Euro 2020 - Tickets Thread

Discussion in 'Euro 2020 (2021)' started by noar1985, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yanited

Yanited New Member

Manchester United
    England
    Jul 6, 2019
    Demand has changed for Baku now (maybe for others but I don't remember what they were previously) - green for Cat 1&2 and yellow for Cat 3 for all games.

2. Douglas Campbell

BVB
    United States
    Mar 2, 2018
    Good work. Only thing left is about the phone numbers... Had forgotten I have a skype number. I can try that. Are google voice #s free?

3. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    probably sort of! UEFA does it over the waiting list. all unsuccessful applicants get an email with offer to buy available tickets and those who react fastest normally can see all categories while the slower ones either see only more expensive ticekts or none if sold out. only profiles that received the email offer can see the available tickets, the others can't.

it is left to be seen if this time all unsuccessful applicants will get an email, or only selected ones according to waiting list priority ... noone knows that yet!

4. Douglas Campbell

BVB
    United States
    Mar 2, 2018
    ^^FYI, I did a third app, and actually entered my skype number as my "mobile number", and it worked.

It seems this will mostly be paper tickets, but they are also testing out doing mobile/e-tickets?

5. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Anyone else getting an error when trying to submit?

6. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Ah, okay. Good point. I had assumed since England is hosting 3 group games that England would be playing in those 3 matches. Guess I have to look at the schedule more closely.

7. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    Three days left to apply for tickets for the biggest EURO ever!
    • UEFA EURO 2020 will be the biggest EURO ever with three million tickets available
    • 1.5 million tickets went on sale on 12 June 2019 and over 14 million tickets have been requested so far: a record level of demand for this competition
    • 11 of the 12 host stadiums have a capacity of 50,000 or more
    • There have been almost 500,000 tickets requested for the opening game in Rome on 12 June 2020
    • Demand for tickets among locals is highest in Saint Petersburg, London and Budapest; more than 50% of tickets requested in these cities have been ordered by supporters from the host country
    • Saint Petersburg has the highest local demand with 86% of ticket applications coming from Russia
    • The two semi-finals, which will be staged at Wembley, London, have received a total of approximately 1.5 million requests
    • The final, which will also be held at Wembley, has received almost 1.3 million ticket requests
    • On average, fans are applying for 12 tickets per application in at least two venues, which shows they are embracing the unique format of the competition, with 12 different venues around Europe
    • 51% of fans are applying for tickets in more than one venue.
    https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/news/newsid=2616359.html?iv=true

hearts123 and BocaFan repped this.
  8. am0985

am0985 Member

Oct 29, 2013
    So roughly 750k requests average for each of the semis and 1.3m for the final at Wembley!

Given there will be sponsors/commercial tickets and some will be fan specific tickets, maybe this is for only 50,000 tickets total? It seems absolutely inconceivable that there aren't well over 20,000 worth of category 1 applications out of those 1.3m, and yet the cat 1 is still in green. Definitely not accurate...

9. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    The one statistic they aren't telling us yet is how many of the applications are for CAT3. This will probably be revealed in another article once ballot applications close on Friday (and I'm guessing the total number of tickets applied for will rise to 17-18million by then). But this will certainly show that those vague ambiguous colour demand charts are all just a sales technique.

Ric_Braz and Steve Page repped this.
  10. Steve Page

Steve Page Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    At the end of the application period 4 years ago we had this:
    So already more demand for the final and a huge increase in demand for the semi finals of perhaps 50% or more (we don't have the figures from last time but obviously less than 550,000).

11. Steve Page

Steve Page Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It will be interesting to see the CAT3 stat.

I wonder if there will be as large a last minute rush as usual. Fewer people will be travelling for the early stages and applying for what they think is the easiest tickets. Germans know that Germany will play two matches in Munich so will apply there. Dutch supporters will go for Amsterdam for the similar reasons. Yes, they could end up getting the game they play elsewhere but it is all a gamble. There are more people than ever before living in the host cities or nearby as it is mostly capitals or the 2nd city of a country. No point in waiting when you know which stadium you want to go to. There is less reason to wait than usual.

themanlarry repped this.
  12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    So not even counting the semis and final, that's almost 10 applications per seat. Yikes!

13. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Given the figures revealed above what is your opinion now?

14. Steve Page

Steve Page Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It could scarcely have been designed to create a greater demand.

BocaFan repped this.
  15. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    So true. Could've had Paris instead of Baku and Sevilla instead of Bilbao but that's about it. :laugh:

16. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    It's still that Cat1 will be massively more likely to succeed than Cat3.

Applications for the final are up about 10% compared to last time (although there's still a few days left) and so is the stadium capacity. For the semifinals capacity is 50% higher. I don't spot anything to suggest it's radically more difficult this time?

17. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    CAT 3 is always going to be more difficult to get, did I say otherwise? The point I was making was it will not be easy to get ANY tickets and the likelihood of the guy who asked getting any tickets was very unlikely, you then replied to this with your comment suggesting I was wrong, or was I mistaken?.
    But hey ho it means nothing let's just hope we get what we want. :)

18. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    ^ I recounted my own experience with the 2016 final, and Cat1 in general.
    If 2/2 Cat1 successes last time wasn't a miraculous fluke then a Cat1 application this time should stand a chance, no? The odds don't seem to have got a lot worse.

19. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Surprisingly, applications for the semis and final are not as high as I would have thought. Overall (group-stage to quarters) is another story though...

20. Douglas Campbell

BVB
    United States
    Mar 2, 2018
    So, we don't know the times of the group stage matches yet, right? I guess it will depend on who is playing. I was thinking of going ahead and making some travel plans, but that depends in part on kickoff times... perhaps I'm jumping the gun a bit.

21. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    Just from what we can see on the Match Schedule (see link below). Group stage matches will kickoff at CET 15:00, 18:00 and 21:00 (third matches onwards 18:00 & 21:00), and especially on weekday you would think the earliest kickoffs (ie. first match of day) of the group stage will be in cities with the earlier timezone when applicable (eg. Baku, then StP/Bucharest, then all others except Dublin/Glasgow/London who are latest). For most we will have to wait until after the draw, but you can make little predictions, like when Baku and St. Petersburg are the same date it means the other match (Copenhagen, then Rome in that example) would most probably be the latest kickoff. Travel plans probably a little too soon (or has anyone booked flights already?), but accommodation book with free cancellation or airbnb superhosts with moderate/flexible cancellation policy.

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/competitions/General/02/59/00/08/2590008_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Is anyone planning on going to two quarterfinals?

Timanfaya repped this.
  22. Mokbel

Mokbel New Member

Jul 10, 2019
    Hello
    I would like to know the meaning of new tickets called fans first? In the final match?
    Does it mean i will only get tickets if my national Team arrived to finals?
    Thanks

23. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    There are approximately 13,000 CAT3 tickets sold for each semi-final and the final for a lower price than the usual CAT3 price (€85 SF, €95 Final instead of €195/€295). Everyone is eligible to apply for them irrespective of who you are supporting or nationality.

24. am0985

am0985 Member

Oct 29, 2013
    We made 8 applications for 4 x cat 1 2016 final tickets and only one succeeded - though this was a relief considering the money got taken off automatically. So I do think you were a bit lucky last time.

hearts123 repped this.
  25. am0985

am0985 Member

Oct 29, 2013
    We are planning to go to Munich and Rome QFs. There are three morning flights between Munich and Rome so if/when we find out we have the tickets we will book this ASAP. Will get booked out with various media and prices will be high surely.

themanlarry repped this.