Pre-match: [EURO 2021 - Group Stage] Germany vs France - 15 June [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by White/Blue_since1860, Jun 8, 2021.

?

Predict the result

1. Germany Win

47.4%
  2. Germany Lose

21.1%
  3. Draw

31.6%
  1. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'd love to be wrong a second time.

poorvi, Ator, dips82 and 1 other person repped this.
  2. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Germany to win 3-2. :)

Stanislaw repped this.
  3. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
  4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    who needs footy when you have Yugioh, LOL.

5. Germanyfan1993

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jun 17, 2018
    ugh i wanna see greizmann go down i was fuming when he was doing that drake dance everytime he scored against us in the euro semi finals.. hopefully we can get revenge and see him cry like in 2014 world cup haha

BorisG repped this.
  6. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He has been awful since joining Barca and I expect him not to perform very well in Euro

Fussballer and Blueberry_night repped this.
  7. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    • Alex C 1-1
    • Saj7866 1-1
    • BorisG 1-1
    • The Jitter Slitter 1-1
    • White/Blue since 1860 0-0
    • DEAD fingers - Draw
    • Ator 1-3
    • rj123 0-2
    • MatthausSammer 0-2
    • Stanislaw 1-2
    • Chris09 - loose
    • Blueberry_Night 2-0
    • Dips82 4-2
    • Aderthan 2-1
    • Poorvi 3-2
    • GermanyFan - Win
    • DSKY - Win
    • Band B - Win
    @Ger90 - very reserved hahahah

8. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    "Toni and I both know that we didn't exactly have a great day," said Gündogan before the match against Spain. It was a "bitter day" in Spain. That's why the ManCity star demanded: "Something like that mustn't happen to us anymore!"
    To prevent that from happening again, there was a Boss summit between Gündogan and Kroos!

The two veterans discussed in private at the preparation camp in Seefeld and these days in Herzogenaurach how they want to steer the DFB-Elf from the center.

"We talked about our position at the training camp and defined how we want to play and improve our defensive skills," revealed Gündogan.

"Defensive work plays an important role," said Gündogan. "It could be that we will give up possession against the French. We have to work even more aggressively against the ball. When we play with two sixes in front of the defense, it is extremely important that the three central defenders behind us help and with us." push forward. Everyone has to be aware of their role. "

The key to success for Gündogan is therefore possession of the ball: "We want to conquer a lot of balls and force the French to run after us."

This is exactly why Löw relies on Gündogan and Kroos, because their technical expertise enables them to give dominance to the German game. "We want the ball," said Kroos on Friday afternoon: "But it is important that we tactically change a few things compared to the 2018 World Cup and that we are in better shape." He added: "If we defend well as a team, I'm not worried."

@The Jitty Slitter so not quite what we thought - seems they want to keep possession of the ball as much as possible.

saj7866 and The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  9. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Possibly - I still think they will be a lot more direct than '18

It was interesting last night - Italy were quite successful pressing out of a medium pressing trap rather than a high press

BorisG repped this.
  10. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    BVBFNM repped this.
  11. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    As long as the whole team are willing to work hard off the ball then it's fine, this is where kroos and gundogan normally lack .

BorisG repped this.
  12. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Dawg is pretty good in defence for City

I still think the issues are tactical. Dawg is used to pressing high and shutting down the middle of the park - similar with Mueller and Goretzka

BorisG and saj7866 repped this.
  13. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not sure a medium pressing trap would have been as successful against France though. Turkey were like rabbits caught in headlights.

BorisG repped this.
  14. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    For city gundo debryune have fernandinio or Rodri around them, but in the champions league final peps grave error where he left both Rodri and fernandinio out city's midfield got badly over run which then exposed the normally citys strong defence.
    I really have my doubts over kroos gundo combo and specially against a powerful fast skillfull midfield of france

Blueberry_night and BorisG repped this.
  15. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    OK Guys - I just have to ask this again........

Now below is the exact same team as against Latvia and probably the players that will start , but with a small adjustment in setup .

So Kimmich moves back into DM and his best position and instead of Hummels playing the deep positioned DM Kimmich takes that role, and Gintner playing as RB - yes he might not have the same skill going forward but do we really want him to go forward.

Jogi can the react in the game - bring in Neuhaus or in future Gorestka into midfield , and at the back he can also bring in Sule. With this system Gosens might not be ideal, but I think against France we should focus on our defense more then our attack. With fast paced Gnabry, and as subs Werner and Sane we could hit them on counters.

Anyway just thought it interesting that the same players lined up a bit differently .

What do you guys think?????

[​IMG]

poorvi, Alex C and saj7866 repped this.
  16. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #91 BorisG, Jun 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
    As long as LOW and Kimmich know that against France he must play a very deep DM - even close to a CD ....????

[​IMG]

saj7866 repped this.
  17. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes that looks balanced, but did Loew not say kimmich will take up right wing back position?

18. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Anyone else worried about Neuer?

Doesn't seem to be a 100%. Also appears to be low on confidence. Weakest link in the chain. Along with Ginter.

19. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I am not worried…he will pull up his A game from the beginning of the match against France

20. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He did say so - but also read that they will have a final discussion this weekend and decide by Sunday or Monday .

But also think it looks a bit more balanced - but Jogi is set to play 3CB but at least hope he had looked at the option above.

21. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Shue that is an interesting question . I did say earlier that neuer could have done better here and there - but don’t think he lacks confidence nor believe he is the weakest link in the back line . He is solid but yes if we want to win the tourney he would need to save a few “un-saveable” opportunities.

poorvi repped this.
  22. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Wait what? Am I living in some sort of multiverse of madness here? Neuer is not God but to say he is the weakest link in the chain is really something.

BandB, Ator, BVBFNM and 1 other person repped this.
  23. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #98 BorisG, Jun 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    Voraussichtliche Aufstellung Kicker
    Neuer - Ginter, Hummels, Rüdiger - Kimmich, Gündogan, Kroos, Gosens - Havertz, T. Müller - Gnabry

Voraussichtliche Aufstellung
    Lloris - Pavard, Varane, Kimpembe, Hernandez - Kanté - Pogba, Rabiot - Griezmann - Benzema, Mbappé
    No surprise.here ...

Mathaus would play Werner over Gnabry - I would also like to see Werner get some time in the right formation - he is very quick and can open up spaces.... IF Jogi uses him the right way , I think Werner will have a good tourney

24. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Some more useless statistics...hahahaha

Staring Line up Germany total games played 601 - goals scores 98
    Starting Line up France total games played 637 - goals scored 100

That would give Germany with their straying line more goals scored per games played. :p

Cris 09 and BVBFNM repped this.
  25. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How many conceded??? :eek: