Everything Nizhny Novgorod

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by pxmoseredux, Apr 23, 2018.

1. pxmoseredux

pxmoseredux Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Hey all, just looking for a thread for those coming to Nizhny for the WC. I am going to be there for two weeks from the States and am looking forward to enjoying the city and it's environs. I am slowly gathering sources of information on things in the city, etc. If you have anything good to add, please join the thread.

I will be seeing matches 12, 23 30, 42 and 52.

Should be fun!!!

Simon JF, Fedechat and themanlarry repped this.
  2. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    I'm heading there and back for a match from Moscow for the day so will only have a few hours to look around before the mind switches to football.

Current plans:
    - Walk up to Blagoveschenskiy Monastery for the view from Fedorovsky Embankment.
    - Walk down Rozhdestvenskaya street (main street along with Pokvrovka) to the Rozhdestvenskaya Church.
    - Go to Nizhny Novgorod Kremlin (look for tank and for 'victory panel art').
    - Check out the FanFest at the end of street in Minin and Pozharsky Square, near the Chkalov Stairs.
    - Find a nice bar for beers. Some recommended by others: Ale Capone, Pivoteka Hophead, Bootlegger, Shustry Shmel (Frisky Bumblebee), but anywhere will do :) + a big lunch.
    - Go to the stadium and see Sweden battle South Korea!

3. Cheetah101

Cheetah101 Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Arizona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be there for a few days (6/25 - 6/28) to catch Switzerland v Costa Rica.

Only thing I have read about is their kremlin, but haven't done much research beyond that. Looking forward to your discoveries.

4. Simon Overall

Simon Overall Member

Sydney FC
    Australia
    May 7, 2014
    Sydney
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Thanks for the good tips theManLarry - Will be there for four days during the Cup!

themanlarry repped this.
  5. pxmoseredux

pxmoseredux Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Feel free to PM me your contact info if you all feel so inclined. I will be staying with people I know who live there, so I will have a good source of information. Will be there from the 17th June to 3rd July.

Simon Overall repped this.
  6. In Nizhny Novgorod on Minin and Pozharsky square will be organized watching football matches on the big screen, performance of popular artists and communication with football stars and other guests of honor.
    Entrance to the festival will be free.
    At the opening on June 14, ambassadors of Nizhny Novgorod will perform at the world Cup group UmaTurman, June 18 - "Swanky Tunes", June 19-Oleg Gazmanov, June 21-group "Pendulum", June 24 - Paul Oakenfold, June 25 – group" Earthlings", June 27 – group" Ivanushki International", July 1 – "My Michelle", July 6 – "Artik and Asti", July 15 - Leonid Agutin.
    https://m.newsnn.ru/news/sport/09-0...orye-vystupyat-na-festivale-bolelschikov-fifa English Google translator

Cheetah101, Fedechat and themanlarry repped this.
  7. xDevVSmBMHw.jpg the scheme of the stadium, Nizhniy Novgorod

tudobem62014 and Fedechat repped this.
  8. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
  9. Ruslan6868

Ruslan6868 New Member

Barcelona
    Russia
    May 2, 2018
    Hi! My name is Ruslan, I live in Nizhny Novgorod, Russia. As you know, NN takes 6 matches, and I am glad to invite you to my hometown.

I read that many fans are afraid of various problems of travelling to Russia. Of course, it takes place, but I am sure that these problems are not very big. If anyone has ANY questions about Nizhny Novgorod I am ready to answer (if I know an answer:) ). Also I would like to say that NN is the nearest of cities-hosts from Moscow (about 400 km) and is located between Moscow, Kazan and Saransk. NN is very large, has many places that you should see. I think you should use a chance and visit to NN for a few days. I will try to meet you at the railway station, I will give you advice, if you ask me, I will rent you my apartment at a not big price, I will show you my native city and introduce you to my family. Come to the NN with your family – it’s a best way to friendship between our peoples.

I wait Your messages on e-mail: fro_rn@list.ru

10. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Any restaurant/ food recommendations?

11. Cheetah101

Cheetah101 Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Arizona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know if there are any WhatsApp groups for Nizhny Novogorod?

If not I could start one.

12. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    sk1001, Simon Overall, Licho and 3 others repped this.
  13. Licho

Licho Member

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jan 10, 2018
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What a great resource to have seats with different colors, it gives the sensation of the stadium being full

14. #14 Nu_nusik, Jun 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  15. Cheetah101

Cheetah101 Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Arizona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States