Euro Glory as a Tribute to Munich

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by 433tom, Jul 30, 2007.

1. 433tom

433tom New Member

Jun 16, 2006
  2. Granted

Granted Member

Aug 4, 2006
    Ohio
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, that would definitley be incredible. I'm glad the players know what they're playing for. But also, isn't it not just the 50th anniversary of Munich, but also the 40th anniversary of "Bobby's big night out at Wembley"?

3. GranCanMan

GranCanMan Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    As much as the sentiment is touching, they should be targeting CL glory every year, not just on special occassions.

Still, it would be sweet...........

4. topnoevili

topnoevili Member

MUFC, Hartford Athletic
    Apr 11, 2006
    Wilmington, DE
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah, that's definitely why we haven't won the CL since 99... no special occasions since the treble... and obviously the squad doesn't try without a special occasion... we probably didn't even want to win it last year.

5. GranCanMan

GranCanMan Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Citing Munich as a reason to REALLY want to win it is putting a kiss of death on it I think.

We do stand a decent chance in the CL this year mind. We made the semi's with a team which under-performed in Europe last year I thought.

With the summer signings added there is much more pace and attacking talent and then you have the young lads who may improve again.

The future's bright...........

6. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's also gonna be 40 since Wembley and Benfica..

7. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    If we win come may then it will also have been (9) years since our last euro trophy..(5)0 since munich, (4)0 since Wembley. 5+4 = 9. 9 years since our last euro championship. 9&9 = '99. It's in the writing, we will win the champions league this year :)