Euro 2020 - Tickets Thread

Discussion in 'Euro 2020 (2021)' started by noar1985, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarneyG

BarneyG Member

None
    Mar 16, 2016
    Club:
    Everton FC

Echoing the previous post.

I would say if you look at the UK Covid rates in maybe 4-6 weeks time to see how it’s fairing, that’ll give you a fair reflection on how well open up.

Ive mentioned previously they are introducing a traffic light system here and whilst that will be reviewable, it will be an extremely limited amount of countries which are classified as “green”, which is just proving you do not have COVID, before arriving.

Amber Which is majority of Europe, will require isolation on arrival for 10 days and Red will be paying £1750 to isolate on official accommodation.

I love football, but I’m sure that the government will not be being flexible for Football fans from acrosss the globe unless they know it’s safe.

Real Mardin and Ric_Braz repped this.
  2. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    What about exception if you have been vaccinated? I see nor reason why they would not let in vaccinated fans.

3. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Governments are being very slow at setting up internationally accepted proofs of vaccination, and there is political resistance, misguided in my view. June might be too soon for it all to come together, UK took an age to put together a reliable Covid app. Testing will likely still be required, and quarantine depending on your country of origin.

4. mkdaman1818

mkdaman1818 Member

Manchester United
    Canada
    Feb 16, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The heavy rumor right now is Sevilla is getting Bilbao’s matches... if so, I might be inclined to go there instead of Budapest, cause it’s one of my favorite places in Europe... we shall see

popularside repped this.
  5. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    So basically we should know by Monday the latest about all the venues for all matches with an interval of possible attandence? Or they countries have deadline by Monday and they will inform us Tuesday. We will have 2-3 days to decide about those matches to keep or send back tickets..

6. BarneyG

BarneyG Member

None
    Mar 16, 2016
    Club:
    Everton FC

The final deadline to confirm is Monday, is it not?

So in theory, it should be next week, but maybe Monday will be a stretch.

7. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    As they increased by three days to 22nd to return tickets I think they will be sticking to 19th. I think Dublin was stopped some time ago but will be interesting to see who gets Munich's games.

8. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I assume they will give another chance to return tickets before having a lottery to decide who loses out. This is just me guessing though as it might get a few extra back and save someone who is really keen to go losing out.

9. generals soccer

Feb 7, 2006
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is the timeline we (our group) are working off of at the moment:
    • April 19: remaining 3 host cities make a final (seems like Spain will just move to Sevilla so really where do Dublin and Munich go).
    • April 20: UEFA congress to confirm everything
    • April 22: refund window closes
    • Early May?: UEFA will hold the lottery for any matches that are oversubscribed and inform ticket holders.
    • They had mentioned cities could adjust the percentages up until the end of the month at one point? Not sure any city is in the position to do that though.
    • May 15: is our drop dead date to finalize whether we are traveling based on ticket losses and the status of the UK/US corridor.

Kibic1985 and popularside repped this.
  10. Kibic1985

Kibic1985 New Member

Bordeaux
    Poland
    Feb 26, 2020
    I've just read in polish press that UEFA wants London for Dublin games but The English Football Association prefer Manchester or Newcastle.

11. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I do hope it is Manchester rather than Newcastle. Not sure how a Polish newspaper knows then when there is no mention in the English press of Newcastle being thought of.

12. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Gdansk are supposed to be punting for a game or two after holding the Europa League Final. Quite handy for me if they manage it, direct flight from Aberdeen.

13. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    As reported in the Aberdeen evening express.

14. generals soccer

Feb 7, 2006
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What games are the rumor? Dublin? Munich?

15. Kibic1985

Kibic1985 New Member

Bordeaux
    Poland
    Feb 26, 2020
    This news has been given by one of the best polish sport journalist. I also read an article from one of journalist of TVP (Polish Television, broadcaster of EURO2020 in Poland), that Dublin can be replaced by London, Manchester, Glasgow or... Copenhagen. Too many rumours... there is nothing else to do but to wait and see on Monday/Tuesday.

Real Mardin repped this.
  16. Real Mardin

Real Mardin Member

Galatasaray & Nottingham Forest
    Turkey
    Aug 22, 2019
    An English venue where people can get to the game without having to risk using the underground during a pandemic could be appealing to many people, myself included.

I watched a couple of matches at Newcastle during the 2012 Olympics and to be honest I’d be happier going up there than risking the London Underground given the current climate.

Before anyone points it out, I appreciate Newcastle has a Metro too, but the difference is you can get to St James Park without using the Metro if you choose. Much harder to get to Wembley without using the underground.

17. mkdaman1818

mkdaman1818 Member

Manchester United
    Canada
    Feb 16, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I feel like Manchester or Liverpool would be safer in that regard? Overground trams and otherwise easy roadways.

18. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not really there is a far better, less busy overground service from Marylebone Station to Wembley and is always very sparsely used.

Timanfaya repped this.
  19. Real Mardin

Real Mardin Member

Turkey
    Aug 22, 2019
    Yes Ric but "very sparsely used" is sort of the point, isn't it? Fair play to you for sharing the info but the vast majority of people going to matches at the Euros (or subsequent matches) aren't going to be using the overground service from Marleybone, they're going to be taking their chances in the underground.

20. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    According to the french newspaper Le Figaro, Dublin will be replaced by Manchester..munich by Gdansk.
    This will be announced on Monday

21. BarneyG

BarneyG Member

None
    Mar 16, 2016
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Liverpool is fine, but the issue with Anfield is that I don’t believe they have the best relationships with the FA, due to their stance on a certain newspaper, so Liverpool is more than likely off table if The FA have a say.

Newcastle is a fine option for me, Etihad in Manchester is also more acceptable, I’d be inclined to choose than as it’s got greater transport links for fans, a higher capacity (more when it’s 25%) and they’ve done a lot around the stadium to ensure it could be friendly and safe for fans to travel.

Real Mardin and mkdaman1818 repped this.
  22. BarneyG

BarneyG Member

None
    Mar 16, 2016
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Unless Poland are offering really high capacity, seems like a really small Stadium to choose, doesn’t it?

It’s capacity for the Europa League Final was about 38,000 after the restrictions.
    Either way, it will be good for fans to attend and would make sense for Germany to not be as keen due to their hosting of Euro 2024.

23. mkdaman1818

mkdaman1818 Member

Manchester United
    Canada
    Feb 16, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Gdansk would really surprise me, but I guess we’ll see. I’d think they’d put the QF at least in a bigger ground.

24. Real Mardin

Real Mardin Member

Turkey
    Aug 22, 2019
    If it is to be Gdansk that replaces Munich, surely only fair that they give Poland some home matches? This should be possible if Dublin is indeed to lose its matches?

25. petschovschi

petschovschi Member

May 7, 2018
    Maybe Gdansk will replace Dublin and Manchester will replace Munchen. Seems to be more logic.

Petersonnn and Real Mardin repped this.