Euro Draw 2008 Dec. 2

Discussion in 'Euro 2012' started by dav13dav13, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Hrvat

Hrvat New Member

Mar 27, 2005
    Zagreb, Croatia
    I obviously meant allowed.

2. Big balls

Big balls Member

May 22, 2006
    Sweden

Ummm, it was a goal, who cares about the circumstances, yes it was hardly a "dream goal". You seem to be honest enough to recognize it was a goal and I give you respect for being real about it.

Yes we don't know how the match could've ended. It could've been 2-1 to Sweden but if we both should act like adults, let's say it ended in a draw.

Regarding defenders, I wasn't defending Mellberg, I was mocking him, hence the basketball reference. To say Sweden played poorly in Zagreb is pure bull. I am quite sure that Sweden's shots on goal were near or above Croatia's. Sweden was playing well. Even though the ref GAVE Sweden's home game to Croatia, Sweden only needed a draw in Zagreb to finish 1st.

And yes, Sweden is a better team than Croatia.

3. Hrvat

Hrvat New Member

Mar 27, 2005
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Croatia and Sweden played three times in last four years, twice in Sweden. Croatia won all three of them. Plus we had a better recent qualifying campaign. You are obviously entitled to your own opinion, but...

Btw, Croatia had 12 shots on goal, Sweden 3 in the Zagreb match. Don't care if you believe me or not.

4. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    From someone who could cares less for either team, I would have to say Croatia are a slightly better team than Sweden at the moment.

5. dav13dav13

dav13dav13 Member

Dec 7, 2006
    Sacramento
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Croatia simply and obviosuly better. end on that

6. tomvandamn

tomvandamn New Member

Apr 9, 2003
    new york
    Croatia is a better team than Poland and Sweden.
    Check the last 10 years and overall results.

If the euro was played today croatia would be the favorites against both by bookies.

btw Croatia is really concentrating on the first two opponents and should be qualified prior to the poland game.

7. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Really? They told you that? Well, I heard Germany is concentrating on the first three opponents!!

Do you what team is only concentrating on the first opponents??

8. +Gooner+

+Gooner+ Member

Dec 20, 2006
    In the Pampas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That would mean they would have to win against Austria and Germany, right? I think Germany will have a say about that as well. :rolleyes:

9. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    Sometimes one almost start to believe that Croatia have won three tournaments in a row judging by some posts. Okej you won against England. So what. We haven´t lost to them since -68 or something.Croatia and Sweden should be on roughly the same level I guess. Just about the same size on those countries population-wise I guess?
    Swedens problem is the coach. He is not the best match-coach around, to say the least. With a better coach we could beat teams like Croatia. At the moment we are rather weak. Ended the qualifying in an awful way.

10. tomvandamn

tomvandamn New Member

Apr 9, 2003
    new york
    Germany is so scary. Not

11. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    you will find that getting the ball from germany is harder than beating england

ooooo :D

12. QuaresmaRonaldo

QuaresmaRonaldo New Member

Aug 23, 2004
    I think the favourites for the Euro, by favourite I mean, there is a fair-to-good chance of them winning.

(GROUP of 6) - FAVOURITES
    1. Italy (WC '06 winners); 2. France (WC '06 runnerups); 3. Germany (On reputation alone); 4. Spain (Best team on paper); 5. Portugal (Consistently making the semi-finals since Euro2000); and 6. Netherlands (Quality team with numerous options) IN THAT ORDER

I think the Darkhorses for the Euro, by Darkhorse, I mean, there is an outside shot, with luck, they could win. Also, there would be surprise by most people.

(GROUP of 4) - DARKHORSES
    1. Czech Republic (Finished first in qualifying in a very tough group ahead of Germany; 2. Sweden (Still have a decent core of players with experience); 3. Croatia (Always a combative group, impressed in qualifying); 4. Greece (Almost a flawless qualifying campaign) IN THAT ORDER

Lastly, I think the ALSO RANS (Improbables) for Euro, by ALSO RANS, i mean, no person in their right mind would put money on them winning the tourney.

(GROUP of 6) - ALSO RANS (IMPROBABLE)
    1. Russia (A good organized side but quality isn't there to win this tourney); 2. Poland (Ditto); 3. Switzerland (Ditto); 4. Austria (Ditto); 5. Turkey (Ditto); and lastly; 6. Romania (They're gonna be so beat up from their Group - emerging from the group of death is also unlikely)

13. Big balls

Big balls Member

May 22, 2006
    Sweden
    Relax mate, keep in mind that the judges in this thread are from Sacramento and New York. Their experience of Euro QF matches is based on when FOX & co decides to give them a summarized sneak peak.