Everyone Else But Us (Other Teams Thread 3) [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Twenty26Six, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CCSC_STRIKER20

CCSC_STRIKER20 New Member

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See, why can't he come over here more often instead of the ones that fall off the special bus?

Good posts all the time from him.

2. CCSC_STRIKER20

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Styles rested again after mistakes in another game. I think the FA needs a major overhaul of their referees.

3. luciusmagister

luciusmagister New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    7th Heaven
    Me too. I think there is a possibility of Serie A like problems in the EPL. How were the problems uncovered in Italy and who would investigate such things within the FA?

4. CCSC_STRIKER20

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I don't know how much match-fixing is actually going on, I don't think so at least. Maybe a little.

I just think the refereeing level is very poor, and referees are easily influenced by more esteemed managers, players, and clubs (Liverpool no excluded from this at all).

At the beginning of the season the FA has to lay down some strict rules for bullying of referees, two-footed tackles, etc. Right? So everyone knows that is what people get for doing those sort of things, because as we all know some of the managers and players are quite thick-headed. They have to stop making mandates or telling referees to look for something after it happens. (Cole bullies referee, Masch gets sent off).

That's just my two cents.

5. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Because they put straps on my seat after the 04/05 season.

6. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I agree with all of this. He's much more of a team player now than he ever was. Which is ironic in it's own sense, given the amount of personal excellence on show this season. But there's the nub of it: a player who is truly the best in the world is an unqualified success on a personal and a team level, at the highest niveau, on a consistent basis. Ronaldo is close, but he's not there yet.

7. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's a great footballing talent who seems to be a narcissistic prick of a person. He is not very bright and appears to be the model of the pretty boy, "I'm entitled to admiration" professional athlete around the world.

8. dutchbrowncoat

Sep 11, 2006
    he really is, and that is what gets me about him. he is quite a good footballer, but his attitude is not right. watching the game yesterday, even the manu fans i was watching with were upset at points. every time he was touched and ended up on the ground, the first thing he does is turn to the ref and throw his arms up and start crying. it is kind of disgraceful, really, and it is my big problem with him. i dont mind the diving so much even, but to make such a big deal over every foul is a bit much. also, he did absolutely nothing for united defensively, standing in place waiting for the ball to come to him or taking a few minutes to stand up after his latest complaining. even better is some of the instances where manu was attacking...if the ball wasnt played to him and rooney or scholes decided to have a go, he would flap his arms in disgust.

give me gerrard who will track back to our box to help out in a pinch. give me kuyt who will give everything he has got for the sake of the team all game every game. give me torres who will work defensively even though his job is to score goals. give me carragher who will throw his body all over the place and get right back up without a word after a hard tackle or collision. and give me a coach who doesnt need to pressure the officials into calling penalties and fouls on cheap dives.

9. CCSC_STRIKER20

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ronaldo doesn't really play defense...ever.

10. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    I believe he gave away a penalty against Greece in Euro2004. Portugal consequently lost that match 2-1. ;)

C Ronaldo is a great attacking player and I have no problem with him.

11. catenaccio_L'pool

Oct 21, 2005
    Top Of The Table
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Ronaldo is a prima donna - nobody can ever argue about that...

But how about Chel$ki...it was very pleasant to see them lose :D. Here are Fenerbahce goals...that 2nd one by Daivid was outstanding - from 30 yds out, pretty much without an approach run...

12. luciusmagister

luciusmagister New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    7th Heaven
    Doubly sweet for me because Zico is one of my favorite Brazilian players and I enjoy seeing him do well as a manager. Any Chelsea loss is always a joy.

13. CCSC_STRIKER20

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Daivid's goal was absolutely astounding, when Tommy Smyth giving the recap he almost shit himself.

14. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Which one- the one for Chelski or Fener? ;)

The own goal was tucked away nicely! :D

15. CCSC_STRIKER20

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ba-Zing!

Anyways, I am excited for tomorrow, first MLS thursday we got two rivalry matches setup on ESPN 2 HD (which I will be enjoying at my friends house). First it's my newly chosen MLS team the Chicago Fire v. the NE "we can't win a MLS cup" Revolution. Next, it's the SJ Earthquakes v. the LA Gal Pals

16. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    as we sing in DC --- "Piss on the Fire" and no-neck Blanco, but I like Frank Yallop and truly hate the LaLaGals so go Quakes

17. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    It's funny though, that the second Fenerbahce goal - while absolutely outstanding - has taken all of the attention away from the first Fener goal. Yes, the second was more impressive but that is really saying something because Colin Kazim-Richard's goal, as well as the pass that led to it, was also magnificent.

A little trivia btw, though most probably know it already: Kazim is British but a naturalised Turkish citizen and has one full Turkish in'tl cap. He started off at Bury (alongside David Nugent - Bury must really have needed the money to sell both of them), moved around a bit and has had quite an eventful career for a 21 year old. His Turkish name (or name on the back of his jersey, not sure if they are one and the same) is Kazim Kazim which deserves all the :D's in the world, although apparently Kazim was only meant to be his middle name as opposed to surname but due to an error in the birth certificate department, he was given the hyphonated 'Kazim-Richards'.

18. Bobinhood

Bobinhood Member

Apr 22, 2005
    Toronto
    Hey CC ...Chicago? Da Fire? You should consider Toronto if you are jumping on bandwagons, we have great fans big tailgate good atmosphere and hot chick fans who made a calendar. 3000 fands went to columbus for the opener. :) MLS we are talking here.

And LB.....Be afraid. Be very afraid. We just signed Laurent Robert. I can see you shaking in your boots down the Beltway right now :D:D The Great Low-Ron Row-Bear.

Fan sites all agog. felt it was my duty to remind them that the guys a legendary, perhaps the ultimate underachiever whose now 32 and couldnt get a game at derby. Mind you, we are kind of used to starting under 20 Canadian kids from the development squad, so maybe this will still be a step up. Chances of him actually breaking a sweat.........hmmmm.

Hmmmm.

19. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Just imagining Lauren yelling in a French accent "keeck it to me, keeeck it to me", because he's not going to run for the ball ;)

20. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you are watching on TV you may see me and MiniLB in the first row singing on Saturday -- Right in front of the Screaming Eagles sign

21. Ghostface

Ghostface New Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Detroit, MI
    If it's any consolation, I think I might hop onto the TFC bandwagon (does that even exist?). The new fans seem to be some of the best in MLS, I've got plenty of family up there, and I could definitely make it to the occasional game (About a 4 hour drive, I could make a weekend out of it, not to mention It's only 19 to drink :D). Can't say I know much else about them though other than them having Edu, but hey I'm just getting into it.

22. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maurice Edu is one bad mother-shut'cho-mouth.

Just letting you all know that there's plenty of room aboard the Goats' bandwagon. ;)

23. Bobinhood

Bobinhood Member

Apr 22, 2005
    Toronto
    The TFC bandwagon not only exists, its got Mag wheels and a Beer Fridge. All Aboard. Please check your fear of losing at the door, however. :D

LB, i will look for you. Front row...nice.

And El-Cap..."keek it to me"...Laughed out loud. My exact fear. The rep police have a restraining order on me, have to appeal to others to Rep this Man! Too funny.

24. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I wasn't a DC United fan the likely team I'd support would be TFC. Good fans and a great facilty.

For AndSome, in an LA derby I am a Goats fan but the connection to the big club would stop me -- nativism and racism in any guise I can not support.

25. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    That's 500 posts. Death and rebirth. Hopefully not as a toad.