Euro 2020 - Tickets Thread

Discussion in 'Euro 2020 (2021)' started by noar1985, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Pots confirmed as much as they can until playoffs

Attached Files:

popularside and BailzLad repped this.
  2. ratters

ratters Member

Leicester City
    England
    May 19, 2016
    Leamington Spa
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    There is a good chance of getting tickets for the group games if you already have been to at least one qualifying game and thus have at least two caps. Currently there are 13500 members with 12000 tickets and a ballot for 10% or maybe 30% depending on how many people apply. The other tickets are allocated based on number of caps. There are some good threads on forum below explaining more, you need to log on to see all the threads.

https://englandsupporters.thefa.com/fan-forums/

3. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I know it has been mentioned but can anyone categorically say that tickets can or will be sent out by UEFA or will they all have to be by phone app?

On the FA fan site it states with regards the friendly in march:-
    With Wembley set to host seven matches at EURO 2020, the England v Denmark fixture will be used as a test event ahead of the tournament.

This means that tickets purchased during the priority Travel Club sale will only be distributed via the Wembley Mobile Ticketing app. If you purchase tickets during the priority sale and do not have access to a compatible smartphone, it will not be possible to change the delivery method afterwards. You will either need to purchase during the free England Supporters Club sale or go to the West Ticket Office on matchday to receive a printed ticket.

The reason for this is to prepare supporters for the process at EURO 2020; during the tournament no print-at-home tickets will be available. All tickets to EURO 2020 will be issued via the mobile app, with the exception of supporters selected to collect from FA security.

4. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    Ric_Braz repped this.
  5. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    On another issue with the WC FIFA make it clear there are various sales phases in March and April etc. but UEFA say nothing except tickets for those fans of the countries which have qualified via the play offs. For those that went to France 2016 was there an official later sales phase? I can only think there must be as there are so many vagaries as to which teams are playing where and when.

6. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thank you for that and so to reiterate that presumably means any future sales, even the possible ones in December, will only be on phone app. Seems a big cut off as early as December with May be the delivery month.

7. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    The England game v Montenegro was trailed as well, England travel club members tkts were sent via an app

8. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    #1508 belfasteric, Nov 21, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    I remember buying my both semi final tkts for france at easter 2016 on the portal, they have stated there will be a resale platform as well. ps just looked the emails up was march28 2016 i bought the semi finals tkts.. You get the feeling reading the website there will be a portal for teams qualified and a general sales portal in dec

Attached Files:

9. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I spent hours on the portal. Even when I had all the tickets I needed I then spent hours trying to downgrade. The joy of snaffling a cat 3 Turkey v Croatia although offloading my Cat 1 was tough.

belfasteric repped this.
  10. RegularGuy

RegularGuy Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I bought three group game tickets for Budapest and Bucharest. Those look much less attractive now. The matchups won’t be known for months and one of those cities will necessarily end up hosting four games from the playoff winners, including two games from the minnows path D.And neither city will get to see the best team in either group, since Germany and Netherlands get to play all their games at home.

Having to reserve a potential home spot for Hungary and Romania ensured there will be no marquee matchups in these cities. This home preference really sucks. I hope Iceland come out of Path A but again it stinks not to know the games for three of my tickets until March.

11. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Interesting places to visit but down to standard of their national teams it was always going to be touch and go whether either of them would qualify so it was a big risk. Having said that you might still see some good games and as we have said on WC forums seeing the bigger teams certainly does not ensure a better match.

12. RegularGuy

RegularGuy Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good points. If I end up seeing Kosovo twice, so be it. There is also a chance that I will draw one or two of the 2 seed versus 3 seed games.

13. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    I'm in a similar boat re: Bucharest/Budapest, though I only have one match in each location. My first instinct was to be pleased when I saw that Romania and Hungary are in the same playoff path.....but if a host was playing rather than, say, Austria and Belarus it'd be a more unique atmosphere and an easier ticket to resell, most likely.

14. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, the draw was pretty rough on the host nations. Romania? Forget it. Scotland really needed to get the final at home to have a decent shot IMO. Ireland also drew away for the final. Hungary seems to have a reasonably good chance though.

15. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm think it will be Iceland, Bosnia, Norway & Kosovo. Though please bear in mind I am always wrong.

16. Steve Page

Steve Page Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    With some 3rd place teams getting through to the 2nd round you may get some exciting matches with smaller teams battling for those spots. You should be spared the possibility of a dead rubber.

RegularGuy repped this.
  17. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Depends just how bad they are relative to the other 3 team in the group, I suppose.

What I hate about the 24-team tournament format is that if a group has a very weak team relative to the others, then the entire set of 6 matches in that group becomes dead rubber (as such a group is very likely to have one of the best third-place teams and we have a strong idea which 3 teams those will be before a ball is ever kicked).

Ric_Braz repped this.
  18. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Three teams qualifying from a four team group is never a good thing. Still FIFA will embarrass themselves further with 2 qualifying from a three team group in 2026.

BocaFan and themanlarry repped this.
  19. Steve Page

Steve Page Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They didn't really have any other option in order to maximise greed and graft.

Ric_Braz repped this.
  20. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    Three teams advancing from a four-team group is a thousand times better than whatever the ******** FIFA is trying to do with three-team groups at the forthcoming expanded World Cup.

And I have to say that keeping more teams in the running for a knockout place going into the third matchday is a good thing for fans. How many meaningless, terrible third matches do we see at the World Cup?

21. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Portuguese person favours 3 teams advancing from group stages in Euros shock. ;);)

Ric_Braz repped this.
  22. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    I was only 99% sure that’d be the first response.

For what it's worth, Portugal was woefully unlucky in group play in 2016 and started its final match knowing a draw would be enough to send it through. Its true bit of good fortune came when Iceland scored late to beat Austria and send Portugal to the weaker half of the knockout bracket.

I don't love the tournament format that includes third-place teams in the knockouts, but it works and is far from uncommon. And I think 16 teams is too few for the Euros these days.

23. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Out of interest what did people 'tick' for their allegiances for countries as I noticed some people saying on the England travel board that they think the 'other' button is for people who are not following a team but just general sales. I would be surprised if it made any difference but originally I ticked England and was more than surprised to be get no tickets in the previous rounds.

[​IMG]As per the next post.

24. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    upload_2019-11-28_10-19-24.png

Attached Files:

25. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I understand your comment about dead rubbers but with 3 qualifying from from it makes the seeded team's progression almost certain with very little jeopardy.