Euro U19 - Portugal vs Serbia (July 29th)

Discussion in 'Portugal: National Teams' started by wtf_SCOLARI!!, Jul 28, 2013.

1. wtf_SCOLARI!!

wtf_SCOLARI!! Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone can post the time the match will be on tomorrow (eastern time)?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers

2. J.P.

J.P. Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    I think 9:30 a.m.

3. J.P.

J.P. Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Typical Portugal not knowing how to finish.

The difference between the youth teams of Portugal and Spain, for example, isn't talent. It's professionalism. These guys don't have any.

What stupid defending from Rafa and Ie on that 2nd goal.

4. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    Only portugal can lose a game like this

5. J.P.

J.P. Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Cancelo has the talent to be the starting RB of the future for the national team...He's also got the stupidity to never even make it to Benfica's 1st team.

Penalties probably favor Serbia, the way this has gone.

6. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    Have to agree on all accounts

7. Dan82

Dan82 Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Brutal....we gave them the game on a silver platter.

8. J.P.

J.P. Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Only Portugal

9. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This game basically summed up Portuguese soccer, all the talent in the world but no mental strength.

10. Area 51

Area 51 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Another blown lead.

11. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    As long as he's at benfica there is no future,
    The serbian u19s have a better chance at making the benfica first team in the future than cancelo or any other tuga has over there.

Cedric will likely be the future RB

12. wtf_SCOLARI!!

wtf_SCOLARI!! Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Oh man this guys is hilarious lol

About the match, this is actually the crispest passing Portuguese team I have seen. The defending was horrible.From what I understood, Serbia was playing for penalties since the second half began. I'm sick and tired of people saying Portugal should have won or Benfica should have beat Chelsea in the Uefa final. If you don't PUT THE BALL IN the net, you don't deserve ANYTHING. This game is about goals. There is nothing wrong with playing defensively, as long as the job gets done. BUT I personally like to see my teams offensive minded, especially Portuguese teams because that is what we're supposed to be about, attacking flair.

About the penalties, we need to actually learn how to take a proper pen, even going back to the Spain game at Euro (horrible penalties) I used to think Portugal was amazing at penalties but now I realise it was only because of those wins against England in 2004 and 2006. (England being the worst penalty shooutout peformers in history.) Not a slight at England just stating my opinion.

13. Area 51

Area 51 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Portugal, much like in the u20 world cup, had one of the top 2/3 teams in the competition. They should have won today and edgar Ie like in the u20's cost the team in the dying minutes.

They played fantastically in the second half and should have put the game away quite easily.

And squandering a 2-0 lead on PK's....shocking.

Still..looking at our U21 group for the next couple years things are looking good..we should make an appearance at the u21 championship and challenge.

GK
    Bruno Varela

CB
    Tobias F.
    Cardoso
    Tiago Ilori

RB
    Cancelo

LB
    Rafa
    Mica

DM
    Tomas P.
    Ca
    Ricardo Alves

CM/Playmaker
    Joao Mario
    Chaby
    Joao Carlos
    Bernando Silva

Wingers/attacking mids
    Marcos Lopes
    Bruma
    Esgaio
    Ponde
    Bruno Fernandes

Forwards
    Paciencia
    Aladje
    Carlos Mane

14. J.P.

J.P. Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Cedric vs Andre Almeida...

Interesting debate, although depressing seeing as neither are anything more than OK. After years of great RB's with Ferreira, Miguel and Bosingwa, it's tough going through this dry spell.

15. Area 51

Area 51 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Cancelo is superb attacking...needs to work on his defense though.

16. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    The game changed when marcos lopes went into the midfield and Horta came on as a wide man. The passing was sublime, hopefully Tomas, Lopes and Rafa can lead the 19s next year to the final tournament and onto another u20 World Cup. Rebocho on the bench who saw no minutes is also still eligible. Really really creamed myself on some of the passing between Tomas, Lopes and Silva.

17. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    Tobias did a job on a full Serbian international today, he starts for the senior side, shows what enormous pote
    You have to add the 1992 players
    Eg William Carvalho, Luis Martins, Paulo Oliveira(who will more than likely be captain). All three of these guys will start and Joao Carlos Texeira bossed the game in their last friendly so hopefully Rui Jorge stays loyal to the guy who pretty much won them the game verse Croatia. I'd also like to see Gurreiro in the side.

18. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Saw the highlights, what a crusher! Who missed the PK for Portugal? And this Horta kid looks good. In the end, Portugal has talent, you don't know to win these tourneys to prove anything.

France/Serbia in the finks -- France will win.