Europa League Final: FC Porto vs Braga

Discussion in 'FC Porto' started by Chacal, May 11, 2011.

1. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Not sure but I don't think he's going out on a free. However I wouldn't expect more than 2.5M€ or something...

2. Paposeco

Paposeco Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Club:
    FC Porto

Also wish him well, wish we had picked him up but hope has a good run at Atletico and then move on to bigger and better.

3. TeSo

TeSo Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Congrats PORTO!!!

Love what this team has accomplished this year! One more title!! Come on.

Today's game was So-So, and I must say Braga played OK, and Porto was a bit under-par of their usual self. Even so I am really happy with Falcao's goal... what a beast of a player he has turned out to be.

4. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Congrats Porto, Europa League Champions!!!! :D

The game wasn't the greatest but all that it matters is that Porto won. Good defensive game by Braga. Shut us down completly.

I can't believe there are haters :D Dor de cotovelo. Since i've been born, Porto won't 2 CLs, 2 UEFA/Europa cup (don't care for toyota and UEFA Supercup) and a crap load of league titles.

Now to complete the great season, we need to win the Portugal cup.

I too found it weird that Rolando had the Cape Verde flag but he was born there so does it really matter? It was the United nations out there. Some nationalists might be offended by that but it's the nature of the beast.

5. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    since Ive been Born Sporting won

2 league titles
    4 tacas

and robbed of at least 3-4 more titles

/facepalm

oh yeah and EPIC FAIL, only 3 Portuguese players , two From Sporting CP formacao and the other celebrates with a Cape Cod Flag

6. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Good job. You also saw SCP get owned at home to some russian team in the UEFA Cup finals.

What do you care how many portuguese players were on the field anyways?

7. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    glorious day for porto! lets finish out the treble. we didn't play well, but the right team won. props to braga tho they looked dangerous on the counter at times. does any1 have a video of the celebration? i had to absolutely leave for school 87th minute, couldn't wait any longer and be on time for test. guarin's ball was beautiful tho, kinda felt like he should have stayed on he played well.

anyway,,, EUROPA LEAGUE CHAMPIONS! leave it to losers to complain of being robbed, altho i havvent actually heard anything from any braga fans, if they would have deserved it they would have won it on the field. sapunaru was borderline, but who really wants to see a red card in a game of this magnitude? if braga could have only scored vs 10, it would mean they weren't worthy! aha

8. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Boring game over all. I expected more of both teams.
    El Mudo Rodriguez wasn't game worthy and that cost Braga the game .
    I thought the Spanish ref had blue glasses on too. Silvio could have seen a red for a stupid slide scissor tackle instead of the yellow card he eventually was shown, but the Romanian player was definitely forgiven the second yellow. Mossoro' choked . :eek: in front of Helton. Hulk had a great chance, but the day belonged to the Colombians. I remember when FC Porto signed Falcao and my first thought was, damn, why didn't Sporting got him first ? It sure proved prophetic , damn. Anyway, congrats to both teams for making the final an historical mark for Portuguese clubs.

9. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Congrats! Well deserved!:)

10. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    well I care because I think our teams should play with at least 6/7 portuguese starters its better for our NT. anyways you dont have to care, not my club. my club does its part in that regard.

anyways Braga got robbed in this game. Porto had like what 1 clear shot on net and it was a goal? seriously this game was epic fail. Sapu should have got a red, Mossoro missed a easy chance and Braga could have easily won this. Super Porto looked crap today.

Go ahead and talk about russian teams, we arent Porto who get lucky playing garbage teams in finals like Monaco, Once Caldas, Celtic, Braga.:rolleyes:

it even goes for Taca de Portugal. every year Porto vs ______manense, some II division club. last season was friggin Chaves. guimaraes this season? ohh yay. 2008 Sporting, we saw what happened OWNED, even 2004 with the lampioes.

Porto is the luckiest club ive ever seen in my life. not only do they cheat and bribe refs, they are lucky as hell.

Watch next season Porto go to CL finals, and magically Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester all lose in shock upsets and they play some garbage team like shackter donetsk in the finals and win.

11. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    According to the press Benfica were the first to show interest and had him on a pre-contract, but the 21st century reputation of Porto was just too much to turn down I guess. It hurt my heart when he decided to go to Porto, based on highlight tapes I though he would be the perfect player to put beside Cardozo.

12. PortoDragons

PortoDragons Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Still super happy about this! I said at the beginning of this tourney we would win it, but it's still nice and surprising for it to be over with! haha

I wish Silvio luck at A. Madrid!

And Pacienca well at Sporting, but I think Sporting's problems are up top. Bento is an excellent coach and failed at Sporting. I hope for Sporting's sake that it's not the same with Pacienca

13. FCPorto_Dragao

Jun 15, 2005
    E DUBs
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    1. You're having a laugh. Football is an international game nowadays, meatball. Besides, does the FPF pay their player's wages? No? So ********em! My club has given me many more glories than my national team ever could. I love my country, but the cronies at the top can piss off if they propose something as dumb as you did. You don't think Portuguese teams would love to keep their Portuguese players? Newsflash! We can't...they're too expensive and go off looking for bigger contracts, so don't blame Porto...and don't spout off about the national team and come on with comments like 'viva espana' a few weeks back. And don't get pissed that the only glories your club can give you are 3rd place and 36 points in our rear view so as a result, we need to provide players for the national team so you can be happy in the midst of your rubbish club and their management.

2. The only epic fail that happened today was for lampioes and lagartos who were praying that Porto would lose, but we didn't. It must have hurt you to no end to see Helton hoist the trophy today...the same trophy you saw in that massive tiled washroom at the Alvalade hoisted by Abramovich's 'Z' team.

3. If this was a Jeopardy clue: Monaco, Once Caldas, Celtic, Braga ...the answer would be, WHAT ARE CLUBS THAT WOULD GIVE SPORTING "EPIC BUTT HURT" IN A EUROPEAN FINAL. You've got some bottle talking about Porto being lucky....we finish games, you lose them. Simples.

4. From your lips to God's ear mate!

TOMAAAAAAAA haters! INVICTA! POOOOOORTOOOOOOOO!

14. FCPorto_Dragao

Jun 15, 2005
    E DUBs
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I appreciate your admiration for Falcao and know you're one of the more classier posters (I just finished my rant about Z's asinine comments), but comparing Cardozo with Falcao is like comparing Sporting's position in the league this year with...well...Porto's...miles and miles apart. I know you weren't arguing that, but having them as a pair is a bit of an insult to Falcao.

15. thebaptist

thebaptist Member

Jul 3, 2006
    Durban, SA
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    God, I hope you're right.

16. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Noone cares about this shitty cup

FYI as Bad as Sporting is, they could have easily won this shitty cup. thats how bad this shitty cup is

We smashed everyone in the beginning stages, and lost to rangers because of ridicukous errors

even last season we lost on away goals to atletico 0-0, and they ended up winning this cup

the Fact is, Sporting can win this cup and Im sure they will win it soon maybe even next season with domingos as coach

Would I care? Sure Ill be content, but the real battle is at home fighting for Righteousness and fair football in Portugal and ending this dynasty of filth and lies that PDC has installed over the last 28 or so years.

but does anyone care? no. go around the forum nobody cares. Alot of my friendds who like soccer I told them on the weekend whern I saw them I mentioned the uefa cup final Porto and Braga they wrre like what??

noone cares about Porto and their shitty cups Especially when they beat lame clubs like Monaco. Braga, Ill respect them because they came to play and the ref screwed them over.

Sporting wins a taca and more people care then Porto winning a europa leaugue. theres probably bigger festa when Sporting won the Barclays new york Challenge last summer than when Porto won the Champions League.

Cheaters never prosper, thats why Porto will never be a big club. Respect is earned not only by winning but by playing fair and respecting the game something Porto as a club never knows anything about.

17. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    haha im prettttty sure porto is already a big club :p
    every1 wants to sapunaru should have got 2nd yellow, but silvio DESERVED a straight red. and all your sporting excuses are because of "ridiculous errors" so the only part sporting fails at is...playing football? haha.
    iv seen many neutral posters over the last few weeks giving porto fans props, real recognize real i suppose.
    sporting failed on all 3 fronts, porto took everything serious and has earned 2, and hopefully 3 trophies this season. recognize greatness! :)

18. Sinstar

Sinstar Member

Aug 2, 2008
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I have a sneaking feeling that Z posts under the influence very often. If you have a problem with substance abuse, take it our on your parents or whoever is unfortunate enough to have you living in their basement.

It's sad though, I can see how always rooting for the losing team can take its toll on a mind that was already suffering from mild down-syndrome.

19. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto

Yeah Sporting can win the Europa League every season :D
    Well, you guys will be there next year. I hope you guys avoid giants like CSKA, Rangers and Atletico.

Shitty cup? :D Yeah, it's not the CL or even close to it but it's still UEFA cup.

20. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Bitter much? Jealousy is such an ugly thing. I suggest you worry about your own team...

21. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  22. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
  23. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Erm.... given the length and thought put into your post, it most certainly seems like there's someone on these boards who does... :cool:

24. rdteixeira

rdteixeira Member

Jul 6, 2004
    San Leandro, CA
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Well said.

Porto and PDC, thank you for ANOTHER magical year! Now stay focused on the Taca, lets get a Tripeiro Treble.

As for you Z...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...you're right. Nobody cares.