Ex-Rev Ian Feuer on trial with Arsenal

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by The Magpie, Aug 27, 2002.

1. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    No kidding: http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/020827/21/d89rj.html

Gunners look for Feuer rescue
    Tuesday August 27, 12:12 PM

"Former Wimbledon goalkeeper Ian Feuer has surprisingly jumped to the head of the queue in Arsenal's search for a back-up to David Seaman.
    Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has been searching for an understudy shot-stopper ever since he allowed Richard Wright to join Everton shortly before the season began.

He had hoped to sign Uruguay star Fabian Carini on a season's loan from Juventus but the deal collapsed over personal terms.

Djurgarden's Rami Shabaan and former Argentina international Carlos Roa were both in the frame but Wenger appears to have gone off the idea of recruiting either of them.

Now USA-born Feuer, 31, looks to be the most likely candidate after he demonstrated his experience to Wenger in training over the weekend..."

The Magpie

2. 103FAN

103FAN New Member

Aug 1, 2002
    Ian

Yeah, his mom sent me an email to that extent. She said they were looking at him on Saturday and called him back again on Monday for another look-see. Apparently, Ipswich is looking at him as a starter. Obviously, Arsenal would be the better choice. All it takes is an injury and your back up is your starter and often stays that way. Just look at Adin Brown!

3. fox point fury

May 19, 2001
    Providence
    Arsenal has had every available keeper on earth for a trial since Carini backed out. I wouldn't be surprised if they put Zenga through the paces.

4. BigFrank

BigFrank New Member

Apr 3, 1999
    Dublin, Ireland
    The Bucharest buffoon?

5. Revs Fan Forever

Revs Fan Forever New Member

Aug 8, 2002
    somewhere in MA
    I'd like to see Ian Feuer in a Arsenal uniform. I thought he did pretty well for us it's just the we had a horrible defense and an offense that did not score much. Good Luck Ian!!!

6. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Ironically enough, the "Bucharest Buffon's" got National tied for first in the table (Romanian First Division) with Rapid.

Why can't we get coaches like that.

Yeah, I know: "drink!"

The Magpie

7. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+

Feb 16, 2000
    Woburn, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ian Feuer to Arsenal?

Somebody cue the theme to The Twilight Zone.

8. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Show a little class. The guy was one of the world's best ever players.

So things didn't work out for him as coach here - that puts him in the club with every other coach we've had. And, yes, he acted out some frustration while he was here. Based on what little we know of the team ownership, management and league organization, can you blame the guy?