Euro 2020 - Tickets Thread

Discussion in 'Euro 2020 (2021)' started by noar1985, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Definitely wait and definitely don't use Vianogo or Stubhub. It will not be necessary and only fuels an already unpleasant and unnecessary trade. As we have seen so many times for difficult games for the World Cups tickets regularly come back on sale in the spring for numerous reasons and if you have not managed to get any in the next phase just keep regularly looking at the official sites prior to the tournament as most people with a bit of effort get what they want.

2. detredwin

detredwin Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. I have been able to get tickets during the spring sales for 2006 WC and 2008 Euro, but those games were group games. With the Round of 16, I am trying to figure it out if the demand for those would be higher (theoretically more meaningful games) or lower (no guaranty of any particular team being in those games) once the draw comes out and spring rolls around. I guess I will wait and see. Also, Stubhub is OK, I used it to both buy tickets for the Hockey World Cup in Canada 4 years ago and to sell my tickets for the Copa America games here in Chicago 2 years ago. But I have never used Viagogl so a bit apprehensive of using the site I never heard of until I searched for the Euro 20202 tix.
    Anyhow, thank you once again for your thoughts, I appreciate them.

Gary

3. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes but these ticket platform exist making more people who have no interest in going to sporting events buy tickets and stick them on there at inflated rates. I know from previous posts people in the US generally cannot see what the problem is with this but it does make it more difficult for the real supporters to get tickets.Out of nativity and desperation in the past I twice used Stubhub. Once for a ticket to a concert at the Albert hall. All arranged and then later cancelled on me with no word of an explanation. the second was a play off final paid the earth for the ticket and did not even get the category I had paid for. Apart from that the internet is full of stories of people being let down.
    In terms of the knockout I do think they will be easier because as you say people don't know who will be in them. Groups more difficult because of the 'home' game aspect.

popularside repped this.
  4. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    They should be much easier than group games in those venues. These games cannot involve the home sides. Normally knockout games are much easier to get than group games apart from the final.

I would definitely wait and try in the next phases. Those games involve runners up so tough to guess who will be there. I know some England fans who have booked Dublin for the Rof16 have also booked Dublin to Copenhagen flights as a fallback however I cannot see too many buying tickets.

5. detredwin

detredwin Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Thank you both for your thoughts, very helpful!!!

mojo54 repped this.
  6. mojo54

mojo54 Member

May 18, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I have experienced the most shameful behavior by Viagogo and will NEVER use them again. Reneged on extremely expensive committed tickets, provided no access to higher level to complain, consistent lies and beyond pathetic service.

Douglas Campbell and Ric_Braz repped this.
  7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Just noticed that the email from UEFA about applying for a fanID went to my SPAM folder and was sitting in there for 2 days. Just happened to see it by blind luck as I rarely ever check that folder.

So check your SPAM folder if you have tickets for St. Petersburg games and haven't seen an email yet.

8. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    There is also a ticket exchange thread here on BigSoccer. It is quite active during International tournaments. So make sure you post there with what you are looking for when the time comes. Also, update your signature on the forum to display what tickets you are after. I usually do this to show others what games I'm going to or what extras I have.

Charlie_USA repped this.
  9. dror_khayat

dror_khayat Member

Jul 27, 2004
  10. Paul Eastwood

Paul Eastwood Red Card

Feb 18, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Based on past experience you will have absolutely no problem whatsoever picking up tickets for them games, the semis and final may be difficult..... however I'd imagine be all sorts available at the next batch online for a start.

Then you will be able to check varous days / pick stuff up.

Even traveling without a ticket you'll meet / get chatting to people and all sorts will pop up on the ticket portal.

Be fine.

11. sapporo

sapporo Member

Nov 16, 2011
    #1486 sapporo, Nov 14, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    From the BBC - After tonight's game against Montenegro we know England will have 3 group games at Wembley, in group D. Should
    England win Group D, they would face the runners-up of Group F (the group which could contain Germany and/or Romania) in Dublin.
    Win that and it would be a quarter-final in Rome - against Spain if La Roja win their group and last-16 tie.

If England finish second in Group D. They would play the Group E runners-up - a group containing Spain and potentially the Republic of Ireland - in Copenhagen. Their prospective quarter-final would be in St Petersburg, possibly against Germany.
    Of course, both Semi-Finals and Final will be at Wembley.

Anybody want to swap a last 16 Wembley for a last 16 Dublin or QF in Rome. :)

12. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    This will be the England supporters allocation

Attached Files:

Ric_Braz repped this.
  13. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    very interesting thanks.

Dublin is very low for competing countries. It will be a ticket nightmare if Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland play in Dublin.

14. MartijnR

MartijnR Member

Mar 9, 2016
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    This is Hungary, not Romania, right?
    Romania might go to the group with The Netherlands, if they quality via playoffs.

15. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Does anyone know exactly when in December the next phase will be?

16. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't envy those that intend to follow their teams throughout the tournament as so little time to make arrangements in any number of countries. I am not against a one off share of the tournament between 12 countries but after the group stage its a bit of a minefield. England could play in any one of five venues in the 2nd round and then any one of four different ones in the Quarters.

17. ratters

ratters Member

Leicester City
    England
    May 19, 2016
    Leamington Spa
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    According to the English FA, UEFA are now restricting fans to a max of 7 tickets for the whole tournament. Seems odd to change the rules now...

"2018-2020 Travel Club members will be able to submit their applications for England match tickets during the December application window via UEFA's website. UEFA have advised that fans applying for tickets will be restricted to a total number of seven (7) matches throughout the whole tournament. This number includes any applications made via UEFA's General Public sale in June 2019 and/or any applications made via the Travel Club for England matches. "

18. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It should have been 7 games in the first place, as with the World Cup, but as ticketing has just been a comedy of errors so far they probably forgot all about it.

19. ratters

ratters Member

Leicester City
    England
    May 19, 2016
    Leamington Spa
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Maybe a hidden rule used to reject many applications first time round.

20. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Austria and holland have put something similar out to their fans, obviously this is for fans in both countries loyalty schemes. Seems uefa portal will open to them between dec 4th and 18th

Attached Files:

21. BailzLad

BailzLad Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Is it too late to sign up for England away travel membership? I have the normal fan membership but was wondering if signed up now I would be able to apply for tickets at Wembley group stages.

thanks

22. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Main problem is for Englands 3 group games at Wembley they're getting 12,000 tkts, theres 15,000 members in the travel membership. So it comes down to a points system on games attended

23. BailzLad

BailzLad Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Ah fair enough, no point then. Will have to try and somehow get them another way.

24. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    They do ballot some tickets among members on Zero/low points. So you would have a chance. However not worth £75 p.a. unless you plan on going regularly after the Euros.

BailzLad repped this.
  25. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Wales informing their fans they will send access codes in a staggered mannor, top points in their red wall loyalty pot is 51 and work there way down sending codes between dec 4 and 18th

Attached Files: