PBP: Europa League Final: Chelsea v. Arsenal

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Brock Hannsen, May 21, 2019.

1. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    We’ve done really well to contain their attack today which features some legitimately great players. Their first good chances were basically in the last couple minutes after they were already down 3 goals with 8 minutes to go.

2. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Sucks you can't stream games on flights. Glad we got this.

3. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Professional job today and the tactics were good. Its always great to win in Europe and beating arsenal is a sweet bonus.

Well done the lads.

4. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yep, we will miss Hazard big time.

5. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Shame I could not get to the game but a great result made better by knocking Arse out of the CL next year just like the spuds when we won the CL

lobomojo, Wrath and nicephoras repped this.
  6. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    much better in the second half

7. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    And Arsenal still have yet to win a European trophy. One that exists anyway.

Honestly, despite the season, nice way to finish it.

8. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Shot there of the coach driver explaining something to Sarri. Well I guess he's had a good season but I am still not convinced by his style, that was not Sarri ball in the second half

lobomojo repped this.
  9. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    Cheers for a deserved championship performance.

Made my team look a little better in the process too.

nicephoras, Wrath and lobomojo repped this.
  10. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    x1000000

If we can't get any transfers in, we are screwed. The man is more than just an assist/goal scorer. He makes our entire mediocre team look better.

11. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If we ever thought rudi could be a replacement for Terry he's just proved it by getting in the team photo in his Chelsea shirt. Well played son :D

Kazuma, Wrath, lobomojo and 1 other person repped this.
  12. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Quick shot of Roman smiling in the tunnel

13. addicted2chelsea

Nov 11, 2007
    Australia
    Hazards output is going to be mighty hard to replace.

Great to win some silverware and finish 3rd, overall not as horrendous as we thought halfway through the season!

14. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
  15. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    that was.....rather convincing.

i think Sarri has actually made some adjustments with the squad. one of his biggest faults this season was underestimating the quality of the league and trying to go full attack when he should have been more balanced. when the team plays that way they are better overall. he seems to have gathered some of that towards the end of the season.

christensen had some huge blocks, though one was offside, it was incredible.

Wrath repped this.
  16. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well that was pretty typical of the season - 40 minutes awful, 30 minutes meh & 20 minutes of fabulous 'Sarri-ball'! If only we could play like that for 90 minutes every game! I am obviously well pleased for the win & actually well pleased for Sarri too - he finally has a trophy and if nothing else he's worked bloody hard for it over the years. Strange to think that I probably won't watch Hazard kick a ball anymore (unless England play Belgium I guess) but thank him for his service - his decision to leave will come back to bite him on the a*se I think. I reckon Loftus Cheek is now the best player we have, he has a LOT of potential, nevertheless I think we need a couple of years to rebuild now and don't expect a trophy OR a top 6 finish next year - lets give (either Sarri if he stays) or the next manager some time.

17. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    am i the only one excited by Pulisic? he's young and raw and has to actually get better to fulfill his potential but he's tracking the right direction. he actually has more goal actions per minute than hazard did in France. that's in arguably a more competitive league and has CL experience. at 20.

he could totally flop too.

18. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    As a US fan, I'm terrified that the media and fans will skewer him because patience is not a thing in football. Not in the Premier League, anyway.

The best thing any fan can do is not expect any one player to step in a replace Hazard. Same with Lamps, Drogs, Terry, etc. Pulisic is a really good player, but so young and so much to learn. But he has that drive, that passion, and the qualities to make a great player at this club.

Also - 4-1 over Arsenal! ******** yeah!

19. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ooooh too much pressure! He isn't 'that' good - very, very few people are, if we start expecting him to 'replace' Eden Hazard we are making a rod for his back, its going to be tough enough for him as it is, Pulisic, RLC and Hudson Odoi all have potential to be very good players but as you said Pulisic and Hudson Odoi are both young so only time will tell.

20. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I really hope that if we experience the post-hazard drop off next year, pulisic doesnt become the fall guy. Like most here think he's a longer term prospect even if I expect he will have a good impact pretty quickly.

The post hazard factor is also why I dont want to burn Lampard as a manager. Theres so much to make up that any new gaffer will get tarred with the loss we wont realistically fill for sometime if at all.

Next season, I'm primarily looking at our results on the road against top sides. Our results this season were absolutely dire and the biggest question mark I have over sarris ability to adapt to the league.

But as for today, I'm a happy Blue. And once again, we win a trophy when facing adversity.

Ninjatend0 repped this.
  21. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    When you have a player like Hazard on your team, everything runs through Hazard.

Losing him sucks. But it gives opportunities for the team to become more involved and balanced. It may or may not happen, but that's the hope.

People compare it to Liverpool selling Coutinho, but Countinho was/will never be/isn't the player Hazard was/is. Liverpool have spent a shit ton on players, wages, and agents. They've spent well because they have a fun, good, young team with a very good manager. But up until this Saturday, they've won nothing under Klopp.

I hope it changes, because I cannot bare to see Spurs lift a trophy.

22. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    wrong but happy

23. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not for nothing but this Europa league run nets us valuable UEFA coefficient points which will come in mighty handy should we start finding ourselves back in the champions league on the reg. If I read it correctly we earned as many points as Barca for this years campaign which is a decent haul.

lobomojo repped this.
  24. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I had a phone call from an Arsenal supporting friend yesterday, he said we have been invited to a Champions League barbeque/viewing party by a Spurs supporting friend (yeah I know he's a tw*t), we both agreed its going to be hell trying not to cheer any Liverpool goal (he is a mate after all), so that is where I will be Saturday afternoon and evening. This morning a lady friend I have who has just finished nurse training told me her and her nursey friends are out celebrating Saturday night and she invited me along!!! Bloody Spurs!!!

25. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    posted ad nauseum on how i feel about him. very excited, personally

hopefully sarris out. can’t organize a defense or team in general to save his life. ffs its our decent group of players bailing us out not managers. can thank his lucky stars he has someone like eden to drag this team to some form of glory

lobomojo repped this.