Everyone's favorite son: The Timo Werner thread

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Chelsea's in the same group as Sevilla, Krasnodar, and Rennes. Should be doable although Chelsea haven't exactly gotten off to a great start this season as a team.

2. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  3. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Lampard admits he has been playing Chelsea new boys Havertz and Werner out of position due to injuries in squad

Ahead of Saturday's clash with Crystal Palace, Lampard said: "Timo and Kai don’t necessarily have favoured positions themselves but I have a clear idea of where I want them to play.

"At the moment, injuries have not made it that possible and sometimes you have to be adaptable in those difficult times."

Christian Pulisic remains one of those who has occupied the treatment table since the beginning of the campaign.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...chelsea-havertz-werner-position-injuries/amp/

Ger90 repped this.
  4. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Chelsea with a 4-0 win over Crystal Palace but from the sounds of it Werner had a poor game. 4th EPL appearance without a goal now

5. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    And the worst part, Havertz is equally bad. He keep losing ball. The only saving grace from Havertz is his being fouled that leads to fourth goal by Jorginho penalty.

Ger90 and Epitome990 repped this.
  6. Lewisfromuk

Lewisfromuk Member

Bayer Leverkusen
    Germany
    May 15, 2018
    I don’t think watched the game, I think havertz played rather good, more and more becoming the no 10 role for Chelsea

Ger90 and PierreLittbarski repped this.
  7. Lewisfromuk

Lewisfromuk Member

Bayer Leverkusen
    Germany
    May 15, 2018
    True, he lost a few balls, but who won’t when playing against a parked bus team high up in the pitch and take risk?

8. Lewisfromuk

Lewisfromuk Member

Bayer Leverkusen
    Germany
    May 15, 2018
    If you did watch the game, apart from the last goal from his being fouled, the third goal started from his tackle ball from opponent and some quick one two leads to the goal

9. Lewisfromuk

Lewisfromuk Member

Bayer Leverkusen
    Germany
    May 15, 2018
    Though I do think Werner is struggling, his career can go downhill if he is not careful, I just don’t think Lampard is the right coach to get the best out of Werner

10. PierreLittbarski

1. FC Köln
    Germany
    Sep 9, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Werner should have done better with that killer pass from Havertz

11. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Cool. Whatever you said bro

12. Lewisfromuk

Lewisfromuk Member

Bayer Leverkusen
    Germany
    May 15, 2018
    It is not whatever I say, if you have different opinions, you can present it and argue for it

ShadowX repped this.
  13. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I saw only last 20 minutes of the game and think Havertz did fine even though should work harder...Werner was listless

14. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    With a club like Chelsea, they won't hesitate to make changes if a player doesn't work out. Morata didn't last long there, and they've always had a large amount of players out on loan. Werner should at least last the season, so we'll have to see how things turn out.

15. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    The lessons Timo Werner can learn from Son Heung-min at Tottenham to become a Chelsea superstar

The German is still waiting for his first goal after a big money move from RB Leipzig

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/news/lessons-timo-werner-can-learn-19013786

Timo Werner at Chelsea: How can Frank Lampard get the best from him?

With Timo Werner waiting for his first Premier League goal, Frank Lampard getting the best from his striker could shape Chelsea's season. So what's the plan?

https://www.skysports.com/football/...a-how-can-frank-lampard-get-the-best-from-him

16. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Werner on fire against Southampton, 2 goals so far

Blueberry_night repped this.
  17. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Meanwhile Werner scores his first premier league goal

18. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Really good to hear that.

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  20. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Was outstanding, his ability to run directly at defences was brilliant today.

ShadowX, Ger90 and Blueberry_night repped this.
  21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hasenhuttl knows Werner well, having signed the Germany striker while he was in charge of RB Leipzig. Werner’s international team-mate Havertz also arrived in west London over the summer, with Chelsea paying more than £70m to sign him from Bayer Leverkusen. ‘

I knew the moment would come that he scored his first goal in the Premier League. I hoped it would not be against us,’ Hasenhuttl said following the match. ‘When you give him space, it’s hard to defend against him. The first goal we made it too easy for him.

‘It’s tough to defend against him. When you are not tight on Timo and Kai Havertz they will kill you. ‘But I am really happy that Timo is in England and playing in the Premier League. ‘He’s fantastic for the fans, but it’s good we took a point as otherwise I wouldn’t be so happy for him.’

22. Collected

Collected Member+

Jul 19, 2014
    Timo's first touch let him down again and again in the match against Sevilla. His touch has been hit or miss throughout his career unfortunately. It is unlikely to get much better at his age. His touch was worse than usual tbf. He will have better days.

PierreLittbarski repped this.
  23. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  24. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Game finished in a scoreless draw. Werner and Havertz both subbed off at the beginning of the 70th min range.

Ger90 repped this.
  25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol