EURO 2021 Predictions

Discussion in 'Euro 2020 (2021)' started by Ofori, May 6, 2021.

1. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    I predicted 5/8 quarterfinalists correctly.
    These are:

Belgium
    Italy
    Spain
    Denmark
    Ukraine

Teams I didn't predict to reach the quarterfinals:

England
    Czech Republic
    Switzerland

I'm not shocked to see those three at this stage. In fact I had the Czechs as quarterfinalists until they lost 4-0 to Italy in a build up friendly. The reason I didn't predict England to make it this far was that I believed in Germany coming back. But after the Hungary game it was evident to me that they would lose to England.
    Switzerland are the team I least expected at this stage. Actually I thought this tournament would be do or die for them after three back to back Round of 16 exits. Good for them that they finally have broken through the threshold of the Round of 16.

I can only get 2/4 semi-finalists correct. France and Germany are out. My Final Belgium-Denmark is still a possibility.

Every Four Years repped this.
  2. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    Out of the powerhouses only England, Spain, Belgium and Italy are left in the competition.
    Italy could prove me wrong. I said earlier that they wouldn't have the experience necessary at the highest level in order to win this EUROs.
    They are now healthy contenders but they have to prove their worth against other contenders. It will get interesting now.

3. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    England vs Denmark... in Wembley, London (semi and final). England wins then wins the final. If they dont win it all they will surely win the World Cup in 2022 or 2026 as Qatar and USA are friendly countries to England.

Italy vs Spain. Rematch 2008 euro quarter final, 2012 final, 2013 confed semifinal, 2016 euro r16. I think England's relationship with Spain is stronger. Jorginho being the only Italian player of note in the Premier league (i c u ogbonna) vs Thiago, Rodri, Azpilicueta (Dave lol), la porte ;), reguilon, de gea, bellerin, torres (ferran and el nino), and fan favorite Adama. Thus England would rather face Spain. So expect the refs to call it for Spain. Then call the Game for Eng in Spain vs Eng final. If Italy reach the final... stuff will happen so Eng win. If not Eng win World Cup 2022or 2026.

4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    [​IMG]

tudobem62014 repped this.
  5. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    After getting 5/8 quarterfinalists correct I'm only 1/4 for the semi-finalists. Major drop-off there.
    I aimed for better obviously.

After Belgium let me down (and kind of tarnished my solid reputation) I try my second chance.
    ENGLAND will now go on to win EURO 2020.

If I get this wrong too I won't post on this board until November 2022 when the World Cup comes around.

6. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    ^ If you're wrong keep posting anyways. There is good logic to how you pick which teams to progress. Most of these teams, at the quarter-final stage can beat each other on another day. Even Ukraine could get one over England on another day, it's just chances are England wins most days.

7. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Yup, these are 1 game winner-take-all matches, so the best team doesn't always come out on top. Keep your predictions going @Kamtedrejt, right or wrong.

8. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    If you watch back Spain vs England euro 1996. The ref makes England not lose. Even giving a yellow card to the Spanish attacker for diving which on replay is a clear penalty. This may well repeat itself if the England Spain Final happens. Giving England the crown they have been waiting for since 1966 (another Wembley win).

Descendents of the Roman Empire (Italy+uruguay+Argentina+Brazil) and Holy Roman Empire (Germany) had a lock on the World Cup. Until they let their friend Platini (Juventus)'s country win in 1998. This opened the door for Spain 2010 to also win.

England have to win on home soil and or in a country in their sphere of influence (Qatar, USA). Hopefully they win this Euro.

9. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    A beautiful mind ;)

10. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    They also called back a goal for Spain that was not offsides upon replay

11. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Case in point. If England play Spain in the final. Spain will not win.

12. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    My love of sport says Denmark, my brain has said Italy since I saw them in the run-up to the tournament.

Out of curiosity, how are Uruguay, Argentina and Brazil descendants of the Roman empire and France not? The only distant connection of the 3 South American nations is linguistic, but so are France and Spain.

Also as a descendant of an elector kingdom of the Holy Roman Empire, I now feel entitled to a World Cup.

13. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    I agree. The Pope is fixing the World Cup. Porco dio!

14. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    England are destined to win it at this point.
    Even if they would face Italy in the final.

15. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Italy will beat England

16. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    as an Italian.. i totallly get it.... nobody wants to be associated with the French LOL ;)

johnny6 repped this.
  17. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Amount of Italian immigrants:

"It's estimated that 45% of Uruguay's total population has Italian ancestry—rising to 65% in Montevideo, Uruguay's capital. The Italian influence is so strong that even though the Spanish language is the national language here, it's spoken with an Italian intonation" - internationalliving.com

18. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Italian is the largest ethnic origin of modern Argentines, after the Spanish immigration during the colonial population that had settled in the major migratory movements into Argentina. It is estimated that up to 30 million Argentines have some degree of Italian ancestry (62.5% of the total population). - Wikipedia

19. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Approximately 31 million Brazilians claimed to have Italian ancestry (approximately 15% of the population) making it the largest number of people with full or partial Italian ancestry outside Italy, with the Brazilian city of São Paulo being the most populous city with Italian ancestry in the world. - wikipedia

20. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    We live in a (post)-Covid world.
    Our lifes changed a lot.
    It remains to be seen whether and if so when do we'll get back to normal.

It would be quite fitting if 2021 leaves also its mark on Footballing terms.

England to win some silverware after 55 years drought.
    Argentina to win some silverware after 28 years drought.

It will happen folks.

21. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I agree. Messi will win. Roman Empire can't have Ronaldo having that international win over him.

2021 England win
    2022 England win
    2024 Germany or Italy
    2026 Italy win

22. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    1966. England vs Holy Roman Empire (Germany)
    1996. Czech Republic vs Holy Roman Empire (Germany)
    2021. England vs Roman Empire (Italy)

23. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Yes, bettering their 1966 record and winning a Championship with one match not at Wembley.

That will not happen unless the Championship is moved, since England have no matches at Wembley as it is now. England probably can win with one or even two matches on other Arenas, but not with all of them.

tudobem62014 repped this.
  24. Sam Miami

Sam Miami Member

Bayern Munich
    Germany
    Sep 11, 2019
    I scheduled a Cancun trip during semi-s and final, may as well have been in London. Bar was packed with England supporters. Might do it again for Qatar.

25. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    #250 Kamtedrejt, Jul 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
    Got the champions wrong.
    Got the biggest surprise correct.
    Got only one semi-finalist correct. It was Denmark.
    Ukraine did "surprise" . Scotland not.
    Got all my flops spot on.
    None of the teams I listed finished on 0 points. Finland 3 Poland 1 Hungary 2

All in all I think I did alright. But I wasn't spot on with the semi-finalists. Getting only one out of four right is pretty bad.

Every Four Years repped this.