Everton v Sunderland. (R)

Discussion in 'Everton' started by spider_kin, Apr 9, 2012.

1. spider_kin

spider_kin Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 8, 1999
    Iowa
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    holy c-wow!

What a score line :) I was at work so only caught a few mins here and there of the game (missed all goals :rolleyes: of course), but mcfadden, gibbo and ossie all seemed to bring some fight and energy to the game. on replay, magaye Gueye's goal was just great... love seeing the follow up on a rebound! peanuts' was absolute class. Ossie... well <3 him true blue and Big Vic, continuing his case of rehabilitated-former-diva-deserves-to-get-another-chance-giving-it-all-he's-got....

Saturday is sure to be a fire cracker of a game!

Heard the ref is someone crap though... what bollocks is the FA up to again! *sigh*

COYB!!!!

2. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The first hour or so of the match was a bit dull. But it sure did liven up nicely once Gueye scored.

The only player who had an off-game was Stracqualursi, who put in a lot of effort but didn't have much to show for it.

I was a bit concerned with Neville starting at left back, but he ended up doing a fine job defensively. We certainly did miss Baines, though, from an attacking point of view.

McFadden seemed a bit rusty at the beginning and made several bad passes, but his play improved during the game and I was pretty impressed with his overall performance.

All of the midfielders played exceptionally well. Though Pienaar played the best of the bunch, I think Gueye earned himself Man of the Match honors for his solid game and scoring his first Premier League goal.

3. MrPerfectNot

MrPerfectNot Member+

Jul 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow - I was travelling and didn't get to see it or really stay updated on results - and then checked it later! COYB!

4. spider_kin

spider_kin Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 8, 1999
    Iowa
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I just hope that this is repeated on Saturday!!!

5. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's hope so.

But I'm a bit worried -- I remember us crushing Liverpool about six years ago in a league match, and we beat them last season, as I recall. And of course, the Goose led us to victory over them in the FA Cup a few years ago.

But other than that, it seems as though we haven't been too successful against them in over a decade.

Compared to the other "big" clubs, it seems as though we play much poorer against Liverpool than club form would otherwise suggest.

Perhaps the Toffees have a mental block, so to speak, against the Red Shiite.