra for this season, but he got deployed to Afghanistan, well Kansas for now, but Afghanistan eventually. I bought his tickets so he wouldn't have to put them up on eBay. Then I proceeded to get married and missed 2 or 3 games with planning, wedding and honeymoon.

So basically I have a ton of tickets and am hoping that there are a few exchange dates left so I can bring a big group of friends. I lost the sheet that came with the tickets and DC United doesn't have anything up online (I think they should look into that). Can anyone post the dates and opponents left in the exchange program?

Thank you.

2. QuietSide

QuietSide Member

Oct 18, 2002
    I don't have the sheet right in front of me but I'm pretty sure there are only two remaining dates.

This weekend (8/23) vs. Colorado
    And Thursday (10/16) vs. New England

3. BigKris

BigKris Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Falls Church, VA
    I think there are two important lessons in this tale of woe.

First: Don't get married during the season. This is a pretty obvious one, and I'm sure you'll tell some story like you didn't know you were going to get the tickets when you scheduled the wedding or something, but really that's no excuse. You need to plan for these things in advance.

Second: Don't get deployed to Afghanistan during the season. I mean really - isn't this one of those things like asthma or conscientious objector status where you can get a waiver?

(In all seriousness - good luck to your buddy. There are a lot of vets in the Barra and we're all of us proud of those who serve. Tell him to come home safe.)

4. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    If you have tickets in Barra, our exchange is or used to be more liberal than general rfk tickets. Explain this to Oscar in person and he'll be able to let you know if we can do anything.