EURO2016 #tousenfrance

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by Blondo, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    [​IMG]

The draw for the finals will take place on 12 December 2015, 18:00 CET
    ... draw procedure
    ... best to avoid group E
    ... group C could be interesting ... Paris (Parc des Princes), Saint-Denis (Stade de France) and Lille (Stade Pierre-Mauroy) ... could even have our base in Belgium and travel less than others.

My pick: Belgium, Croatia, Romania, Albania

2. avdmeers

avdmeers Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Belgium
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I call: Belgium, Italy, Poland, Iceland

3. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I hope the draw comes out like this:

Group A: France, Croatia, Sweden, Northern Ireland

Group B: Spain, Switzerland, Poland, Turkey

Group C: Germany, Austria, Romania, Wales

Group D: Belgium, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Ireland

Group E: Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Iceland

Group F: England, Italy, Hungary, Albania

4. avdmeers

avdmeers Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Belgium
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Republic of Ireland, should be doable. Bosnia pressed them on their half for most of the game during the play-offs. Got some good strikers though.

5. avdmeers

avdmeers Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Belgium
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Yaaaayy!!! Zlatan! Finally we play against him.

6. avdmeers

avdmeers Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Belgium
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Woot, Italy. This time for real!!

7. ra_sriniketan

ra_sriniketan Member

Jul 5, 2010
    I was hoping we would get a tough group and show the world that we are the real no.1 team. Its time we do it.

8. avdmeers

avdmeers Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Belgium
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Tbh I only rate Italy really high. Neutralize Ibra and Sweden shouldn't be hard. That first match against Italy will be crucial.

9. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Guys you beat us in a friendly last time, but get ready because you will play us for real now. We are much stronger in competitive games. Get ready for the revenge guys? Or Maybe you will actually have enough quality to get the win again and prove me wrong, but beware.

-Insigne-Gabbiadini-Berardi-
    -Marchisio-De Rossi-Verratti-
    -Darmian-Chiellini-Bonucci-Florenzi-
    -Buffon-
    This team doesn't even compare to the team that you beat 3-1. Much stronger.

10. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I don't think anyone put much stock in that friendly win, to be honest. And we too were missing players.

11. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah Kompany I remember right? Mertens as well, but I remember that there was a debate here whether Carrasco should start over Mertens. And Courtois as well.

12. avdmeers

avdmeers Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Belgium
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Next time you won't have the luxury of going up against an experimental defense with rookie Cavanda. You'll have to go against the organized block commanded by Kompany and Courtois. Soon as Hazard is back in his groove, Italy's defense will be made to look silly like last time in the second half.

-Hazard-Batshuayi-Mertens-
    -Fellaini-De Bruyne-
    -Naingolan-
    -Vertonghen-Vermaelen-Kompany-Alderweireld-
    -Courtois-​

This is one of those occasions where Fellaini is actually useful as an infiltrator. Would be good if he left ManU for a better team. And there are no debates, just luxury problems. Courtois is Belgium's NO. 1

13. avdmeers

avdmeers Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Belgium
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    675736979070435328 is not a valid tweet id

Gotta love Zlatan's modesty.

Blondo repped this.
  14. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Group E (the group best to avoid ... even if you win it, expect Croatia next and Germany in the QFs) ... Italy and Sweden ... even Ireland got a win and a draw in their Qs against Germany. Can't start slow, conserve energy and grow ... better roll up our sleeves from the start.

15. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    France got an easy group ... if they top it, the French meet a 3rd placed team in the RO16 and in the QFs likely one of Austria/Iceland/Slovakia/Russia ... not bad, Platini, not bad at all.

16. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
  17. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Where is Lukaku? He is a good player. Is Fellaini even that good? He is been horrible for ManU. Honestly shouldn't you start Witsel and Nainggolan?

Ok it looks like your saying Belgium's defense is better than ours. Not true. Do you know that our defense took Juve to the final last season? We dealt with the MSN quite well but they capitalized on some mistakes, and plus we were robbed of a penalty. Our defense plays together at Juventus all season which is a huge advantage. Kompany is good but not like the BBC. Courtois is not as good as Buffon, FACT. Forget about the age. Buffon is still the best or second best in the world. You could still win of course, but you are underestimating us. Insigne and Gabbiadini play well together at Napoli and know how to break down defenses quite well. The Serie A is all about defense, and if you can break them down without much problem breaking down Kompany and Vermaelen shouldn't be too hard. Berardi is someone else to watch out for. He has skill, pace, great assisting, and great shooting. Witsel, Nainggolan, and Fellaini are good, but if you are comparing them to De Rossi, Verratti, and Marchisio, you are completely bias. Do you know how key These three midfielders are to their clubs? Especially Marchisio and Verratti.

18. avdmeers

avdmeers Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Belgium
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    • Lukaku has no place against a team like Italy unless he gets more space, he has trouble protecting the ball. Batshuayi, competing for most goals in the Ligue 1 despite a shabby support, or Benteke will do a better job.
    • Fellaini simply hasn't been played much, so to say he plays horrible is an exaggeration. He has scored plenty of goals for us and ManU last season. But they reject him even now, because he doesn't suit their "philosophy" (if they have one beyond buying expensive players)
    • No, it does not look like I'm saying our defense is better than yours. I'm saying our defense is more potent than what you saw during the friendly because of key players missing. ManCity has admitted way more goals without Kompany than with. Courtois has damn near been crucial to get Atletico to win La Liga and almost the Champions League, where goals only started coming during extra time. The difference in class between Buffon and Courtois (Belgian champ, Spanish champ, English champ and PL proven) is neglegible, so saying who's best is 1. irrelevant and 2. up to subjective opinion and 3. Buffon has had more time to prove himself because age.
    • Insigne and Gabbiadini are good but not world class. Napoli is not top of Serie A and in Europa League played against largely anonymous teams. Also: Mertens has contibruted to their success
    • Serie A isn't what is used to be. When you say it is all about defence and I look at AS Roma in the Champions League, I can't help but chuckle. Juventus didn't exactly cruise through their group either.
    • Noone in the right mind would use a midfield consisting of Witsel, Nainggolan and Fellaini. This is an ununspiring midfield. A proper midfield needs not only discipline, but creativity. Nainggolan understand the importance of quick passing and utilitizing the wings. Fellaini is an infiltrator that can disrupt your defense and De Bruyne is the creative spark, the guy is an assist and scoring machine. You need a good team of good players, not just a team of good players. It is important to know if they gel together.
    • When you say I underestimate you, I'd be careful not to be too hypocritical. Belgium gets a lot of hate for being top in that crap FIFA list. Some of the criticism is earned, other parts aren't. We had to go against teams that didn't want to play football against us, and we've learned a thing or two about unlocking defenses.

Blondo repped this.
  19. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Meanwhile at the bookmaker's ... both Italy's and Belgiums's odds drifted after the draw ... for a while England overtook us but we bounced back a bit ... we rank 4th (behind the favorites Germany, France and Spain) ... while Italy are 7th (behind England and Portugal), Sweden 16th and Ireland 19th. France moved up a spot after their cakewalk draw and Spain ending up in a tough group.

20. Jimmy Blogs

Jimmy Blogs New Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Club:
    AC Chievo Verona
    take no notice of that moron. He has no idea and is one of the most idiotic and biased Italian posters I've ever seen. Come to think of it, not just Italian posters, posters period. He is the most idiotic and clueless poster full stop. Our defence sucks, Berardi Insigne and Gabbiadini hardly even feature at all and Belgium are better than us all over the park. Berardi hasn't even been capped yet!

Belgium made the quarters of the world cup while we couldn't get out of the group. Our qualifying campaign was hideous and player for player and recent results Belgium beats us hands down. That muppet needs to gain some humility as well as finishing grade school.

21. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Great Post, I never said your defense sucked at all, just they definitely aren't superior to ours. I was shell shocked when you said Insigne and Gabbiadini are not world class. Insigne is better than De Bruyne for God Sake. How many assists and goals has he scored in Serie A and Europa League. On the hole Napoli is better than Man City fact. Not all Serie A teams are defensive but a lot of them are, and it is much harder to score goals in Serie A than any other league. Gabbiadini isn't world class yet but has high potential. Similar to Lukaku I'd say.

22. Jimmy Blogs

Jimmy Blogs New Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Club:
    AC Chievo Verona
    Insigne and Gabbiadini have proved jack shit. Insigne is not better than De Bruyne. Potential means jack shit unless you fulfil it. You're the dumbest ******** ever to grace Big Soccer.

23. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What has De Bruyne done that Insigne hasn't? Whats your proof that De Bruyne is better? If you will say last season, all I can say is Insigne was injured for most of last season.

24. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    And when Insigne did show, have you watched Napoli 6-3 Wolfsburg in Europa League?

25. The411

The411 Member

Oct 12, 2013
    If you have to ask then I feel sorry for you. De Bruyne broke the assist record in Bundesliga made the Ballon D'or final list and 2014/2015 he has 32 goals and 42 assists in 86 matches.

Insigne in the same time frame has 10 goals and 12 assists in 47 games