Euro 2024 Thread

Discussion in 'Portugal: National Teams' started by fdasilva, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Every Four Years

May 16, 2015
    Miramar, Florida
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Hmm, I can see Portugal being ranked a bit low at that time but other teams are still too high.

2. oneirus

oneirus Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Ramos gave me Hugo Almeida vibes today. Useless.

3. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    All these games are so pointless. One of the most trash groups we have ever been apart of. These games tell us absolutely nothing of the quality of the team

4. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    No it does not but sure is nice qualifying this way instead of loosing and tiring to weak teams and barely qualifying ,

Caldo Verde repped this.
  5. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Are the bruno fanboys watching?

Shitty corners, a pass under no pressure right to the opposition from deep in his own half in 9th minute. Imagine when we play better teams, he will look exactly the same as he does when he plays good teams with Man Utd

6. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Bruno takes the shittiest corners i have ever seen. They have zero pace on them, the keeper just comes and easily grabs all of them. No wonder Man Utd never scores corners

7. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nice to see Bruno score again. He’s consistently been Portugals player in these qualifiers.

8. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Just wait until we play better teams at the euro, he will look exactly the same as he does at Man Utd

9. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I hope so too! He scores a lot of goals and gets a lot of assists for united.

10. oneirus

oneirus Member

Jun 28, 2016
    He always shows up for the weak teams.

The minnow killer strikes again.

prodigal_mind repped this.
  11. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Complaining about a player showing up, regardless of the competition, is a wild take.

12. oneirus

oneirus Member

Jun 28, 2016
    I sense sarcasm...lol

13. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Oh my, changed over to the English commentary, the English media are full of shit when Ronaldo took a Shot ( he is angry because he got overtaken today by R. Lukaku ) who scored 4 today.

14. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    your player assessment is terrible. You still dont understand a midfielders job on the pitch. You think playing complete ass for 90 mins and then popping in with a goal/assist excuses the other 90 minutes of trash.

Theres a reason he is at man utd and no better teams want him

15. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    This coach needs to bring in a real midfielder. Sportings daddy (Joao Neves)

16. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Every time you have tried to shit talk Bruno, he scores immediately after. Just let it go man, Bruno is a good player. It's fine. Scoring goals is, weirdly enough, how you win games. Even if I don't agree with you, I would be fine with someone playing shit the whole game and popping in a goal. Any team in the world would take that player, are you kidding me?

17. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    10/10 first time we have won every game in a calendar year and won every game in a qualifying round, while also setting an all time biggest win. Say what you want about the opposition but we've faced bad teams in the past and lost or drew so Martinez has exceeded expectations and has this team doing what they are supposed to.

Ronaldo has lost a step but he does not lose the ball (besides when shooting) and makes great passes and plays, he appears to be altering his game into a play maker but still wants to be the striker.

Cancelo had another great game but started getting too confident at times

Bruno and Bernardo played to their levels, no complaints really for the rest of the team.

Probably Felix's best game for Portugal but he had Ronaldo wide wide open for a tap in and did not pass for no good reason. Goes to show this guy is just not reliable even when playing well.

We did whaat we were supposed to, we need stronger opponents to see how this attacking mindset will translate when it's more serious. Roll on 2024

18. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Never thought I'd see Portugal win all the qualifying games and qualify without calculators or playoff games.
    The group was a joke but we historically made a mess of these "easy" games.

19. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yep can only echo what’s been said above.

Weak group but I’ve been pleasantly surprised since Martinez took over and you really can’t scoff at 10 wins out of 10 with an average GD per game of +3.4

20. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Sorta like FAILix, except FAILix sucks against all teams.

21. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It feels so nice not having to stress over the qualification process.

Maybe we won’t have to stress at the euro while Martinez wins us the trophy as well. I firmly believe it.

This is a stress free manager. Thank you, Roberto.

22. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #472 prodigal_mind, Nov 20, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2023
    Just like that time he dominated man utd in the cl knockout game and eliminated them with Bruno doing his usual big game performance? :ROFLMAO:

Call me when brubo wins ONE major club title. He is the football version of Westbrook and harden, a stat padder who does fk all when the real games come along

23. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

It's not just his own coach that thinks he's a lazy fuck

https://www.football-espana.net/202...-understand-where-you-are-its-hard-to-coexist

His own teammates do too

https://www.goal.com/en-us/lists/jo...r-barcelona-extraordinary/blt930ec6e0121bfdd9

24. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    money11 repped this.
  25. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Except that Bruno has actually scored and played well in the last 20 games and Joao FAILix has done fuck all.

But if the discussion was about who's lady could get banged by other footballers like Pedro Porro than FAILix would win that argument easily.