European Powerhouse club + their fans Question

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Catfish, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Out of Man Utd, Juve, Ajax, Real Madrid, and Bayern Munich, and Rangers...which do you detest the most and why? Please include in reason their fans. Some clubs have more and worse gloryhunters than others.

Thanks.

2. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Juventes because I hate Italy.

3. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juventus because I hate Italian soccer.

4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    yeah correction by Italy I meant Italian soccer. I have nothing against the country and the people just the football.

5. brassmonkey

brassmonkey Member

Oct 10, 2003
    Im going to have to go with two here. I hate Man United because of thier fans in the U.S. When your basic loser in this country picks a football club, they automatically go for United, without finding out anything about the club, or any other club in the world. They use this as a way to feel exotic. They think they are trendy or cool because they like something european. It makes me sick. I dislike Real Madrid because they arent a club, they are a straight up corporation. I do like thier players however(how can you not? Zidane, Ronaldo, even Beckham). I dont dislike Juve, but I dislike Italy, and Italians, so that prevents me from getting into that club. Ajax isnt one of my favorites, just because I like PSV(I'm the only one here). Rangers is one of my favorite clubs, because my great grandfather was from Glasgow, and I prefer them to Celtic(not a real Scottish team, more Irish. If I want an Irish team, i'll go for one from Ireland). Also, Rangers don't have a lot of glory hunters outside the U.K. If some dimwit here want's to follow a Scottish team, they always go with Celtic. I like Bayern because I like all the German teams

6. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    For me it would have to be bayern and mufc.

Ajax has it's share of gloryhunters unfortunately. But no 'big' club can escape them. Too bad Ajax embraced them. But it seems they're learning slowly but surely.

7. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    the team i hate the most is as roma - crackpot owner, fraudulent dealings, obnoxious fans that generally overrate the side quite a bit... oh and they signed chivu away, etc.

it's not called gloryhunting when they decide to follow AJAX... it's called taste

8. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    Used to be ManU but they more or less won my respect over the years.

I would have to say Real Madrid. I hate everything about them, eventhough Zidane is one of my favorites.

Now that Beckham is there... great news ! Now I detest them more !!!

9. BlackLotus

BlackLotus New Member

May 29, 2005
    i detest Man U because after Glazer bought the team, the Americans are saving the British AGAIN and they don't even appreciate it

10. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Saving??? How come this opinion isn't shared by all the Man Utd supporters....What has been saved exactly?

As for my choice, Real Madrid. They are the ultimate example of gloryhunting and bandwagoning in football. I don't think there is anything to respect about this club, as it buys their trophies and championships with all the money they spend on players that previously succeeded with another club.

Where I live, every most sawker fans sport a Ronaldo Madrid football jersey or any other Madrid jersey for that matter, the majority have no idea about any other club or the sport itself. When I ask them about Madrid in itself, they say they support it because of big name players like Carlos or Ronaldo. There is this negative effect the team has on fans where they don't really get to know any aspect of the game outside of that club or their playing style that just annoys me and makes them look quite ignorant.

Besides that, I'm not exactly a fan of the player's antics when I see them play, especially Guti, Ronaldo or Figo.....is it just me or do they throw a fit every game they play?

11. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bayern - rivals to svw, cheat, i hate them so much

Real - Jealous of their players not results :)

12. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    detest = hate?

am i right?

13. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion

*rotlf*

Go tell the users on the ManUtd board. Shouldn't take more than 10 seconds to drive your reputation below zero ;-). Nevertheless...you are right. *ggg*

14. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    My least favorite would be Bayern or Chelsea.

Bayern is no need to go into, Chelsea simply because if you are looking for the ultimate gloryhunters - you got 'em. I mean, i guess it's just a coincidence that their fanbase has nearly doubled since Abramovich took over...

15. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's funny. Change some names and you can write the same response about FC Bayern Muenchen.

Of course, except for the part about player's antics. You don't have that at FC Bayern except for Kahn and he hasn't done it in quite awhile.

My responses would be Bayern, Juventus and Real. For the exact reasons "SirManchester" wrote.......

16. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

* takes gloves off and smacks computer screen
    Chelsea and Bayern in the same sentence???!!!!!

pffffffftttt!!!!

of course you are right. :) :cool:

17. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I don't really hate any big football club. I dislike Real though. And Chelsea.

I just hate ignorant, rude fans. I do hate the hubris of Chelsea fans nowadays, however.

18. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SirManchester
    Saving??? How come this opinion isn't shared by all the Man Utd supporters....What has been saved exactly?

As for my choice, Real Madrid. They are the ultimate example of gloryhunting and bandwagoning in football. I don't think there is anything to respect about this club, as it buys their trophies and championships with all the money they spend on players that previously succeeded with another club.

Where I live, every most sawker fans sport a Ronaldo Madrid football jersey or any other Madrid jersey for that matter, the majority have no idea about any other club or the sport itself. When I ask them about Madrid in itself, they say they support it because of big name players like Carlos or Ronaldo. There is this negative effect the team has on fans where they don't really get to know any aspect of the game outside of that club or their playing style that just annoys me and makes them look quite ignorant.

Besides that, I'm not exactly a fan of the player's antics when I see them play, especially Guti, Ronaldo or Figo.....is it just me or do they throw a fit every game they play?

I forgot about Chelsea. Add them right in there too.

19. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah. So many Chelsea fans just became "superior" overnight. Many of them even refuse to recognize they wouldn't have this success without Roman's millions.

Now their club is becoming the very same thing they used to cry about Man U. being and they act like it's all OK.

I have no use for those Chelsea fans. I mean, sure, you are on top, but at least admit what got you there.

They act like they just became this "great club" overnight........

20. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    you see lots of bayern fans and jerseys in texas, footyfan? :confused:

21. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

At FC Dallas matches, yes, you see a few.

Also, don't think I've lived here all my life. I've been here just over two years.

I lived the previous fifteen years in Germany. Most of it in Bavaria, a 90 minute drive from Munich.

22. LordR

LordR Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Germany
  23. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes, Chelsea comes right behind Madrid for me now....

24. keller

keller New Member

May 20, 2003
    On The Galactica
    Would have to say Man Utd and Bayern. Same reason really, both have massive glory boy support wherever they play. Though why anyone would want to follow a team from an area of Germany where leather shorts are considered cool and the rest of Germany sees as Bumpkin country (i should know about bumpkins, being a Norwich fan), and with a dialect thats inpenetrable. Even Kaiserslautern fans are cooler!!

25. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I understand why people in Germany hate Bayern but I really don't get why any football fans outside it would hate it that much. I mean, the reason why Madrid are such a hated club in my opinon is because they buy all the star players from all nations, Bayern doesn't really do that that. They like to stay within their own borders. Know what I mean?