Euro 2020 - Tickets Thread

Discussion in 'Euro 2020 (2021)' started by noar1985, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petschovschi

petschovschi Member

May 7, 2018
    In just few days (maybe even tomorrow) UEFA will provide official infos. Maybe it's better to be patient, instead to make a lot of useless suppositions.

2. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    The Basque Government said they would only allow fans in if 60% of the population of the Basque country and rest of Spain are vaccinated by June 14th, which Madrid says is impossible, so Bilbao very unlikely.

3. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So looks like Wembley will be hosting every game then.

4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I think there is a bigger problem for fans flying in from the US though. If stadiums are only going to be 20-30% filled it is going to be very difficult to secure tickets for multiple matches well in advance. So, is it really worth the huge expense to fly into a pandemic-ridden continent just to attend one game with lame atmosphere both in and outside the stadium?

Not really, I'd say.

LaParka710 repped this.
  5. generals soccer

Feb 7, 2006
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Totally understand that perspective, I guess it depends on the overall plan. Wife and I are planning 10 days in Croatia this summer. If I could connect it with a match (even a single one with less atmosphere), I probably would go for it. Would not fly over though for one match or without at least 2-3 secured.

BocaFan repped this.
  6. generals soccer

Feb 7, 2006
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are we assuming that like final capacity numbers, who can enter the games would be city/site specific? I could see England or Russia allowing US fans in, but probably not other sites like Germany.

7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah and then the next question is, when will we know how many matches we have tickets for? I mean, flight prices to Europe in June are still reasonable if I buy them right now but they are going to start going up any day.

Problem is I can't see a definite answer being given to us by UEFA this month. Too many things still need to happen before we know for sure that the tickets we are currently holding will still be valid. Probably another refund phase after Apr 19 followed by a lottery phase. It's going to be well into May before we have this answer I think.

LaParka710 repped this.
  8. petschovschi

petschovschi Member

May 7, 2018
  9. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Think a travel corridor between UK and the US is possible given both country's rapid vaccination, assuming we don't get a surge and yet another lockdown like France. Suspect UEFA might announce fairly soon that only tickets bought through national associations will be valid, their rules on Champions League and Europa League matches seem to cover all venues. Sorry to be gloomy and things could rapidly change for the better if vaccination kicks off herd immunity. One tabloid is saying we'll be there by Monday which I think is a tad optimistic!

10. ChristianRevolution

Oct 27, 2017
    Amen.

11. ChristianRevolution

Oct 27, 2017
    yes I would. Same for Senegal. Because there is a logical and reasonable reason to believe that the yellow fever exists there and there has been no sizeable side effects for this vaccine.
    The situation with Covid is a worldwide tyranny , full of dark and obscure illogical things , i do not believe the covid narrative at all.
    I can understand that one particular part of the world has to struggle with a specific disease and it makes sense. That the super covid is everywhere in the entire world and requires mass vaccination for any normal thing is totally abnormal. In the country where I am eveyrthing is open : cafe , bars , restaurants , shoppping malls , any type of shop , association , activity etc.... and yet the numbers (cases) are similar to other countries with full confinement.
    The political answers to this manufactured covid crisis are staggering. It is paving the way for a full slavery of humanity.
    And i am not talking with the new technology of vaccine which will be mandatory to all of us and our children.
    But I guess this is not the right forum for this.

This covid goes way beyond "science". It is a big historical change in humanity and we should resist as much as we can.
    Football is a religion to me ( even if im very religious) but i m better off watching it with my son on tv than risking my life and my honor for my individualistic needs.

I have too much respect for humanity to lose myself in superficial pleasures anymore.

And im not talking about the fact that it is totally discriminating. On the basis of what I am not able to watch a football match but another guy who made the choice ( he can do it if he wants) to take an experimental vaccine can go there ? it is dividing humanity and it will not end well.

12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I found when people have said this its usually because they aren't very good at understanding numbers. That's okay, we can't all be good at math. I suck at religion so let's call it even. :)

But which country are you in, out of curiosity?

13. mkdaman1818

mkdaman1818 Member

Manchester United
    Canada
    Feb 16, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I’ve already got my flights and hotels booked (basically rescheduled from last year) and I have a friend who lives in Germany so we’re definitely looking at going to some matches, regardless of socially distanced atmosphere. Definitely worth it for me IMO

Wern repped this.
  14. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes went back to very partial normal for one day, Christmas day, and a week later we have 68,000+ cases in a day. What is it people refuse to understand about a pandemic? The misnamed Spanish flu would be a start.

Real Mardin and LaParka710 repped this.
  15. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I really, really hope you are correct in this but struggle to have an optimism when cases are going up in Europe and regulations being tightened just 10 weeks before it starts.

Real Mardin repped this.
  16. EuroSpades

EuroSpades Member

Manchester United
    England
    Feb 21, 2020
    If there is a digital covid passport for the UK, how will this work with foreign travellers? I think the logistics of allowing foreign fans to attend large events would be a challenge. Maybe I'm wrong and it is an easy one to solve but keeping tickets for domestic residents does simplify things somewhat.

17. mkdaman1818

mkdaman1818 Member

Manchester United
    Canada
    Feb 16, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    What’s really surprising me right now is how behind Europe is as a whole on vaccinations. I would have thought they’d have more supply than they do. If they can step it up then they’ve got a chance to open up capacities significantly

18. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    "some matches" is worth it IMO, but we don't know how many matches we'll be able to attend until after the lottery that will inevitably be needed at some point.

19. mkdaman1818

mkdaman1818 Member

Manchester United
    Canada
    Feb 16, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    There may be a huge influx of tourist cash involved if you allow foreign fans to attend, so it may be in their best interest to start a vaccine passport for this tournament. Hotels and restaurants could definitely use it.

20. mkdaman1818

mkdaman1818 Member

Manchester United
    Canada
    Feb 16, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Depends on what each host nation’s regulations are, and ultimately how many matches are oversubscribed after all the refunds are done. Im not convinced they’ll need lotteries just yet. Plus there’s a real chance nations will expand capacity estimates as the months go on, meaning even more tickets available at FCFS phase

21. petschovschi

petschovschi Member

May 7, 2018
    As a personal opinion, every fan who has a ticket and can provide documents regarding vaccination (or a PCR test) should be able to enter in the country. This should be a condition imposed by UEFA to all venues.

Petersonnn and mkdaman1818 repped this.
  22. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Choosing to confine yourself and your son at home watching TV to make a political point is a strange way of expressing your freedom.

Wern, Gazza66, Ric_Braz and 1 other person repped this.
  23. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    The EU messed up badly spending months haggling with producers to get rock bottom prices for something that's relatively cheap compared to the benefit, while the UK and US gambled on an array of different vaccines and pumped money into setting up production very early. It's about the only thing the UK's done right.

24. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    I find it interesting that people here from Europe for the most part are thinking that they should/will only allow residents while people from America (and other places) for the most part are thinking let us in as we should be good. I'm not judging anyone saying the latter as I totally get it, but wonder if it kinda provides an insight into UEFA's thinking as well.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with this because I don't see UEFA making some quick decision even though they should do so. Even if they let in every resident of a country into matches, it might get to the point that it will be a hassle to plan your trip to even go because you do not know where you can even attend and where you may get your tickets refunded. If they do wait until May, that also points to them just letting in residents to matches to me.

Real Mardin repped this.
  25. detredwin

detredwin Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Boca, I am not sure lottery would be the way they go. I can see them take away all singles, and then all doubles, and then see where they are number-wise. If distancing is on their mind, they would surely prefer as many large groups as possible as you don't need to distance within the group.