Euro 2020 - Tickets Thread

Discussion in 'Euro 2020 (2021)' started by noar1985, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, I hear ya. Not only in the stadium but a big part of the Euros experience is pre-game atmosphere around the city-center and talking about the match with fellow fans at a bar after the game. Both of which might not be possible in June (although with nice weather there might still be some atmosphere outdoors).

But I am guessing if the capacity limit is as low as 30% then UEFA will be happy to have volunteers return their tickets.

2. steven191919

steven191919 Member

Arsenal
    Croatia
    Dec 11, 2017
    you would think so.. but I havnt seen or heard anything that said they will allow for a refund if reduced. or in a situation where you have to quarantine in a country for a certain # of days, obviously that makes things more difficult to plan for and would make me more reluctant to go, but that decision is far away.

3. detredwin

detredwin Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Perhaps I am reading too much into it, but I am concerned with the language of the "Sanitary measures and country specific regulations" section. Specifically, the last sentence that the ticket holders will be obliged to comply with rules of an entry into a specific host country. So, if a country requires a 72 hour, or 24 hour like Denmark now, negative test to board the plane and fly into the country, and you test positive before the flight, would UEFA issue a refund? Doesn't really sound like it from their language, which places all responsibility of complying with country entry rules on ticket owner. Is anyone reading it differently? If not, then that may force many of us outside of Europe to return tickets now, as none of us can control what the testing rules and requirements may be at that time. Any thoughts are much appreciated!

ChristianRevolution repped this.
  4. generals soccer

Feb 7, 2006
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You will certainly need a negative test to enter Europe this summer (unless the vaccine distribution ramps up and they feel comfortable saying that will prevent you from spreading) so that adds a layer of complexity to everything. We have a group of around 30, 18 of whom would be high school age so it is a challenging proposition.

5. detredwin

detredwin Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Right, and they now sneaked "pandemic" into a force majeure definition (last sentence of an email), which to me means that, after January 26, your tickets are 100% your headache unless they take them away from you due to crowd limitations. Assuming so, that's a tough decision to make in a few days. Darn it...

LaParka710 repped this.
  6. Grecian123

Grecian123 Member

Exeter City
    England
    Aug 4, 2019
    Much to my disappointment I am definitely returning my Spain v Sweden tickets and the Round of 16 game in Dublin. Not sure about Wembley Round of 16 - game doesn't promise to be super exciting but being based in the UK makes it logistically simple if fans are allowed. Really reluctant to lose the France vs Portugal game in Budapest though. Very difficult. Priorities in life have changed for me and much as I am gutted I don't see how the tournament can be anything like how it promised to be sadly. I wonder if the requirement will include one more negative tests for those not vaccinated - an additional cost to have to consider - as well as the potential requirement to isolate.

7. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-...tent&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Why is it that for every good news almost instantly get a bad news?

“The document, which was published online by the Scottish government on Wednesday and was later withdrawn, showed that vaccines from Pfizer Inc, AstraZeneca Plc and Moderna Inc are scheduled to arrive in significant quantities in the early summer, the FT said.“

8. Michael Davies

Everton FC
    Wales
    Nov 5, 2017
    Just ‘returned’ my 4 tickets for 2 Wales games in Baku.
    $600 back towards my World Cup Fund.Too much hassle trying to book flights from the U.S as well as hotel,Visa,worrying if and when I would get the COVID vaccine also if there was reduced capacity would the occasion be anywhere as good as France in 2016? I don’t think so.

themanlarry repped this.
  9. Dave123007

Dave123007 Member

Juventus
    Portugal
    Aug 10, 2019
    We are not sure will we have an other opportunity to return our tickets after Jan 26th. Too many uncertain things, what about if we are unable to get the vaccine before the tournament start and those quarantine rules on different countries. I really wanna keep my tickets for the semis and final.

10. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Supposedly confidential stuff that the UK Govt/Pfizer etc wasn't happy about sharing, perhaps because rivals like the US and EU might get miffed and demand more. Here it is anyway. (had trouble uploading it for some reason, hopefully this works)
    https://smallpdf.com/shared#st=2839...df&ct=1610674778769&tl=share-document&rf=link

11. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    This part of the new rules is well out of order, with them emphasising elsewhere that pandemic is contained in Force Majeure, which it was before anyway. You can only think they want the numbers down early. Going to hold on for a bit.

"Change of Venue
    For the purposes of this refund policy, a “change of venue” shall occur if the Match is, for any reason, re-scheduled by UEFA to an alternative stadium compared to the scheduled venue at the time of purchase of the Ticket (whether such alternative stadium is located within the same host country or a new host country).
    If UEFA notifies the Successful Applicant that their Ticket(s) is not valid for the re-scheduled venue for the Match (e.g., due to limitations of the replacement stadium), UEFA shall not have any liability to the Successful Applicant but shall issue the Successful Applicant with a refund of an amount equal to the
    face value of the Ticket(s).
    If UEFA notifies the Successful Applicant that their Ticket(s) is valid for the re-scheduled venue for the Match then where the change of venue was made for:
    (a) any reason of Force Majeure, no refunds shall be made
    ; or
    (b) any reason other than Force Majeure, the Successful Applicant shall be entitled to cancel their Ticket(s) and request a refund equal to the amount of the face value of the Ticket(s) if the Successful Applicant is unable, or opts not, to attend the rearranged playing of the Match."

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFile...ns/Ticketing/02/58/34/35/2583435_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Harbs123 repped this.
  12. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    It does seem like this is the last time to get a refund unless the venues change or your ticket gets cancelled. I was sure that I was going to barrel on through with keeping my tickets once I first saw the e-mail, but now thinking about it some more, I am not so sure. The vaccine is going slow and is a crap show here in the States. Literally the last thing I would want to experience at the Euros is either getting stuck in a country due to quarantine restrictions or running around multiple cities before I leave it to get a negative Coronavirus test. That is my bigger concern than any risk with attending matches.

13. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    My impression is that they're trying to scare as many people as possible into selling their tickets to give them more flexibility on numbers. I doubt that bit about changing venues is even legal. I understand your thinking though, might do the same if I was in the States. I'm going to hold on though, pretty sure there will be another chance to sell if need be.

LaParka710, popularside and themanlarry repped this.
  14. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Article saying 90% tickets already sold with few returned due to covid..

15. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    TV money?

16. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Im keeping my tickets

17. Harbs123

Harbs123 Member

England
    Jun 24, 2018
    London
    I was wondering if anyone had noticed this.

It’s forcing my hand a tad to return most my tickets because if they suddenly decide to move all games to Baku (for example) and my ticket remains valid, I won’t be able to get a refund when I inevitably will not be travelling there. Have tickets to all England group games, Dublin and Wembley first round knockout and semi finals..but think I’ll be returning most after that spin to the terms and conditions.

Plus almost on par with that..do I want to sit in a reduced capacity match with that sort of dud atmosphere? Not particularly. So unless the stadiums are at least 80% capacity, which I can’t see how they will be, I’m not sure I’d even want to be there to be honest.

LaParka710 repped this.
  18. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    There is some debate in our Whatsapp group if this is even legal. There is no doubt that UEFA want tickets back in the event of reduced capacity.

There s a risk all games could end up in Russia. However it is more likely they will be moved to England I reckon if anywhere.

The Irish government have been very slow to allow any crowds at games. This was the case during our relatively low virus rates. In the past few weeks we have had the worst per capita rates on the planet. So limited capacity at best in June and doubt they will agree to any fans by the March 5th deadline. My guess is the appetite for hosting games is not the same here.

Full houses in Russia might be tempting for UEFA but I reckon they will plump for England. Any cities that withdraw could easily be replaced by Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham etc.

Even if allowed by Swiss law I believe UEFA will be morally bound to offer another refund if games move to a different country. This is only a guess.

Hence I'm going to sit tight.

LaParka710 repped this.
  19. BarneyG

BarneyG Member

None
    Mar 16, 2016
    Club:
    Everton FC
    At this moment in time I’d be shocked if they’re not looking at England Scotland Wales as the hosts.

With Germany hosting in 2026, they won’t want it. Portugal doesn’t seem to have suitable venues for it.

Maybe Spain, also Russia.

But Wembley and Hampden already hosting 10 games between them.

Manchester (Etihad Old Trafford)
    Liverpool (Anfield)
    Newcastle (St. James Park)
    London (Tottenham Stadium, Emirates, London Stadium)
    Bristol (Ashton Gate)
    Cardiff (Millennium Stadium)
    Southampton (St. Mary’s)
    Edinburgh (Murrayfield)

Just a list of straight away which would be ready but all but two of those listed are 50,000+ And if they reduced capacity to 50% = More tickets.

LaParka710 repped this.
  20. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Not sure about dud atmosphere. I reckon 50% capacity with the host country playing can at least equal the atmosphere of a full stadium with 2 random countries playing.

My bigger concern is the vibe outside the stadium before and after the match. And finding things to do between matchdays. Plus normally I enjoy flying but not during these times, so hopping from one country to another won't be a fun experience.

glennaldo_sf and LaParka710 repped this.
  21. karmin

karmin Member

Jun 7, 2016
    So are you saying that if the Rome QF gets moved, I will not get a refund for these seats? My tickets will be valid for the new venue and I will have NO option to get a refund/cancel them?

22. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    I find it unbelievable that they would get away with that, but I suppose their position would be that they've given fair warning of the rule change and an opportunity to sell back the tickets if you're not happy with the terms. I still think they are bound by the conditions when we originally bought the tickets though.

23. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yeah... the reason I think is is highly unlikely that they would not offer a refund option in that case is that they could easily sell that portion of tickets to others who would attend there (especially if there is like 30% capacity). If they would move your ticket to a stadium where full capacity is allowed i.e. to Moscow, then you might have a little problem.

24. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    After reading an article on The Athletic today, that's my fear as well. I have tickets to Budapest, Amsterdam, Dublin, London, and Copenhagen. The only ones of those that I feel reasonably confident that they will still will be willing to host in March are Budapest and London. I don't want to feel obligated to go to Bilbao (nothing against it, but heard that it is not great logistically), Baku, or St. Petersburg as examples, which are three places that I had no interest in going originally.

I do think there is an element of them scaring people as well, but I am not sure I want to be stuck with a bunch of useless tickets and lost money. I figure that the Ticket Exchange will still be operational and could get my money back that way if need be, but that's another risk. I'm probably going to let it go down to the Sunday or Monday before the end before I decide after reading some insight from people here as well.

25. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    All my instincts are still to try and hold on.

I had Spain v Slovakia which I will definitely not attend now as I have access to Sweden v Poland through another family member. So they have been sold back.

Eventhough I would have been pretty much guaranteed any Republic of Ireland games I had bought Budapest and Copenhagen Rof16. In different times I would go anyway. There is no way I will be doing this now but then rather than sell back the tickets what if it moves to England? Depending on the COVID situation obviously but assuming much better rates then doing games on consecutive days in England is easy. However price is another consideration. 30 euro for Budapest is worth the risk even if Ukraine win Group C and it is impossible to sell on. 125 is a lot for Copenhagen so I may still sell that back. Then it could be played in England and be Poland v England/Scotland.

Another consideration is that in the event of 30% capacity we could all lose quite a few tickets. If I am only left with 1 or 2 games then I'd make much more of an effort to make sure I can attend those.

I also believe UEFA will be under a lot of pressure to refund everyone if it moves to Russia. Obviously a risk but otherwise I would plan on going to quite a few games if possible.