Euro 2020 - Tickets Thread

Discussion in 'Euro 2020 (2021)' started by noar1985, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Nations league semi finals and finals venues for next oct, along with the draw have been done

Attached Files:

2. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I quite like the UEFA Nations League unlike many. However, I really wish they'd try and play it out before the Euros like by March or April. Having it after the Euros will make it quite anticlimactic in my opinion... but anyway, we'll see....

LaParka710 repped this.
  3. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    October is the only realistic date open , and probably the best chance to have fans in .im booked up. early October sunshine sounds like paradise after 2020 ...

glennaldo_sf repped this.
  4. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I guess 2020 is an exceptional year... I hope in future though they try and get it done sooner so the tournament doesn't drag out too long. By the time the finals come along, everyone's forgotten how they got there. I just feel like it's kind of like trying to play the Confederations Cup after the World Cup and not before.... Anyway enjoy the tournament, I'm sure it will be great

5. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    I fancy that, only 45 minutes by train between Turin and Milan so both semis and the final. Wonder what the ticket situation will be like?

6. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    What have you booked? Flights are pretty cheap, torn between Milan and Turin for a base and where to fly to, might do a bit of both.

7. Real Mardin

Real Mardin Member

Galatasaray & Nottingham Forest
    Turkey
    Aug 22, 2019
    I booked accommodation on a fully refundable basis when the new dates were announced. I don't have to book flights as I'm not leaving my home country unless my FMT takes me abroad (too many permutations to reasonably be booking flights even if refundable).

When they announced the vaccine I was optimistic enough to double check all my bookings to make sure they were still valid and for the right dates, but am pessimistic enough to wonder whether enough people will be vaccinated by June for the tournament to go ahead as planned. I can imagine some sort of reduced attendance scenario with a lottery to determine who has their tickets returned?

Confizzled repped this.
  8. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Flying into milan on October 6 to 11th basing myself there , staying 1 night in turin on the Thursday for the game there ..

9. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    World cup draw for group qualifiers, for European teams is tomorrow at 5pm gmt

Attached Files:

10. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Thinking of a couple of days in Milan before the semi there then Turin till Sunday and a night in Milan after the final before the flight back. Depends on what hotels/airbnb I find. I suppose we'll just have to take potluck on the tickets, I can't imagine they'll be that hard to get hold of.

11. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Don't see tkts being a problem two big capacities ,compared to the 40,000 and 20.000 in Portugal last year and got tkts no problems for it ..

12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    hmm... I guess they could've scheduled 3 WCQ matchdays in October and have the NL final 4 tournament in March. But whether its in March or October I still think it gets overshadowed by the Euros.

Of course in normal times the NL final tournament will be in odd years and the Euros are in even years so this is a short lived problem.

themanlarry repped this.
  13. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Without doubt the euros will overshadow it , but little chance of fans in march compared to October ..

14. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
  15. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Nice one. Northern Ireland are playing in Switzerland on the Saturday as well.

I quite fancied it too but unfortunately the Republic of Ireland play in Baku on the Saturday.

belfasteric repped this.
  16. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    That story is over a month old and debunked.

I'm not saying it won't end up in Russia but no decision made and UEFA still planning for the same format.

17. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah stop Russian to conclusions so fast!

LaParka710 and welshbairn repped this.
  18. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    I just heard about it on social media yesterday as if it was a done thing, then tracked down the flimsy original piece to put it out there. Not sure it's been debunked other than UEFA denying it, which they would whether they were considering it or not, but I can't see it happening unless Gazprom or somebody guarantees a decent profit to UEFA with likely empty stadiums given the seat prices.

LaParka710 repped this.
  19. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Booked up, into Malpensa Oct 4th, late flight in and early back so booked near the airport 1st and last night. Tuesday to Thursday Milan, Thursday to Sunday Turin, all airbnbs or similar.

belfasteric and themanlarry repped this.
  20. Real Mardin

Real Mardin Member

Galatasaray & Nottingham Forest
    Turkey
    Aug 22, 2019
    Should Euro 2020(1) go ahead has anyone given any thought to whether they would attend if they've not yet had a vaccine? For UK residents OMNI have an online calculator which whilst not official policy estimates when you're likely to receive your vaccination. For someone of my age, occupation and health background they estimate I wouldn't receive a vaccine until early July to September - far too late to attend the Euros and be immunised. I don't fancy attending if not immunised so it's not looking too good for me.

BocaFan repped this.
  21. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, I'm not as optimistic about Euro 2020/2021 going ahead as originally planned as I was two months ago. Going so slow with the vaccinations. Vaccine discovered 7 months before the start of the tournament. Now 25% of the time is gone and barely anyone has received the first shot.

Not sure if I'd still go if not vaccinated. Probably, but maybe not to as many countries as I planned.

22. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    I don't know if I would go with the vaccine if I am honest. I think it depends on how the virus looks in March/April. It might be out of our hands though because some countries may not let us in without having the vaccine.

23. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    #5473 Petersonnn, Dec 30, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    I think many of us do not calculate with the right numbers regarding when can we start travelling/getting back to normal (going to EURO i.e.).

As of now it looks like vaccination DO NOT STOP TRANSMISSION but STOP THE DISEASE (severe conditions, deaths).

Fortunately a really small part of the population is affected by the virus, the estimation is about 20-25% max (People over 65+ and younger people with underlying conditions). So if we vaccinate those people things can get settle down because the serious problems the virus can cause, stop.

This is why I do not understand the whole concept of Health Passports, etc. It bases on the theory that once you are vaccinated your are not a "threat" to the vulnerable which is not true. The only thing we can do is vaccinate the susceptible population and let others live their lives normally. I am not saying if somebody, a young healthy person cannot get vaccinated if they want to.

It is good because it is quicker than vaccinate everybody and also help not to discrimante people of just do not want to get vaccinated. It is quicker and only way back to normality. People can asses their risk and make their own decisions and not others make decisions for them. It is one thing to say vaccination is not obligatory it is another thing to say "yeah but then you can't do this, this and this"...

24. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    This has been tried in a lot of places and it has failed miserably because there are a lot of dumb people around. Not in all countries, mind you, but a lot. I am not one that loves government intervention often in normal times, but governments have to try things to get this under control. If they want to say, "you can't do X, Y, and Z if you don't get vaccinated or quarantine or do everything absolutely proper," I am all for it. Humans have shown that they cannot do it themselves. They are way too selfish for the common good.

I think UEFA would be crazy to not want restrictions in terms of vaccines or negative tests. Unless someone has some super specific medical reason on why they cannot have the vaccine or logistical issues in countries getting the vaccine, they have no right to complain if UEFA restricts their entry because they "don't want to do it."

glennaldo_sf repped this.
  25. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    It's too early to tell whether the vaccines stop transmission, if they don't they're still likely to reduce the viral load.