Euro 2020 - Tickets Thread

Discussion in 'Euro 2020 (2021)' started by noar1985, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    #5951 welshbairn, Apr 1, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    Hungary did similar for the UEFA Super Cup last September, when the borders were closed to everyone else. My friend had to cancel his wedding to his Hungarian fiancé, but the football bubble was created for fans to get in and out. Not my kind of thing at all.

LaParka710 repped this.
  2. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    Yeah, I don't really imagine a scenario where I would be willing to be treated like cattle for a football match. Especially if it is anything like the Russia one described earlier.

3. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You clearly did not go to any games in the UK in the 1970s or 1980s then.

4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Getting my first jab on Wednesday so should be fully vaccinated by mid May.

The bad news is this makes my decision about refunding my tickets or not more difficult. Hoping more information will be coming our way before Apr 19 to help with that decision.

LaParka710 and themanlarry repped this.
  5. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    Haha, I was only born in the 1980's!

6. Paul Eastwood

Paul Eastwood Red Card

Feb 18, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    For Zenit 4 Akhat Gromky 0, there was Attendance: 22,551 the other week.

I'd be very interested what Zenit get gate wise for the Lokomotiv game in May...........

7. Real Mardin

Real Mardin Member

Galatasaray & Nottingham Forest
    Turkey
    Aug 22, 2019
    And I would be very interested whether Covid-19 cases increase in St Petersburg after such a game......... :(

8. Real Mardin

Real Mardin Member

Galatasaray & Nottingham Forest
    Turkey
    Aug 22, 2019
    So the news this morning in the UK is that there will be a test run of "Vaccine Passports" at the FA Cup semi-final and final. We already knew that 20000 would be admitted as part of a test run but the "Vaccine Passport" will restrict entry to:

1. Those with proof of a vaccine
    2. Those who have natural immunity from having had Covid-19
    3. Those who give a negative lateral flow test

3 is presumably to get round the delay to the vaccination schedule meaning most football age attending people aren't vaccinated but seems to be a big flaw in the security of the process not to mention would cause logistical issues getting in and out of the ground (it was reported tests would also occur after the game).

Is this the blueprint for the Euros I wonder?

LaParka710 and themanlarry repped this.
  9. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Hopefully there will be an app that will have evidence of vaccination and negative lateral flow test within 48 hours before or something. Imagine testing 20,000 people who have to hang around for a result and reading letters from their doctors proving vaccination, outside the ground before the game.

LaParka710 repped this.
  10. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    I heard a couple of weeks ago that Zenit was giving away vaccines when you attend their matches.

Paul Eastwood and glennaldo_sf repped this.
  11. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe it's like the beer or hot dog salesman walking around the stadium selling vaccines.. "Vaccines, get yer vaccines here!"

BocaFan, LaParka710 and Real Mardin repped this.
  12. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    I'm too lazy to look it up, but if I recall correctly, they gave it to you as you showed your ticket.

13. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    Has UEFA given a final date when they're going to announce anything? I can't recall if it is this week or later in the month. I'm strongly considering returning it all even though I will be vaccinated, but I don't want to do it tonight if they're going to announce something this week.

The dates April 7th and April 20th stick out in my head. Big difference with the refund deadline date.

14. Dave123007

Dave123007 Member

Juventus
    Portugal
    Aug 10, 2019
    You can cancel return tickets till April 19th.

15. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    I know you can cancel tickets until then, but I was wondering if anyone knew when UEFA was going to announce details. April 7th and April 20th were the dates that stick out in my mind. If it is April 20th, I'll just cancel asap.

16. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  17. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    April 7th is the deadline for host cities to submit their capacity plans.

April 19th is the date of the UEFA meeting.

April 20th is the supposed date of announcement of their final decision.

But I'd bet that around the first date we hear some media reveal the figures submitted for certain cities, and around the UEFA meeting date we hear a "leak" that reveals what UEFA tell us on the 20th.

LaParka710 and Ric_Braz repped this.
  18. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    UK government's making an announcement later today about travel arrangements so I wouldn't cancel London tickets at least just yet.

19. Paul Eastwood

Paul Eastwood Red Card

Feb 18, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    They are yes.
    Every game, show your ticket, get a vaccine before.

Bonkers really, but look at that gate vs a poor side.

Promising for St Pete holders I'd say from the footballing perspective.

Not sure about being a tourist in the city element though.

20. petschovschi

petschovschi Member

May 7, 2018
    April 7th - is the deadline for host cities to submit their capacity plans.

After that UEFA will remove some venues and will make a new schedule (maybe with new venues).

April 20th - all the decisions will be formalised by the UEFA Congress

So, in few days we will know which are the commitments regarding the capacity. Knowing that, we can guess which venues will be removed. Like I already said, Bucharest will guarantee a 25% capacity (maybe even more if the conditions in june will be better)

LaParka710 repped this.
  21. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    I was thinking more about the traffic light system for different nationals visiting, could be US gets a green given their high vaccination rate and Boris's desperation for a trade deal, so no quarantine necessary.

22. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Matt Hancock:
    "Everyone will be able to take a free rapid coronavirus test twice a week from the 9th April. Reclaiming our lost freedoms & getting back to normal hinges on us all getting tested regularly."

So we can only get our freedoms if we all get tested regularly. I thought it was if we all wore masks. Or was it if the vulnerable got vaccinated? Or if we agreed to vaccine passports?

Sorry if I'm losing track.

23. Olegrussia

Olegrussia New Member

AC Milan
    Russia
    Apr 1, 2021
    About the vaccination at the stadium in St. Petersburg - they just opened a mobile vaccination point, there are many of them all over Russia,in every city, in places of mass congestion. As a rule, this is a large medical vehicle.

24. Olegrussia

Olegrussia New Member

AC Milan
    Russia
    Apr 1, 2021
    When football returned to St. Petersburg, fans at the first game hung a banner where the coronovirus molecule in the hands of a doctor is replaced by a soccer ball. Now, before each game, the stadium bowl is disinfected by the so-called cold mist method. Each viewer receives personal protective equipment, hundreds of sanitizers are installed around the perimeter.

LaParka710 repped this.
  25. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    That makes it sound like you get the vaccine right before attending the match!? lol

I'm not a doctor but somehow I don't think that would work too well. I know you're at least somewhat protected after just one shot but surely that doesn't imply that its a good idea to receive a massive dose of COVID within 30 minutes after getting that first vaccine shot.