Ex Crux Azul player, Diego Latorre speaks about Lavolpismo

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Deleted USer, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    http://www.esto.com.mx/050704/futbol/17futbol.asp

2. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I am glad Latorre had the balls to say what he said.

I don't know why people fall for Lavolpe's BS about Mexico not having material to work with. Latorre is DEAD ON when he says that a coach forms his tactics based on the players he has. THAT IS COACHING

I agree wholeheartedly with his comments about the Herreras, Romanos copying a style that in the long run does not give results.

People in Mexico believe now that you can only do one of 2 things, play nice and offensive or be defensive and play for the result. It was him (La Volpe) that brought over his little stupid argie (menotti bilardo) wars and the press fell for it.

Are people to stupid to realize that it isnt that cut and dry. That you have options. That you can play agressive and still be concerned about the result (because at the end of the day, the MAIN objective is the favorable result). Its like people now think you ONLY have those 2 options. I remember when they had Miguel Herrera and Sergio Bueno on Republica Deportivo after Pumas had won their second championship. Miguel just kept criticizing how Pumas played.

3. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    latorre, i want to apologize for all the bad things i said about you... you can come in Mexico and coach .. id rather have you than a Romano, Graneolatti, etc