Excess of Liverpool shirts.

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by Ric_Braz, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    There were not many fans, English or otherwise, wearing Premier League shirts, but in PE, CT & Knysna almost without fail those who did had Liverpool ones? Firstly why?! Hardly anything to shout about and di anyone else notice this in other parts of the Country?

2. Gronum

Gronum Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Depends which chinese freight ship loaded with fakes lands here first. Liverpool, Chelsea and Man U, AC Milan and Real madrid will be the most commonly supported teams and thus the abundance of shirts. Before the WC you could find probably more Brazil than Bafana shirts.

3. Riaz2010

Riaz2010 New Member

Apr 29, 2010
    Zululand - RSA
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    helloooooo - ever thought that maybe Liverpool has a very large following here in South Africa:eek:?
    check out www.liverpoolfc.co.za - the local Official Liverpool website for more info.

And to answer your question on why people support Liverpool. I didn't know its a crime to support a team so rich in history and tradition:mad:
    Liverpool are currently experiencing a difficult transition presently - thanks to the 2 greedy Yanks. Liverpool fans wearing their colours are also showing their support especially when the chips are down.
    What will you think of die hard Manning Rangers fans?
    Also remember that true reds don't just decide to support another team overnight -ala Chelsea or Real Madrid.
    And wonder what you would have thought if you also experienced the Liverpool supporters in JHB or Durban

4. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nothing I like more than a patronising response like this and I am not ten years old! I don't this it was South Africans wearing them but other than English fans they were people from around the world. Of course they can wear their shirts with pride but I never saw any MU green and yellow or anything like as many clubs from any other part of the world.

My question was not a criticism it was had anyone else noted this so the last sentence is even more bizarre than the rest.