Everton USA tour?

Discussion in 'Everton' started by Stephen1164, Apr 20, 2006.

1. CobrasCiudadJuarez

Jul 16, 2003
    El Paso

Yeah, but since I have family in Dallas, I decided to make a vacation out of it and stay the whole week.

2. Big_Bad_Mcnabb

Big_Bad_Mcnabb New Member

Sep 25, 2005
    Out of curioscity(spl) will any of you guys and gals be singing any everton chants while in dallas and columbus?

Just asking as i dont really know id fans sing during american sports.

3. mischaDCU

mischaDCU New Member

Mar 26, 2001
    Columbia, MD
    In general, we don't, but hardcore soccer fans do (see Barra Brava and Screaming Eagles for DC United, and other similarly rabid supporter groups around the league).

I can't make either of these games, so I won't be singing...but alas I don't know any of the songs anyway! I have attended only one Everton match (2001 Goodison derby) but the only thing I remember hearing (other than the amusing anti-Big Dunc chant I heard a Liverpool fan yell...) was "Everton, Everton, Everton" sung to something that I believe was rather similar to "Be kind to your fine-feathered friends" (whatever that tune really is...)

Where do you find/learn these chants?

4. chifirefan

chifirefan Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Chicago

Abso-fing-lutely we'll be singing!!! There will be enough Everton fans at both stadiums that it will seem like Everton home games. :D

As for regular MLS footy games...the Chicago Fire's "Section 8" sing, chant, wave flags, etc the whole game.

5. chifirefan

chifirefan Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Chicago
    Ahh, gotcha. That's great! Are you bringing them to the game?

6. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got my tickets...section 104. Looking forward to seeing Pizza Hut Park in person for the first time.

You FC Dallas supporters won't be too upset if I root for the Rapids in the first match will ya? :D

Anyone coming down here for the FC Barcelona vs. Club America match in Reliant on August 9th?

Also don't forget that Everton's match against the Columbus Crew will be nationally televised on ESPN 2. I think it's a 6pm CST start time but check your listings to be sure.

7. CobrasCiudadJuarez

Jul 16, 2003
    El Paso

Yeah, I'll be bringing my cousin along.

Which game is going to be the game of the week on the 29th?

8. SoftTackle

SoftTackle Member

Jan 16, 2004
    Missoula, MT
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Anybody know when Everton will arrive in Dallas? I'd like to catch a Thursday or Friday training session if it's open to the public.

9. bford

bford Member

Houston Dynamo, Everton, USMNT
    Nov 30, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm ordering my tickets today.. and since we have already had a week and a half vacation to Florida, my 8 year old son and I will be sitting in the cheap seats somewhere...

hopefully there will be Everton swag to buy while we are there. When they came to Houston in 2004 there was nothing Everton for sale in the whole stadium... it was a big bummer...

Thanks for the tip on the espn 2 game.. it's Wednesday 6pm central time and my DVR is already set!

COYB's!

rock

bford

10. Big_Bad_Mcnabb

Big_Bad_Mcnabb New Member

Sep 25, 2005
    http://www.evertonpoland.com/

pn the left panel it says download. clcik on that and then you should find some audio clips.

Most common chants to be heard at Goodison are

Everton, Everton, Everton

If you know your history

Royal blue Mersey

were forever Everton is played just before z-cars which is the tune that the players run out to.

Spirit of the Blues is played ta half time and always reminds me of status Quo for some reason.

11. mischaDCU

mischaDCU New Member

Mar 26, 2001
    Columbia, MD
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Big_Bad_Mcnabb again.

Thanks, Mcnabb! ;)

12. texas arsenal

texas arsenal New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Frisco Tx
    We went to the match against Club America I thought Everton looked to be the better side. We also made it out to training last night and the team was very nice and accomadating. Here are our pics.

http://mrstexasarsenal.shutterfly.com/action/

Ive never been a big Everton fan in the past. I rooted for them as the underdog in certain matches but I'll be pulling for these guys this season.

13. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So does that mean you'll be replacing Arsenal with Everton as the favorite team in your Profile? :)

14. MightyMouse

MightyMouse BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 19, 2003
    Island paradise east of the mainland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like fun, I wonder how they felt in America being fourth fiddle to Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Chelsea. The turn out for Everton has been small compared to what these other teams will be getting. Maybe they are enjoying it as sometimes less is more?