"Every Day is Yaya's Birthday": The Other Teams thread [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by inswinger, May 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Such a shame for Atleti. Physical problems take their toll. LPB weren't better, just luckier with the injuries.
    Such an unfair and bloated scoreline, completely unrelated to what happened on the pitch.

meringues, MadridOzil and Eddie repped this.
  2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ronaldo manages to leave his mark on the game ... thinks he is in a muscle building competition :ROFLMAO:

puyol repped this.
  3. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yep. Ran out of gas in the end. Heart breaking end.

4. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Well, that was close for Atletico.

Hats off to both of them: this Atletico deserves all the praise, and hopefully they manage to keep a high level in the future as well.

As for LPB, deserved title. I guess they had to win it before they can fail to defend it, but yeah, congrats. :coffee:

RMSocrates repped this.
  5. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If even Chelsea can win a CL after making so many SFs, so can Madrid :ROFLMAO:

6. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    what? tell me how many chances atletico had? NONE. goal from nothing. :) why everybody should be such haters?

7. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Updating a previous post...

LPB
    32 Ligas
    9 10 Champions
    Yet they've only won the 'Doblete' TWICE: 1956-57 and 1957-58.
    So odds are no LPB fanboy on BS has ever been able to enjoy the satisfaction of watching their team be successful in the two biggest tournaments in a single season.

Any Culé who remembers watching Henrik Larsson wearing the Blaugrana has celebrated THREE dobletes. :cool:
    And if you're ancient like me, you've enjoyed all FOUR. :)
    Because only the truly great squads are able to concentrate on the Liga marathon and Champions sprint at the same time. :thumbsup:

8. JayBoy

JayBoy Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Lewisham, S. London
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Atleti were exhausted. In the end their legs beat them. the better team lost imo.

MavadoDribblez, jfcule and unclesox repped this.
  9. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    I won't go as far as saying the better team lost, but one thing's for sure, the score doesn't reflect how the game really went though.

jfcule repped this.
  10. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Gotta guard them posts on corners. Especially when you're winning in stoppage time.

MadridOzil repped this.
  11. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    [​IMG]

12. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  13. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Casillas should give Ramos a BJ.

14. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Atletico led for 93 minutes. Had the ref not give 5 minutes and had Cholo not started Costa (and wasted that sub) you would be crying right now.
    Now ******** off and go to your forum and celebrate.

Typical LPB fan, can't enjoy your own highs without trying to convince everyone else that they're the shit.

puyol and unclesox repped this.
  15. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    He'll simply vote for him for the Ballon d'Or like he did a couple of years ago.

16. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    what? atletico had amazing season, Simeone did just amazing job. but hatters gonna hate i guess. enjoy your Spanish super cup.

17. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Thanks! we did!

18. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do think LPB played better over the first 90 mins; but I also think injuries and Atletico's gassed-ness had everything to do with that.

I can't figure out where 5 minutes of stoppage came from.

I was going to be uncomfortable no matter who won. I didn't want LPB to win, by any means. But I had a tough time rooting for Atletico after the disgusting shit their fans have done this season.

Unsurprising that Varane has turned out to be a bag full of dicks as a human being.

puyol repped this.
  19. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Which is why you're here. :rolleyes:

MavadoDribblez repped this.
  20. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    Real really started playing towards the 75th minute, but till they equalized, i don't remember them creating any occasion from open play that forced a save from courtois either.

21. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    They started to create good chances when Atletico tired out and started defending deep. Before that Real only had speculative crosses and that one Bale chance from a Thiago mistake in the first half. Simeone's plan is to go balls out for as long as possible and then hope when his team runs out of gas, the other team runs out too and is so frustrated with the game that they can't put plays together. Without Costa and Turan, when they started defending deep, they had no counter. They were better in the first half of the second half when they retained the ball in Real's half.

It almost worked out for Simeone but obviously he had to ride some luck.

inswinger repped this.
  22. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    antletico lost because they played like chelsea... you cannot defend a 1-0 lead... 3-0 yes even 2-0.. but 1-0 NO... the more you defend the more pressure adds up

it was a matter of time before madrid won

MadridOzil repped this.
  23. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    I don't think Atletico had much of a choice than to play like they did. As the above poster said, their two best attacking players were out injured. If you look at the team as a whole, they are mostly just mediocre players, albeit hardworking while playing under Simeone.

24. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    true Simoune had no choice But, they could have contained madrid and controlled the game, ask david villa to come to midfield... instead they left everything to the defenders, its no surprise that the back 4 for ATL got yellow cards

25. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    i don't know what game you watched, but it was the whole team that was defending collectively. And also almost all of Athli players (except the GK) picked up a yellow card