Even more . . . Stuff from other MLS Teams

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by SoccerPrime, Mar 30, 2014.

1. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    Watched the first half.

Seattle went and found another total douche in Pineda. Don't they have enough on their team already?

2. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chara had two very nice goals. The thing I didn't understand is why the ref let them both use dark uniforms. The dark green and black was two close to each other, in my opinion.

RSLer repped this.
  3. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anybody watch the Colorado highlights? José Mari had an absolute bomb of a goal. Hit it off the bounce and bent it far post. Thing was a beauty. That's the goal of the week for me.

JasonMa and RSLer repped this.
  4. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They've been doing a lot of that lately. I wonder if the person in charge of what uniforms to wear is color blind or if I am.

15 to 32 repped this.
  5. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watching the Por vs Sea game left me with a few impressions, mainly that neither of those teams right now is a top-5 team in this league. There were soooooo many bad giveaways in that game it was comical and the defending on every goal was straight up clown college crap. Exciting and fun to watch for sure, but I was not impressed with either team.

15 to 32, jessyca and SenordrummeR2 repped this.
  6. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The announcer basically said the same thing on Chara's second goal. Something to the effect of, "they're going to give him that much space again? Didn't they learn on the first goal?"

7. wrennywren

wrennywren Member

Jul 15, 2004
    San Antonio TX
    Atlanta getting an expansion team. Kinda surprised by that.

8. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not surprised at all. MLS really wants to establish itself in the Southeast. Atlanta is key to the Southeast. Its the largest city. Its draw is regional. People from all over the South travel to Atlanta to attend sporting events. The MLS team in Atlanta will draw soccer enthusiasts and viewership from Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina and North Carolina.

9. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed, the southeast has had a huge gaping hole in terms of MLS through the league's entire existence. The Florida teams have always been seen as kind of separate from the actual meat of the southeast US, mainly the Carolina's and Georgia both of which are hotbeds for soccer believe it or not (especially the Carolina's). I think sticking a team in Atlanta is smart, even in a place like Charlotte would have been good as well. Atlanta is a huge market, as well, with the busiest airport in the US (for what it's worth). They've had success with the Silverbacks there, hopefully they are successful with MLS.

10. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    I'm skeptical of Atlanta being a strong market for an MLS team. The owners may turn out to be like the Krafts.

I hope it works out though.

15 to 32 repped this.
  11. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't believe it. The rumor is Arthur Blank, owner of the Atlanta Falcons, is getting the franchise and will locate them in the new NFL stadium being build. That is contrary to several successful trends in MLS expansion: 1) elevate a lower division team with established foundation of fan support and 2) soccer specific stadiums. If one of those was not part of this rumor, then it would have a chance (see Portland and Seattle's elevation). But, not if both are contrary.

12. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the ownership emulates the Krafts, then its not going to be a giant step backwards for the league. I have to think that the Don and company did their due diligence in that regard. Atlanta presents all sorts of opportunities for the league...I hope they don't botch it.

13. nfc1432

nfc1432 Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Has Colorado scored from "normal" conditions yet (normal = non pk with opponent at full strength)? 4 from pks + 1 from a pk rebound (?), now two more only after a red card. Relying quite a bit on MLS refs for their points.

14. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's harsh on the two (ridiculous) goals they scored in Vancouver.
    Until that game I was critical of the non-pk thing. But the 2 goals that Jose Mari put in were absolutely fantastic. I was really happy to see the ref dish out the red, too. That bullshit of grabbing the ball to get a call needs to go. It shouldn't always be a yellow. But to do it in your own half is dangerous.

RSLer, JasonMa and SenordrummeR2 repped this.
  15. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Look at how awesome RSL did after SKC got the red card. Pretty lopsided and unfair, huh?

15 to 32 repped this.
  16. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, but if you're arguing that at least 3 of those PK goals (2 direct and the 1 rebound) weren't stone-cold PK's earned by good attacking play then I'm not sure what to tell you. Its not our fault that they weren't allowed to play through to conclusion and were interrupted by a foul.

17. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nobody knows what the hell the first one against KC was for though.
    Don't act like you do

18. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, I know what it was for, hand ball. Though I think the ref was screened from the KC player kicking his shin into Watts' boot and the fact that he was going down in pain. Probably shouldn't have been called.

The one in NY on Olave was somewhat weak as well, but more legitimate than the one against KC. Plus it was Olave so I have a hard time caring that it was weak, its not hard to find him committing a PK offense against Colorado that wasn't called in the past. :D

19. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you mean when your now head coach ran into Olave and hurt himself?
    yeah. totally pk material...

20. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, that one was fairly clean.

21. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    #71 rslfanboy, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    Watch out. Jasonma has a nearly photographic and encyclopaedic memory of all things RMC. It would be fun for Ismitje and he to get into a "recollection of mls events" fight. They bring up minor things from over a decade ago that happened.

Amazing, really.

Ismitje, d1ddy, JasonMa and 1 other person repped this.
  22. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Stalker Hotline, you can call me Jimmy, tell me about your obsession..."

23. Aero

Aero Member

Feb 7, 2005
    SLC, Ut
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The question becomes would he have had as much space as he did if they would have had another player on the field? Maybe. You just don't know. It may have also had a psychological affect on them. Those were good shots, but you can't say they would have happened if the red card hadn't happened. Fortunately for the Crapids, it did and the guy made two fantastic shots. They certainly have benefited from reffing decisions this year, that's for sure. Karma is a bitch though.

24. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fixed it. Sorry for the confusion.

25. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    maybe Garcia can be offsides in the 95th minute this year.
    I really loved that Espy goal.

d1ddy, rslfanboy and Aero repped this.