Euro Options for 11 year old Badr Seyam?

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by Who is this guy?, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Who is this guy?

Dec 13, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well Folks Ive got quite the story for everyone. Apparently we've got another "prodigy" on our hands.This time hes Kuwaiti-American from................ Wichita,......yeah, that Witchita :D. Like any "prodigy" hes got copious amounts of youtube videos. like....
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztLn8mqywIU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztLn8mqywIU[/ame]
    plenty more vids on this "AMERICAN TALENT" at http://www.youtube.com/user/seccor10
    Heres where the YA angle comes in. Apparently his exploits caught the attention of the local media.
    [​IMG]
    In may of this year the Augusta Gazzette did a world cup/"local superstar" type story with Badr and his dad. If you had any reservations about the national team allegiances of an 11 year old, rest easy.
    http://www.augustagazette.com/features/x227914474/Soccer-Phenom-Father-dreams-of-son-playing-in-2014-World-Cup
    Finally, Some Kuwaiti blog found out about him and interviewed him about his Euro offers.

Seems like a humble and mature kid, maybe too mature like an adult wrote those answers but I'm not sure.

I did like this a lot though.lol hes got the right attitude
    http://www.kal01.com/2010/11/exclusive-interview-with-badr-seyam/

Overall, I thought it was an interesting story and I thought that I might as well log it. Reminds me a lot of the Tunisian-American kid from the "Why Bradenton and DA are far less critical to US success than people imagine" thread. He may never pan out but just in case he does end up at Real Madrid someday, I want credit for "finding" him.:D

2. (TxT)

(TxT) Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Tampa, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Youtube clips seem to be more of a hindrance than overall good these days. Sure some kids that actually get discovered and signed do pan out but to think that there weren't kids doing these same things as recently as 10 years ago would be naive. Back then the only way to get noticed was work hard and constantly impress people in person and get noticed through word of mouth, and through that process you developed a stronger will to succeed. Now all you have to do is have a few good clips to put on youtube and get your family and/or coaches to do some decent pr and you'll be labeled a "prodigy". The next step involves some greedy agent who doesn't want to miss out on a possible pay day, which more than likely will be their first one if they are seriously looking at an 11 year old, which just reinforces the whole "prodigy" label. When these youtube kids get cut, don't get signed, or even have to sit on the bench it is a huge blow to there ego and self esteem since everyone has been telling them how great they are they become disinterested and just give up.

3. talent soccer

talent soccer New Member

Dec 20, 2010
    where is the us soccer about badr seyam this kid he will be the best player , where is the midia about this kid badr seyam where is the CNN about badr seyam or fox we dont care about soccer if this kid he play in barazil you will see the media and tv and alot spoort to him where in the mnt for u 14 about badr seyam why they tont take hik am sure they dont know about him , he is amazing how he play

4. roboatse

roboatse Member

Oct 4, 2010
    seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

oh, Hi dad!

5. talent soccer

talent soccer New Member

Dec 20, 2010
    dad ohhhhhhhhhhh. i will be proud to be his dad if he agree.. am sure his dad better than me i will not let him stay here if am his dad ,,,,to spain

6. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    anybody who cares about this kid will hope the media has no idea of who he is for at least another 5 years. And conversely anybody who wants him on national tv is probably looking to make some money off of him

Inshallah, I will hear nothing else about him until he is on some youth national team many years down the road.

As with the Hyndmann Jr. thread, while he is a yank, there is nothing abroad about him. Moderators?

7. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Is that a town in Kuwait?

8. USA2014

USA2014 Member

May 4, 2010
    Seriously? Pardon me if I bring out my inner Allen Iverson...

We talkin about an 11 year old. A kid.

They aren't talking about 11 year old kids in Brazil, Spain, Germany, England, or in the Netherlands.

We talkin about an 11 year old.

An 11 year old.

9. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    remember seeing this player on youtube 2-3 years ago after I put in "american soccer talent" or something like that.

10. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    If he continues to stand out he should be called in soon enough.

11. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    أغلق هذا الموضوع

or in English:

Close this thread.

There is no sign that this kid is headed abroad. We can re-open it when he does. For now, this should only be a US YNT thread.

12. Qamle

Qamle Member

May 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    can't believe I just started to watch a video of a 11 year old soccer player. Glad I caught myself before I made it all the way through.

On a related note, when do the original "youtube soccer stars" begin their professional careers?

13. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the "Little Messi" video was more impressive... in any case cap them both, just to be safe.

14. talent soccer

talent soccer New Member

Dec 20, 2010
    guys if you look to the new stare kid in brazil name jean carlos and if you see how is the media deal with this kid in brazil like he is new king of soccer and if you see his video badr seyam better than him 100% and jean he is now 15 yrs old and badr seyam in only 11 yrs old that what i was meaning if you go and see badr seyam channel in youtube and just watch 3 or 4 video you will see why we need to care about this kid also all the soccer state now they been never have the some skills when they been like this kid badr seyam same age , if you guys now or not know most of the country now they looking for talent everywhere then they took the talent to they country and the gave new cetizen ship . like france did with 9 player they ade nor from france and the same with germany they have 8 player they are not from german all the contry do that now also qatar they do the same that why we need to care about this kid watch his channel on youtube and see 3 video and see the amazing skills in this age and see how he contral the ball and how he open the game how he pass long ball or short ball and the speed or the skills if you are a coach you will know what am talking about when you want to select kid in your team i hop we will see him soon

15. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dartmouth, then?

16. Werdman89

Werdman89 Member+

May 27, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Talent should never, ever be evaluated based on youtube videos. Also, what type of attention should this kid get? Like our media would actually care about an 11 year old in a sport most American sports fans don't even care about(yet). Are you expecting US Soccer to develop a U12 National Team team just for the sake of you to brag about Badr Sayam.

You should be telling this kid that there are hundreds of kids just like him in Spain, Brazil, Germany, Netherlands, etc. and that he needs to continue to work his hardest to be a step ahead of them. The last thing you(or anyone else) should do is to build him up thinking he's better than everyone else.

17. minya

minya Member

Mar 27, 2008
    san diego, ca
    Is it Wichita Rec league?

18. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Quite right... and it will never do a kid that age any good in the long run by getting any kind of media attention ... or by moving to Europe for that matter.. youtube it's btw full of young "wunderkids" who are never going to make it at top-flight level... here is a Danish "mini Ronaldinho" who got some attention when he was in this TV commercial in 2006...

and
    I belive he played for the FC København Youth Academy and his name showed up a few times, being linked with a move to Liverpool, but since then absolutely nothing has happened, and probably never will...

19. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Not much more than he is. WHich is a good thing. Keep him on the radar, let a kid be a kid, and check back when he is 14.

Actually knowing our twisted sports media, they would care. They would hype him up, then say "We fell for the Freddie Adu hype, you cant fool us twice. THen proceed to bash Freddy and soccer, and go back to college football coverage..."
    I agree.

20. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    [Via BimmerBenz in the Youth forum]

Seyam Badr training with Arsenal.

@badr_seyam
    In Arsenal with Steve morrow director youth Arsenal

[​IMG] [/quote]

21. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The kid has a twitter account? eye roll

22. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Well.............the title of this thread is a little misleading. The thread was started two years ago. So he's 13-14 now. I imagine plenty of 13-14 year olds have twitter accounts to tell their friends how band practice went!

The OP sites an article that reads...........

Kal: Is there any contracts you got from Europe? What happened?

Badr: Yes we always received offers from many different big club in Europe and many from FIFA agents. They try to make me play there, but my family refused because I’m still too young and when I turn 14 years old they will approve because we believe this is the age to learn more manners and characteristics’ and to learn about your religion and culture, the age from 8 -14 this is the good time to learn a lot from my family.

Well, he's that age now....................................perhaps they're contemplating a move abroad.

23. CreightonMCFCjoey

Jan 30, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    spoken with Badr, he's got a number of great options, and will likely take one. Been with Borrusia 'Gladbech, FC Basel and now Arsenal. Badr also very open to represent the USA in youth teams.

24. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club...ospects:-kansas-teen-heads-to-europe_aid28242

The Kansas ODP standout and former Sporting Kansas City Academy player ended his stay with Arsenal on Sunday, and began his trial with Hamburg SV on Monday.

All of these brief training stops are building up to something though, as Seyam has set the goal of making the move to a top academy when he turns 14 years old in 2013.

“This is the beginning for me to start going to Europe and play and train with very good quality kids,” he said. “This is also my first experience here in Europe, I have learned a lot about how to become a professional in the future.”

25. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Member

Sep 27, 2014
    He is playing high school soccer for Wichita Heights in Kansas.