Everyone's favorite son: The Timo Werner thread

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yeah it's better that he stays and if he joins Bayern what is the point of Arp. Last thing we need is German strikers blocking German strikers.

not very pleased (for now) with Amiri to Bayer and Brandt to Dortmund. Did they move to be benchers?

2. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dortmund will play 50-55 games this season

Are u silly enough to think they will have the same XI for 55 games???

Oh please

Brandt will have 25 starts at least this season, n he will only play more once he’s settled

3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #578 Ger90, Aug 26, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    LOL, someone posts FOR NOW and KHR's STUPIDITY aka being purposefully ILLITERATE comes back. OH PLEASE, oh wait, it's this same guy who has no life but make fusses about NOTHING.

even then I'm not too keen on Brandt at Dortmund anyways.

always makes me chukle how you always fixate like 1 line of my posts and make a huge fuss from there.

you don't care about anything I post anyways, so what is up with your constant fixation? Not sure why you also seem to only fixate on my posts? I guess the price one pays for interacting TOO much with you. It's why I always ignore you for awhile, months at that too.

why am I discussing with a guy who used to trash Brandt and then lied about how he always liked him after he performed for the NT?

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    why you even posting in Werner's thread? Same guy you trashed for over a year and we all know the real reason you kept trashing him everytime someone brought him up in his own thread too.

I still recall how you believed that he wouldn't score 10 goals in 1BL last season.:ROFLMAO::laugh: Good one......

5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  6. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Said it many many many times

Brandt is average at wing but last season when he was used as an 8, he saved his career by playing there.

Oh please, read all the posts. I think i have posted the same yesterday. Never liked him as a winger
    Brandt doesnt have to start 50 games a season. 25 will be good, not overplaying and some rotations.

Even Reus needs to be rotational.

And again for Werner? I think he should be developed as a winger. He needs too much space and has limitations playing in tight spaces.

He is playing as a left winger now for LEipzig too. Unless we are playing 2-striker, i dont see Werner as an option at MS.

Even Gnabry can handle tight space better. And tight space is usually in the centre, out wide usually given more space especially the half spaces.

7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    YAWN, that's all.

8. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Ger90 , I think better for us all if you refrain from replying to KHR. I honestly suprised you two started to communicate each other again these past weeks. Well all is fine and dandy if its all rainbow and constructive communication. Nevertheless, as these above posts depicted, it is quite clear there is a certain animosity whenever you communicate with KHR. IMO, the ignore stance from your end is quite accurate.

nekkibasara and Ger90 repped this.
  9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    for a guy who claims to talk to players and such. He shows HIS real face in here while talking to those people he puts a nice fake polite front, lol. Guess that is the issue of the anonymity of the Internet, jerks will be happy since they can be themselves in here.

always wonder is KHR"s purpose to kill off the German boards? All of his attempts to bully, make fuss about nothing and insult others seems like a desire to do so. Guy has been bonkers for over a year and a half now.

I think he's an ego maniac tbh, has shown himself to be so numerous times. When someone posts about how he's so knowledgeable (has gotten a ton wrong and constantly changes his mind too) and how everyone here is an amateur and how we should be honored that he's giving us his views. What does that say about them? Also claims that he's doing it to "educate" others, LOL.Than makes huge fusses when people don't agree with him. Also constantly does not read anyone's posts and makes up shit they never said too.

inability to give his views without trying to shove it down people's throat, not nice/humble for a second. Is it really hard to be polite? I know he doesn't care if he people like him or not. But why post in a forum with fellow fans if you act like that? Seems like a waste of time on his part.

I got no problem with any of the German board posters since I joined except for him in last year, dude is toxic. I think it's a mix of decreasing number of posters while being nice as the only reason why I keep interacting with him. Although always take a break from him for awhile, putting him on ignore. If the day comes where we get a lot of new posters. He'd easily become a permanent ignore.

advice to any new posters, when joining put him on ignore by default. Avoid the mess that comes with interacting with him.

10. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Pretty much said it many times

Timo Werner would not develop as a striker in long term. Pretty much playing as a winger nowadays

Predicted long time ago.

Guy can’t play in tight space, n centre forwards need to play tight space. So he’s better out wide

Either in a two striker system or as a winger; in a single striker system, he can’t do nothing as a lone striker unless opponents are giving us space to play counters.

I m right again

N I said Brandt shouldn’t play winger before. Right again , selectively forget about that?

I m always right. N I never change my mind.

Said 1997 were so bad ages ago, and everyone was having a go at me.

I said Havertz was better as a front 3 than as a midfielder. He scored 17 goals last season, and he was on fire playing as a supporting forward for Leverkusen last season

I remember people were saying Havertz should develop as an 8, I said no. He should be playing closer to final third n have lower workload. Or else he will burn out early

Havertz still play his best games in a front three interchanging system. Play CF at times in the middle through the game. That’s what I predicted too

Right again...

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    are you sure you said that? Because every single one of your post was Havertz should be striker, even sole striker. You wouldn't shut about how he should be striker and how everyone including all the coaches are stupid for not wanting him as CF. While vast majority of people saw him more of AM or attacking player but non striker.

your fixated on the whole if an attacking player is in box he's suddenly a striker, that's not how it works if Volland is on the side for whatever reason than your other players have to compensate for his absence in the box.

12. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes the system was interchangeable

Not sure if u have watched the matches or just stats

I said many times, u can check my posts, I said put Havertz as front three, he can still interchange to CF position

And in fact throughout the games, when Volland was back for build up or one the flanks, Havertz was always at the 9 for scoring

That’s why he scored so many goals

That’s the attack I wanted to see too. Fluid n interchangeable

For NT, with Sane(inj), Gnabry Brandt and Reus those. I think we can have a similar system

The striker is required to track back n interchange anyway, so the front 3 can have equal amount of time at the 9

Havertz is better as Front 3 option than at “8” nowadays. U want to have him in the final third more, he can give u more goals

13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    you know nothing you said about Werner is anything new right? You know that RB Leipzig played vast majority of their games with 2 upfront and even CC we played Werner and Stindl. Don't pretend that your posts are sooooo illuminating when they aren't.

and no you aren't always right and yes you do always change your mind, been here for over 3 years, and you've changed your mind a ton, liar. Don't think people have selective memories because they don't. And keep showing how much of a narcissist, ego-maniac you are.

14. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    N I made the development predictions on Werner, Brandt n Havertz all right

Werner should be used as an inside forward rather than 9

Brandt better as midfielder than at wing, I don’t like him at the wing at all

Havertz should be developed as front 3 option rather than at midfield. In a fluid interchanging system, his scoring instinct can be helpful and him at the “9” position always happens throughout the game

If Volland is called up to Nt, I think we have all the missing pieces

Johannes Eggestein is not playing as a right winger too. It’s a free roaming front 3 where Jojo can cut in and striker goes back n press/build up. So Jojo is basically having 1/3 of time playing some 9 as well

Kohfeldt said he will develop as midfield. But I don’t think that will happen eventually.

15. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don’t change my mind

I know Leipzig played two up top but ur Nt play 4231. I don’t think Werner can play striker for us, only Winger

As a lone striker u need to play in tight space, said that million times, and Timo Werner can’t. I said this so many times

Now Leipzig are playing 343 , Werner has to play at LW. Prediction right, no change

2) I said I hate Brandt at wing

Eventually he started playing “8” , prediction right

3) Havertz should be used as one of the three interchanging forwards and have 1/3 time playing “9” to utilise his scoring instinct and shouldn’t be away from final third too often

Scored 17 goals last season, majority as one of the three forward in an interchanging system

Prediction right again

3 years. Prove that I see these players’ delvoepment path so clearly

16. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And whoever said Werner should be used as “9”

Havertz can only play 8 or 10, is wrong

Havertz should be used as forwards, middle or wide, the system is interchanging

Werner is not a centre forward. Not only because of his size (he’s not 180cm), Aguero, Mane n Gierzmann can play CF well too, it’s only because he can’t do nothing without another cF in a two-striker system

And he has to go wide to use the space. CF need to play in tight space, Poulsen is actually the guy with such function

17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    congrats and I could care less (and keep lying). All that time you are obsessed with shoving your views on me for whatever reason, even though you don't like me which makes the whole thing very awkward. And reality is that you've barely convinced me of anything anyways in these 3 years.

And guy posts nothing new or obvious things and then proclaims himself prophet, lol.

have you convinced anyone though of anything? I know a ton of people put you on ignore so that makes it harder.
    still can't forget your Plattenhardt implosion, lol.

also who could forget how you posted the Havertz should be CF all over the Internet as well, LOL. You really do try to force your opinion/views on everyone you meet online.

18. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Volland is not really playing CF all the time, his role interchanged with Havertz

Volland track back n Havertz always appears at 9 , scored many goals that way too

So Havertz also had a ton of time playing 9 last season. The RW is an initial position but throughout the game , when Volland tracks back or goes wide, Havertz was always at the 9 position

Havertz does play at 9 throughout the games, unless u didn’t watch the matches . And that’s exactly what I predicted for him to utilise his strengths

Even u out Gnabry at CF n Havertz at RW, the interchanging will also happen. 3 free roaming forwards

Sorry I m right again

Werner, Brandt n Havertz . Insistence was correct

U don’t need to agree or impress. Because I know I was right

19. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Havertz does play some 9 throughout the match

It’s like Mane and Salah also occupy playing time at the 9 because Firmino is always tracking back n involve in build up n pressing

So the two “wingers” (not really wingers but more like inside forwards), Mane n Salah, will be at the “9” too

If u look at City, Sterling also have tons of time playing in middle. Throughout the match Sterling has around 15-20min at the 9. That happens in England team too

20. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Werner with his first Bundesliga hattrick....Ginter with terrible defending in all 3 occasions

Blueberry_night repped this.
  21. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    30 mil well spent (2020) [emoji57]

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    crossing my fingers that Werner wins the 1BL top scorer this season. About time a German striker wins it. This puts him at 5 goals in 3 games in 1BL, scoring in every game.

Current season in all competition
    5 goals and 1 assist in 4 games.

the hat trick also puts him as over 100 1BL goals/assists and now 2 off of scoring his 70th in 1BL.

Goal #1 to make it 1-0.
    https://streamja.com/QN7d

Goal #2 to make it 2-0
    https://streamja.com/lBk4

Hat trick to make it 3-1.
    https://streamable.com/ijl9b

as for Ginter, not very surprising, I hope Beyer gets chances....

dips82 and Blueberry_night repped this.
  23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    actually recent reports put it at $60M.

24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  25. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hasn’t Lewy surpassed that a while ago? What metric are they using?