Euro 2020 - Tickets Thread

Discussion in 'Euro 2020 (2021)' started by noar1985, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olegrussia

Olegrussia New Member

AC Milan
    Russia
    Apr 1, 2021
    You're right, it's a bit funny,but the point is not to protect yourself before a specific match, but to involve as many people as possible in vaccination

2. generals soccer

Feb 7, 2006
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw a brief bit about May 17th being the earliest reopening for international travel and using a traffic light system to determine the need for quarantine, etc. Any more details from those in the UK?

3. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Luxembourg
    Feb 20, 2020
    Thanks for the dates! I think I am just going to tap out with my tickets at this point including the London match. Who knows what they are going to do with refunds after the 19th? Frankly, I would rather be disappointed while making the choice myself than getting disappointed by UEFA when they tell me no outsiders are allowed in or I lose in the lottery. I have tickets in Budapest, London, and Copenhagen and if I lose one or two tickets, it's really not worth going financially.

4. KWE61

KWE61 New Member

Feb 19, 2020
    After reading about the Boris Johnson presser today, i am now leaning towards returning my tix before April 19. Flying from Canada, there is too much uncertainty about what the rules and requirements will be to enter the UK in late June let alone even attend the matches for the 3 games at Wembley i have tix for. I will have had my second AZ shot by early June at the latest so I will be fine on that front but if UK residents won't even know until mid-May on whether and where they can even travel I am literally running out of runway to book flights and accommodation... first world problem I know but I was really looking forward to this trip... sigh...

On a related angle, if I visit the UK in September/October, assuming things are okay on the COVID front, any suggestions for matches/stadiums outside of London with good atmosphere to get my footie fix? Are "hospitality tix" of good value in other locations?

LaParka710 and Real Mardin repped this.
  5. Real Mardin

Real Mardin Member

Galatasaray & Nottingham Forest
    Turkey
    Aug 22, 2019
    The Prime Minister has just given a press conference on the matter and no, sadly there were no further details released regarding international travel and the traffic light system.

It had already been leaked that the traffic light system will work as follows:

Green - no restrictions.

Amber - quarantine for 10 days on arrival at home / a place of your choice (can be reduced if you post a negative Covid test on Day X albeit you have to pay for the test (price not known).

Red - 10 days quarantine at a hotel designated by the government (this is currently in place and the guest has to pay a fee of £1750).

Ric_Braz repped this.
  6. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    You'll be welcome up at Grant Street in Inverness to see the mighty Clachnacuddin take on all comers and probably lose valiantly. Pay for hospitality and you'll get the keys to Merkinch, and the belles of the Nip Inn! You might have to google a bit for clarity....

7. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Luxembourg
    Feb 20, 2020
    I'm biased, but I love Goodison Park and you can get great tickets through StubHub pre-pandemic. I also had a really good time at St. Mary's in Southampton. I went to Old Trafford as well just because that feels like one of those places you have to go.

8. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    My favourite ground in England used to be Upton Park, sadly no more.

9. belfasteric

belfasteric Member

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Looks like we will know soon which stadiums

Attached Files:

LaParka710, luck2607 and Ric_Braz repped this.
  10. generals soccer

Feb 7, 2006
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Kibic1985

Kibic1985 New Member

Bordeaux
    Poland
    Feb 26, 2020
    I've just seen in The Sun that Dublin will be replaced by Manchester (Etihad)

12. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Luxembourg
    Feb 20, 2020
    The most important part of that tweet probably is the response the reporter gives on how he doesn't even think he (and foreign fans) will be able to travel.

upload_2021-4-6_17-6-34.png

13. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Source on Scottish radio this morning says UEFA will be told that Hampden will be open to from 12-15 thousand fans, so 25-30% which will probably satisfy them.

LaParka710 and Ric_Braz repped this.
  14. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    Holland have also committed to atleast 12,000 capacity for Euro 2020 matches in Amsterdam.

There have been three test pilot matches in recent months and plans are now in place for more professional football matches to serve as limited capacity test pilots at the end of April in the Eredivisie and 2nd Division.

https://euro2020amsterdam.nl/scenario-bekend-12-000-toeschouwers-in-johan-cruijff-arena/

LaParka710, Ric_Braz and popularside repped this.
  15. ChristianRevolution

Oct 27, 2017
    Any chance for normal people to travel to another country for a football match without test (and of course without vaccination) ?
    if the answer is no i will never go to a stadium again.

My freedom is not negotiable. Screw the covidiots willing to comply with the devil for a ball game.

16. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Luxembourg
    Feb 20, 2020
    Well, you have been to your last match then. I hope it was a memorable one!

Wern, Gazza66, Ric_Braz and 1 other person repped this.
  17. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Assume no games in Dublin now. FAI not withdrawing but putting ball firmly in UEFA's court.

No chance our government allowing fans in.

Statement from FAI re EURO 2020 Submission

The Football Association of Ireland, on advice and guidance from the Government, has today notified UEFA that owing to the COVID-19 pandemic it is not in a position at this point to provide assurances on minimum spectator levels at the UEFA EURO 2020 matches due to be held in Dublin in June. In so doing, we have advised UEFA that the matter will be kept under review and that the Dublin LOS team including Government will continue to discuss all issues with UEFA on an ongoing basis.

All partners of the Local Organising Structure – Government, the FAI, Aviva Stadium and Dublin City Council - recognise the challenges presented by spectator attendance at Aviva Stadium for the scheduled hosting of four matches at EURO 2020 this summer and that public health issues are the most important consideration in the organisation of the project.

FAI Chief Executive Jonathan Hill said: “We have made our submission to UEFA today and now await their response once submissions from all 12 host cities have been received and considered.”

LaParka710 and Ric_Braz repped this.
  18. ChristianRevolution

Oct 27, 2017
    Absolutely. Russia 2018 will remain my only and last world cup.
    My children shouldn't be part of this mess.
    Their soul must remain intact.
    There is no objective reason to submit to this coronacircus and to the vaccination apart from PURE EGOTISM .

We must reject in block these unfair attempts to control our life.
    I am calling for everyone on here to be strong and to overcome the passion of football to protect humanity.

Forcing vaccination and tests (which is rape technically) for accessing a football competition to fight a so called pandemics which kills 0.001% and with same numbers in all the world ( lockdown or not , vaccination or not) is an insult to human intelligence.

Guys get yourself together , dont feed the beast.

19. belfasteric

belfasteric Member

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Scotland

Attached Files:

petschovschi repped this.
  20. BarneyG

BarneyG Member

None
    Mar 16, 2016
    Club:
    Everton FC

Not entirely sure how to feel about 25%.

I’ve only got the €50 tickets, so not entirely sure I’ll be getting tickets now, unfortunately.

Does anyone know how many tickets have been been sold for each venue? Is it all of them? Or did they hold some back for further sales?

21. Amber and Blue

Amber and Blue New Member

Slough Town
    England
    Feb 14, 2020

I have to say that I agree with most of what ChristianRevolution says.
    I love my football.
    Euro 2020 was going to be my 7th major International Tournament, my first one being Spain in 1982.I know this is a football forum and not one about "you know what", but if I have to get a "vaccine passport" or suchlike to get in to see a game of football, I won't do it. I'm already accepting the fact that almost certainly i won't be able to go to watch my local team every week as I have done for nearly 50 years, whenever our season may start up again. Wembley is only a short distance from me and at the moment I'm keeping my Wembley tickets in the diminishing hope that because the vaccine programme will not be complete by June/July there may be some method of getting in to see the games without any need for a "Government Freedom Pass". ( If you need a "pass" from the Government to be free then you are not free.) I hope that I am wrong, I hope this so much, but "vaccine passports " to me are the first stage of a process that will lead to a horrible and terrible life for us ordinary people.

ChristianRevolution and Petersonnn repped this.
  22. petschovschi

petschovschi Member

May 7, 2018
    #5997 petschovschi, Apr 7, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    https://www.sportschau.de/fussball/...-laender-stellen-plaene-vor-muenchen-100.html

I found this article, I don't know how reliable is. Anyway, it seems that Dublin will be out. On the other hand, London, St-Petersburg, Amsterdam, Copenhague, Glasgow, Bucharest and Bilbao seems to be sure about their places. All those cities guaranteed spectators in stadiums (in different numbers).

About Rome I know they promised spectators. Just that, without a specific number and without infos about the access of spectators. They said those things will be decided in the future, based on the evolution of pandemy (I don't know if this will be enough for UEFA).

At this point, I would prefer to choose the safest choice. UEFA should remove the venues which didn't offer guarantees and move those games in England (or Russia).

23. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It would be a bloody sight worse life/death if no one bothered with precautions. So many people have had to put up with so much that not being able to go to a football match should rather pale into insignificance. I am equally frustrated as everyone else. It would be my 11th tournament but I don't reckon I am in the 90% of people who have been through hell one way or another. Everyone's 'freedom' has been affected. Hopefully the hardship gone through will benefit in the end and as for the Government what other choices have they had in the last few months? Having said all that how people are yet again able to go to the Crucible theatre for the snooker, in a couple of weeks, is beyond me.

Wern, M, Real Mardin and 2 others repped this.
  24. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    So it seems like there's quite a bit of trouble and disagreement between the Spanish FA and the Basque Government's requirements and currently this would make it quite difficult to proceed with hosting Euro2020 matches in Bilbao (despite earlier reports).

Today's UEFA deadline for capacity submissions has now been extended to April 28th.

LaParka710 repped this.
  25. generals soccer

Feb 7, 2006
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everything I have seen indicated they have until that date to modify their capacity up, but the deadline was still today with a notification from UEFA on Friday.

themanlarry and petschovschi repped this.