Everyone Else But Us (Other Teams Thread 3) [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Twenty26Six, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here 'tis...

2. Grinners89

Grinners89 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Ill start...for some reason, i want the scum on the other side of Mersey to beat the scum who have cash dropping out of every pocket and orifice theyve got. In other words, i want Everton to beat Chelski

3. CCSC_STRIKER20

CCSC_STRIKER20 New Member

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That makes sense.

I know that my sensing of rivalries may be different because of my age (when I started supporting was 10-15+ years later than some of you, I started in 1998). But I group Man United with Chelsea, two teams I absolutely despise and even when they have talented players it's hard for me to appreciate their work for club or country.

I group Arsenal and Everton together. Two teams that I like to compete against, and I love to beat. The games against Arsenal and Everton are usually a lot more fun to watch.

4. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I dont know if you guys knew this but going into the last round of the A-League the top four teams were all on the same points, with only goal difference seperating them.

For what happened- I couldnt be bothered typing out again- just read this.....

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/blog.php?b=202

5. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    [INSUFFERABLE_PEDANT]Tranmere aren't playing Chelsea, Everton are[/INSUFFERABLE_PEDANT]

From above.

That aside, I also want Everton to win. And not because they're playing Chelsea, but for their own sake. Everton - Spurs would be a much better final than Spurs - Chelsea.

6. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you beat me to it, would have been accurate to state "from across the park":D I too think a Spurs/Bitters game would be a better game and better for the game.

7. CCSC_STRIKER20

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    South Africa 1-1 Angola
    Man United bound Manucho scored one

Tunisia 2-2 Senegal
    Kamara scored one for Senegal

8. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Eh....Chelsea on to CC final....pretty predictable.

Don't think Spurs are going to beat them either......ugh...

9. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Actually, I should not be so certain. Spurs have King back and playing and will not be the defensive push-overs that they have been in the recent past. A contrast of styles.

10. CCSC_STRIKER20

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eddie Johnson, USA International, signed for Fulham today. Unfortunately he signed with a team that is probably going to be relegated.

In other transfer rulings, Bianchi has completed his loan switch to Lazio and Boro still have a chances at Alfonso Alves.

11. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Speaking of talented American players, Altidore should make a move to Europe even though he's only 18.

12. CCSC_STRIKER20

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amen!

13. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd have him play one more year Stateside. He will feature with our Olympic team this summer and be in the shop window for either this summer transfer or next January. He would be a very good addition to any English side -- big, strong, quick, with good ball skills, He is much better than Johnson. I just think for his development he'll play more in MLS than he would right now in Europe.

14. Gandalf The Red

Gandalf The Red BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 23, 2006
    Johnson is fast but lazy he wont last in england if he doesnt change his attitude.

the best mls player imho isnt even an american, he's Canadien, thats Dwayne Derosario, I would like to see him try and make it over here, but hes got comfy slippers at Houston

15. CCSC_STRIKER20

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very true. He has a piss poor attitude as well. He used to be America's hot commodity when he had a massive scoring record in WCQ, but he dramatically fell off. Injuries, poor form, and poor attitude have all been apart. Hopefully he gets better, because right now the USA team doesn't have a real, quality striker.

16. Gandalf The Red

Sep 23, 2006
    Twellman is a good lad (owen type striker) but hes gonna be a little bitch with everyone as he wasnt allowed to quadruple his salary at Preston NE

17. CCSC_STRIKER20

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again, correct.

You know quite a bit about the USMNT I am impressed. I like supporting the USMNT, but I stay away from the USMNT BigSoccer Forum, mainly because there are some idiots over there. Also there are a couple of players that bug me because of their attitudes (Twellman, Johnson), they think they are much better than they actually are.

18. Gandalf The Red

Sep 23, 2006
    I have bought an mls eseason ticket for the last 2 years.

A few things I have observed, The Revs play an effective english style game, Washington play the best football but always run out of steam, Houston are the best Team but they dont play as sexy as DC united.

If all the fans in the League were like Torontos and DC Uniteds plus maybe houstons, the cap would be double by now and the game twice as big.

columbus, Colorado, kansas, New england Have too few die Hards and too many passive fans

The Revs r my team but i will be paying a look at the crew this season as they picked a big black lad from liverpool in the draft, Andy Iro

19. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Imagine that. Someone from _another part of the world_ knowing something about a soccer club.

Double standard?

20. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good synopsis

21. CCSC_STRIKER20

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wasn't saying it in a bad way or anything. Most people in Europe couldn't give two shits about American international or club soccer, that's all I am saying.

22. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wasn't teasing you... :)

23. Ghostface

Ghostface New Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Detroit, MI
    Benjani to City, Defoe to Portsmouth, I don't see any reasoning behind it for Portsmouth. Up there with the likes of Torres and Adebayor in league goals and a clear fan favorite and you let him go to a club that you will probably be fighting for a UEFA cup spot with? and for only 8 million was it? Am I missing something?

24. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know, maybe he was unsettled. But, it does seem like a stupid move.

25. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    The transfer fell through because Man City did not submit the required documents in time. Portsmouth were prepared to sell because he is 29 years old and they were offered double what they payed for him. In addition they would be replacing him with an arguably more talented striker who is only 25 years old and also English.