Everyone loves a winner...

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Heeligan2, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Heeligan2

Heeligan2 Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Earthaven, NC
    ...except sore losers among the fans of some of the other teams. With the outstanding performance of our team this season, I guess we can expect some negative comments and trolling by resentful fans of less successful teams. When this happens, I appreciate folks using the "report this post" option, or sending me a personal message.

Here are a few thoughts. These trolls are probably 14 or 15 years old and/or have a corresponding lack of maturity and a juvenile sense of humor. They are seeking attention, so ignoring them is a good strategy (and I will deal with the TOS violations appropriately). If we engage or attack them on the board, they are more likely to return to fan the flames. If you feel that the offensive post needs a response, personal messages may be best.

Thanks everyone!

2. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    Umm, whatever. Now if you had beaten Philadelphia...

3. Andyrey

Andyrey New Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Raleigh NC
    Typical sore looser. We beat Washington who beat Philly. That is good enough for me.

4. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    Um, Andy, What I said was if you had beaten Philadelphia you would have to worry about sore losers crying about their loss. I haven't heard a single Freedom fan complain about the result or say Carolina didn't earn their title this year, and was annoyed to see Heeligan hint that it was otherwise by bothering to start this thread to begin with.

So if I'm not clear, Carolina was the most consistent team in 2002, played better on Saturday, and are worthy champs.

5. Heeligan2

Heeligan2 Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Earthaven, NC
    If you had been on this forum Monday night, you would know what the post is about.

6. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    Perhaps. You should probably post what happened so we can see why you started this thread. Thanks.

7. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    It's all very simple. Let's just drop it. Certain philly and beat fans came a trolling. Heeligan2 laid in the moderator smackdown, removed most of the offending (and quite offensive) posts, and then the trolls went away. She started this "play nice" thread which apparently has been misunderstood by those that missed the original fireworks.

Let's just get back to enjoying our Double!
    [​IMG]
    (photo by Andy Reyes)

8. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    Ahh, but it was Beat and Philly fans then! So my point is correct, no sore losers among our DC ranks that I'm aware of. This thread was meant for others.

BTW - what is the trophy on the right in the picture?

9. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    The 2002 regular season champion trophy. NICE!!!

10. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Don't be so hypersensitive. Heeligan never said the Freedom fans were causing problems. Let's drop it.

11. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    Although Heel probably didn't intend it this way, the way the thread was presented was going to leave the impression that it was fans of the losing finalists that were causing problems, which I took issue to since no Freedom fans on these boards have been like that. Since the facts are now out, I was going to drop it until I saw your above post.

As for the trophy - the league actually does recognize and present hardware for the regular season title? I guess this may make discussion of a supporters shield sort of moot...