EURO 2024: Is there any hope????

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Orange14, Jun 17, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  2. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Blind to the rescue! :p

This is beyond frustrating.. for the first time in the longest time, Oranje finally have a legit option at LB in Hartman, and now he’s set to miss the tournament. Wow. Speechless. o_O

Brilliant Oranje repped this.
  3. wilson00

wilson00 Member+

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You see this is all on koeman and for not calling up Maatsen. Hell no Hartman is the only legitimate option. Maatsen was overlooked in the last friendlys so to accomdate blind. Feyenoord bound Gij Smal of twente is also a very good LB and so is Jayden oosterwolde at fenerbahce, Just go and watch how they are performing but no just because blind has to be accomdated, others have to wait in line because blind is more comptent then them given his experiences and With his experience he is untouchable and will win the euros.

I have long said this when ever there is injuries, the NT are back paddling.why, because the transition is never on time and this affects the depth factor on the team. It’s a shame instead of changing their mindset the Dutch coaches go on to lobby for selection of more players so to hide their blushes. Pathetic and shame. This moron shud be kicked out after the euros.

4. wilson00

wilson00 Member+

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Malacia is back in training at United. Not sure if he will be able to clock minutes and reach full fitness in time.

5. Brilliant Oranje

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Mar 4, 2023
    Amsterdam and Marbella
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Can Aké not play leftback??

6. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Yes he can… but still waiting for the extent of his injury - what if he is not fully fit for Euro? :confused: Crazy, both bad news happened on the same day. Oranje LB is cursed!!

7. Brilliant Oranje

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Mar 4, 2023
    Amsterdam and Marbella
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Depay gets the start today against Villa :thumbsup:

8. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Looks like Frenkie is on schedule (or slightly ahead) for his recovery -- he's back in training, and hopeful to play in Barca's match vs. PSG on the 10th of April. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Brilliant Oranje repped this.
  9. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    There are options:
    1. Play Ake as LB. Call up Van De Ven for CB.
    2. Call up Maatsen.
    3. Try Frimpong as LB.
    It sounds really far fetch for option 3 but I still prefer to try that than having Blind as LB. If Blind plays as a midfield, perhaps the damage can be minimized. I don't think Malacia's fitness will be ready for this Euro.

10. Hey, I copyrighted that:mad:

11. Brilliant Oranje

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Mar 4, 2023
    Amsterdam and Marbella
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  12. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Why not try something different and play Koopmeiners at Left back?
    He’s capable of playing several positions in MF and for me is a much better player and athlete than Blind.

13. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    #763 BaritoPutra, Apr 2, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2024
    Van der Ven back to action today! Played 90 minutes. Huge boost for Oranje. He is a left-footed player, very physical and is ridiculously fast… well, how about giving it a try at LB?

EDIT - Did quick googling. An article from OptaAnalyst said that Van der Ven was deployed as LB a handful of times when he was in Wolfsburg. So it’s not a totally foreign concept for him. I think that’s good news. Between Ake and Micky, hopefully one is back in top form and fitness for Euro. Keep Blind on the bench. :whistling:

richsavare repped this.
  14. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    Sure it is yours. Others are calling Maatsen up or let Ake play LB. I don't think I am the first to say these 3. I'm just pointing out those are the 3 options that I think the best 3 options among options.
    I don't think Koop will do well as LB. I still think he can be a good midfield, except that somehow he does not gel well with De Jong. I'd rather have Koop as the sub for De Jong. I think Koop can complement Reijnders except that Koop's injury might take away the chance to see this partnership tested.
    It is good to see van de Ven playing again. I hope he can be called up (too bad that Botman will miss Euro). This team needs all the depth they can have in order to go deep.

15. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Van der Ven started again today, and scored a thunderous goal to top of the net from the edge of the penalty box. Beautiful technique! Also selected as MOTM per the FotMob app. He is back for sure!

Spurs are back to the top 4, in close contention for the last Champions league berth.

richsavare repped this.
  16. Brilliant Oranje

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Mar 4, 2023
    Amsterdam and Marbella
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  17. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    3-4 weeks out... it sucks for sure, but it's not terribly bad (i.e. could have been much worse!) Barring any setback, he can return to fitness by end of April, then he'll get a month or so of La Liga action (season ends in late May). And another 2 weeks or so before Oranje kick off their Euro campaign.

richsavare repped this.
  18. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Frenkie, Van der Ven, and Zirkzee are recently back to action, Brobbey made the bench role last weekend… I believe “only” three players (who are hopeful to make it to Oranje squad) currently on the sideline: Ake (back this weekend?), Malen (late April), Memphis (late April/early May).

Hartman, Lang, Botman are already out for the season.

No more injuries… everybody playing in a bubble wrap from now on until Euro! :cool:

19. Captain Marten de Roon with Koopmeiners outclassed Liverpool at Anfield with captain van Dijk and Gakpo.:eek: 0-3!!

richsavare repped this.
  20. Brilliant Oranje

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Mar 4, 2023
    Amsterdam and Marbella
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  21. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Gravenberch looked very unhappy riding the bench once again

22. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  23. Dunno if it's the same goalie I posted this after the ManU vs Liverpool match:
    upload_2024-4-12_1-38-19.png

24. 34473

Dunno why they bought him. I posted in their forum they bought the wrong guy, they should have bought Kökcu from Feyenoord, who under Slot played the game like Klopp does and Gravenberch simply doesnot fit Klopp ball.

25. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It was the Irish Keeper Kelleher.