Everything official - LFC and Bigsoccer

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by dcc134, Aug 5, 2002.

1. Crown Paints

Crown Paints New Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Barnsley
    wait you PAID for that link??? I've been using that webpage for ages now completely free.

2. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hey just posting here because i Read an article about you Guys wanting to Rest Gerrard instead of him playing in the England friendly. Definantly have to say i agree with you guys here, Club comes before country in many things imo, even more so when its just a friendly.

The main Point i think that decides it is. Clubs pay the wages and Clubs train footballers to be what they are. National Teams just wreap the benifits with no input or such.

Stick it to 'em

3. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is that you Sir Alex????

4. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    TOMKINS: WHAT'S CHANGED SINCE LAST SEASON?

from.tv

Now is an easy time as a Liverpool fan to start getting carried away, and maybe that's dangerous. But if Reds can't enjoy this type of start to a season, they never will.

After all, it's been a while. The league may be a marathon, not a sprint, but at least the Reds haven't started in concrete running shoes this time around. That can only bode well.

It's hard to recall a better start in nearly two decades –– not just in terms of results, but the emphatic nature of the victories. The Reds are averaging about 20 shots a game at present, while Reina is a virtual spectator.

Top of the league with a game in hand, having played less home matches than Arsenal (who have had three of their four games at the Emirates) and Manchester United, make for happy days. Those two teams have also yet to face another one of the 'big four', whereas Liverpool have already encountered Chelsea.

The quality of opposition is now being questioned, but Liverpool have done enough to comfortably beat every team put in front of them –– home and away, in the league and in Europe –– and made them all look ordinary. And that includes Chelsea, who had luck on their side to escape Anfield with a draw.

Not many visiting teams will win at Villa Park and the Stadium of Light. Indeed, Villa and Sunderland have won all their other home games, with Villa's two home wins including victory over Chelsea, and Sunderland's other home game a defeat of Spurs.

I hinted at it last week, but I feel Benítez's men are wearing down the opposition, both physically and psychologically. There's a relentlessness about all aspects of the team's play.

Torres and Kuyt, as strikers leading from the front, run defenders into the ground, and exhaust them mentally. They don't stop chasing back, but have the energy to be just as persistent and determined bursting forward.

In midfield, everyone snaps in for the ball. Sissoko and Mascherano are like a pack of rabid hounds. Teams are closed down all over the park, and it's highly reminiscent of Rafa's Valencia at their best. But it needs a title to prove it.

5. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  7. Grinners89

Grinners89 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Its not too bad...we have Itandje, Martin, Gulacsi, Hansen, Milhaylov, Bouzanis who are all good players...especially my fellow aussie Bouzanis...he will be a very good player...IF he works hard and continues to improve

8. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    The Big Interview with Bruce Grobbelaar

9. Gmak

Gmak BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 13, 2005
    Hey Liverpool Fanatics! hope you're having a plesant day! This may be a bit random but, Benayoun is in my Fantasty team. What do you make of the chances of him playing against Porto and past 60 minutes? or do you feel Rafa will rotate him? Thank you for your support.

10. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    He is currently injured. We will see if he is in contention to play against Newcastle first. Then we will be able to gauge his chances for the Porto match.

11. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ray Kennedy Fundraiser

Sad for Ray. I hope they can raise a good amount for him.

[youtube]2Mk4hzTsAW4[/youtube]

12. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Had missed that article. I'll certainly take part. Glad to note that Arsenal fans are also participating. Always thought they generally had class.

13. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me too --- present company on some threads seem the exceptions that prove the rule -- mostly American plastics though

14. TFCHooligan

TFCHooligan New Member

Jan 31, 2008
    For the life of me, I cannot put my finger on what is wrong with L.Pool... They come out some days and run the pitch so well. Others days you ask yourself, "Why bother?"

Something is very wrong with this club. If anyone could give me some insight to their woes this year I would be delighted to read them.

15. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well some games the other team scores more goals then we do, and in too many games we've scored the same amount of goals as the other team. Thats it in a nutshell.

16. CCSC_STRIKER20

CCSC_STRIKER20 New Member

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So that's what Everything official means.