Everton v Sunderland, 17 Mar (FA Cup) [R]

Discussion in 'Everton' started by MrPerfectNot, Mar 17, 2012.

1. MrPerfectNot

MrPerfectNot Member+

Jul 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure I'll be able to watch this one - it is springtime in the Rockies and it looks like we're headed up skiing today...

EFC XI (to face Sunderland): Howard, Baines, Heitinga, Distin, Drenthe, Jelavic, Cahill, Neville, Osman, Coleman, Fellaini.
    Subs: Hahnemann, Hibbert, Jagielka, Stracqualursi, McFadden, Gueye, Anichebe

Sunderland XI: Mignolet, Bardsley, Bridge, Turner, Larsson, Gardner, Campbell, Colback, O'Shea, McClean, Bendtner.
    Subs: Gordon, Wickham, Vaughan, Meyler, Kilgallon, Kyrgiakos, Elmohamady.

Couple of thoughts:
    - hope Drenthe brought his touch with him today,
    - Fellaini looked pretty comfortable with the ball against 'pool, be nice to see the same again today

2. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I only watched some of the match, but it definitely seemed to me that Everton outplayed Sunderland from about the 15-minute mark onward.

Drenthe was his usual self, a more dangerous attacking threat than most of our players, but definitely a liability defensively.

Tim Howard looked a bit shaky to me, and a bad pass by Howard nearly (and should of) resulted in a Sunderland goal.

i thought Jelavic played quite well, especially considering that he's yet to fully mesh in with his fellow players.

3. MrPerfectNot

MrPerfectNot Member+

Jul 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oy - did anyone else see this? Rocket, thanks for the input, but as of now(Monday, 915am US MDT), 31 people have viewed this and no one has anything else to contribute????? I didn't get to see it and would like to see some people's reactions? But just 1 reaction?

Pathetic.....

4. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fox Soccer Channel is showing a rerun of the match at 1pm Eastern this Wednesday, March 21st.

I'm going to try and watch the whole match this time around.

The first half of the game was high-energy and is well worth watching. Classic cup tie stuff.

I didn't watch all of the second half, but the intensity level had dropped off a bit, though it still seemed fairly watchable from the snippets I saw live.

5. spider_kin

spider_kin Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 8, 1999
    Iowa
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It feels like typical Everton. Play well but can't finish. We needed and still need to win. We should have done it at home. Was fun fast paced to watch other than that, no real opinion. this season is leaving me very apathetic.... Constant numbing blah. We can and should do better but we aren't. One game, yeah you can talk about it but after this many it's so redundant no one can be bothered any more.

There really is nothing else to say that hasn't already been said. We need money we need players we need current players to step up etc etc etc

One note Drenthe needs slapping for his little hissy fIt near the end when he felt he was fouled and just didn't bother to get up and help nev defend. He was doing so well up til then too