Ever wonder why no Crew personnel post here?

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Chris_Bailey, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    They're too busy helping out the enemy on the other board:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74242&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

Gee, wouldn't it be nice if the management could schedule a few road trips or something for us? Good to see their enegy well spent on the fans they should worry about..

Seeems every other team on this board has some sort of contact with management, meanwhile we sit here wondering if the Buck-A-Brauts are really worth a dollar..

P.S.- Check the last page to see some chump is a pro rock,paper,scissors player...yeah..you read me right.

2. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    You know this not to be the case. We are constantly in contact with our front office, does it matter that it happens behind the scenes? There's no need to slag off on people because we don't ALWAYS get what we want. Chris you know this not to be the case stop moaning.

3. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Have the Crew ever arranged a road trip this season for fans to go to away games?

Is the Huntington Club open to all supporters?

Have they finally stopped selling family tickets in 137?

These are just a few things off the top of my head that would help CREW fans, but if you can answer yes to one of them, I'll rest my case.

4. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Nope, and neither have any other team, Chicago have road trips organized by Fado's or the Ultras, and Brandon hasn't organized anything other than the same thing that Chicago did for us, they've posted a contact point and what section the tickets are available, seems reasonable to me.

Huntington Club is open to all supporters for certain events such as the Confederations Cup, US int'l matches, and could potentially be open for all away matches next season. Name one team in the world that lets supporters into it's club level corporate banquet place, there's not a team in the entire world that does that.

You want families not to be put in 137, ok fair enough, but if you were Crew would you eat 150 tickets a match that could be sold to other people just to satisfy supporters? I don't think I'm alone in saying that families by and large have been moved out of 137. This past weekend was the annual boyscout night, as we all know in past years they've been all around us. Well this year Crew managed to move them, I didn't notice any boyscouts in 137, or 136 or 138 for that matter. So you see maybe it has been sorted out? At least as best it can. Bottom line you can't expect Crew to eat tickets.

Trust me, there are things going on, very positive things mind you, not all of them are as public as you would like, that's fair, but take it for what it's worth things are improving.

5. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    The two major trips last season - one to D.C. and one to Chicago - were organized by fans, not the team.

6. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Charleston.

Now you say families are pretty much removed from 137, mostly because the fans themselves are starting to get it (I'd imagine). Good to hear.

My gripe isn't specifically aimed at Brandon and what he's doing, but team(s) (Chicago) DO provide their own busses for some away games. I remember they've done it for a USOC game or two, and I believe one to Columbus as well. It's not just Fado or the Poles setting up these trips.

7. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    damn skippy...

8. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    In all fairness we've never officially asked them to do this, it was kicked around, but we've never officially came to them and said, ok we want Chicago this date, and DC this date. The reason behind that is because we can do this. Typically we've only asked Crew for things that were mostly out of our hands. And to be honest the interest just isn't there, we have loads of "internet commandos" that talk about going on the road and then they never do. And I'm not trying to call anyone out with that last statement, however, when you have a finite number of resources that Crew are willing to use for our benefit, it's foolish to ask to charter a bus that will ultimately only carry thirty people.

9. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's not just another pretty face.

10. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    Bailey! You been drinkin? All he's doing is selling tickets in the Fire section to Fire fans. Seems to me that's what his job is...

11. gibby

gibby New Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ohio, USA.
    Brandon, if you can read this, you still haven't gotten back to me. Not so quick to respond when I don't have complimentary things to say, eh? Tell the stadium rent-a-cops to keep up the good work. Hey Brandon, gonna block off a section for Sam's Army when qualifying rolls in to town?;)

Sorry, rant over. Carry on.

12. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was done for the USA - Mexico game in 2001, the USA - Paraguay game this summer, and I believe the USA - CR game in 2000.

It more than certainly will be done for every USA Men's game in 2004.

13. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    the man is doing his job. Leave him alone.

14. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I nominate this assclown for Jerk of the Week.

Apparently, your Mom wouldn't let you stay out that late during the last quallie cycle, or you'd know that Sam's Army has always been accomodated by Crew Stadium management.

Of course, they deal with responsible adults like Sam Pierron, not mongoloid fools like you.

Just because I collect childish ramblings as a hobby, I checked your bigmouth posting (over on the "Women's SOccer Fans" Forum)

I'm upset w/ all the false promises that Crew Stadium's director made me, I'll be emailing him shortly, perhaps I'll attach this thread link for him to read...

For the record, Brandon is not the "Crew Stadium Director". There is no such person, and Brandon is a ticket sales account manager.

I don't know what these "false promises" would have been, and don't give a fat rat's ass. What I do know, again, is that responsible Sam's Army representatives are always responded to, and the Crew has a fine relationship with them. They get their own tickets and handle sales themselves.

Maybe when you're old enough, you can party with them and the Crew supporters groups in the lot.

What's sad is that they checked bags and swept you w/ a metal detector, but I could've had streamers in my pocket and they never would have known. There's consistency for ya.

I'm confused. You seem to be suggesting that, in the future, all patrons be strip-searched.

FYI, idiot, the metal detector is a way to detect weapons. It doesn't detect balloons. If it did, it would be called a "Balloon Detector"

I had the bags of balloons in my pockets but it wasn't even worth bothering blowing them up during the match.

I know. Those women's games are such a bore.

When Columbus hosts it's big qualifier in the Hex, and you know we will get one, we're going to be planning for weeks ahead of time, rest assured,

Really? Gosh all hemlocks, Beave, that's never been done before.

and so help me I'll get a whole trash bag full of streamers in there by hook or crook.

Good. Then we can use the trashbag to stuff your body in.

SnakeEyes, we know first hand, and now others do as well, just how frustrating it is to be a supporter here in the states.

You went to a WOMEN"S GAME, dimwit. You expected all those nine year olds to be dancing and puking in the aisles? Get serious.

And you seem to be saying that the problem was that the game was in America. I guess you think that a couple women's teams are a BIG DRAW in Europe, with hoolie riots and smoke bombs. You're delusional. Nobody over there gives a crap. They wouldn't draw 5,000 people for that garbage.

You really are just ignorant, aren't you?

Crew Stadium will never be the same.

Sorry you missed US/Mex on 2/28/01. Maybe fidlerre or somebody can give you a url for that CHill video.

You'd be lucky to EQUAL that atmosphere. As anybody who was there will tell you.

Sorry you missed it, tool. Now go away and stop bothering the grownups.

15. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    did anyone set off fire works in the North Korean hotel? Oh yeah it was a womans world cup match, nevermind.

16. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    hell no, this ass-clown doesn't deserve to view it...

one of the best nights of my life was spent in that stadium on february 28th. what an atmosphere. surreal i would say...

17. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me too. Nobody who was there will ever forget it.

Somebody called it "The Woodstock of American soccer"

As for Chris' question at the beginning, the answer is:

Because of mutations like gibby.

18. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha!!! I've been dreaming about buying and using the 60,000 roll of fireworks ever since the last World Cup!! You light it, run, and 15 minutes later the cops show up while its still igniting!

I remember some asshat at the Mexi game that tried talking sh!t to me. He was upset because I used one of Bailey's (maybe it was OGHT's) banner ideas that said "Mexico -- Break a leg". We went ahead and put a yellow jersey with the number '13' on it as well. He could not comprehend how that could be an anti-Mexican banner. I now wonder if Gibby was that clown.

19. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    Zak....Company Man.

20. gibby

gibby New Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ohio, USA.
    Sorry.

Look, I know all about 2/28/01 and the Cypress Hill video, I was at the Paraguay friendly in July, etc.

The comment about Sam's Army in qualifying was sarcasm, that's all. I just wondered what the point of Sam's Army order forms was if the seats were spread out all over the stadium.

I know Brandon isn't the one to blame, I was out of line doing that, I was just frustrated. I had never gone to women's game before, and I'll probably never go to one again, I should've known it was going to be Mickey Mouse atmosphere and expecting differently was wrong I now see. I didn't mean to start anything.

I'm sure you're all looking forward to qualifying as much as I am and hopefully all goes well when the show comes to town.

Sorry if I stepped out of line, my bad.