Everyone's favorite son: The Timo Werner thread

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Jul 2, 2017.

1. NavyVet

NavyVet Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Mar 1, 2022
    Beverly Hills, CA, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I am in two clubs Las Vegas and LA Bayern Munich club in the US. That was the hot topic and everyone agrees on one thing, and that is Brazzo has no clue and he needs to go. One reason why Hansi Flick was so quick to leave Bayern for Die Mannscahft was because he did not get along with Brazzo. Unfortunately seems like Oliver Khan and the higher ups at Bayern, seem adamant about keeping him on board. I have NO idea why or what this guy brings to the table. I think Hansi Flick would have left Bayern for Die Mannscahft eventually but Brazzo for sure speeded up the process. I still though want to see a little more from TW and here is why. Again , I am monitoring his stats at Chelsea and overall he has 7 goals but 1 in the EPL so far, he can do better than that. He could be a piece of the puzzle for Hansi Flick but I don't think the offense should flow through Werner because he still needs some chances to finish. Hansi Flick seems to see something in him though and I trust his judgement so there must be a reason why he is on DFB and why Chelsea still wants him.

Ator, Alex C and Ger90 repped this.
  2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Brazzo is a clown and has been one from day 1. I'm not suprised Flick hated him.
    it took most fans ages to think he's a joke too.

Werner has interesting potential but as you mentioned, his weak finishing is his main issue......ironically didn't have that issue with RB.

so far so good for Werner under Flick
    6 goals and 1 assist in 7 matches

did well in build up for goal vs Dutch too.

3. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    https://football-italia.net/juventus-meet-with-werner-and-weigls-agent/

Juventus, Milan and Atalanta met with agent Volker Struth, who manages Timo Werner and Julian Weigl, ahead of possible business in the summer.

The German agent, who also represents Toni Kroos, met with the Bianconeri as well as the Rossoneri and la Dea, opening talks with the clubs ahead of the summer transfer window. This isn’t the first time that Weigl in particular has been linked with a move to the Italian peninsula.

As reported by Calciomercato.com, Juventus in particular may be interested in Struth’s clients as they look for a new midfielder and forward in the summer, and it’s no surprise that they took stock of the situations involving Werner and Weigl.

Benfica are willing to sell the former Borussia Dortmund midfielder but he would cost around €40m, the same estimated cost as Werner, whose market value has plummeted following two disappointing years with Chelsea. His £14m net per season wages could prove problematic, however.

Both players are open to a change in the summer and Juventus are studying the situation as they look to enter the summer transfer window prepared.

Ger90 repped this.
  4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I recall in interview Werner said isn't interested in Serie A. Don't think would fit that league.

Weigl transfer is over due.

BVBFNM repped this.
  5. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I know this is the Timo Werner thread, but since you're mentioning him, I'm still pissed off at my club for letting Weigl go.

Back on topic.

Ator and ShadowX repped this.
  6. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Saw the highlights…very lively performance from Werner… bad luck prevented him from scoring his first premier league hattrick

Ger90 repped this.
  7. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Werner was very good yesterday, very sharp and dangerous looked more like his Leipzig form hopefully he can build on this. Seems to like playing Southampton, 5 goals in 4 apps against them, 4 goals in 47 v the rest of the EPL lol.

Ator, Ger90, ShadowX and 1 other person repped this.
  8. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Werner with an assist on Mount's goal as Chelsea take a 2-0 lead vs Crystal Palace in the FA Cup

ShadowX repped this.
  9. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Could have had two more assists if Lukaku wasn’t such a bum

ShadowX and AdiD repped this.
  10. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Imagine how Werner would have been trolled if he had missed the sitter that Lukaku missed

ShadowX and AdiD repped this.
  11. AdiD

AdiD Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München

ShadowX repped this.
  12. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    That is actually pretty poor for a top 9

You could imagine him working as part of a front 3 like liverpool.

13. AdiD

AdiD Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Not amazing but better than i thought.

He has not played as s pronounced 9 that much either (dont have the numbers).

Agree, he fits a gegenpressing systeme very good with his pace and workrate. Think thats why Flick seems to like him much.

BorisG repped this.
  14. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
  15. dabny

dabny Member

Anderlecht
    Belgium
    Apr 5, 2019
    a missed opportunity for both havertz and werner there.
    going in i thought it would be cool if havertz again manages to score the winner for chelsea in another final.
    unfortunetly never got the chance and then werner pulls a 2014 khedira to boot.

16. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
  17. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
  18. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
  19. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Chelsea would reportedly like a transfer fee of around 33 million euros for Werner, which is 20 million less than what they paid for him originally

However that's still to expensive for Leipzig right now, especially after them signing David Raum

So therefore the loan with purchase option model is being explored. Werner is also willing to take a pay cut to his salary, where he currently makes 18 mil a season. Juventus and Newcastle are other clubs that could be in the mix but Leipzig should be front runners if a move were to happen

https://www.ligainsider.de/mobile/t...dash-dennoch-zu-teuer-fuer-rb-leipzig-324221/

20. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
  21. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Only 30m???? Hey Brazzo!!

22. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Bayern is pretty stacked with options for Nagelsmann's formation, so would rather see Werner back at Leipzig though

23. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Do we have a proper #9?

24. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
  25. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Hopefully he can resurrect his career

Rough 2 years for him. Sticking by my theory that he is a deeply flawed player and not good enough for an elite side.

Doesn't mean he can't succeed at the lower level of international football