Euro 2020 - Tickets Thread

Discussion in 'Euro 2020 (2021)' started by noar1985, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    If you do your homework, Scott Atlas has been saying this for MONTHS, well before he has been an advisor of Trump. And believe I hate Trump nor I agree most of things he says but in this regard the Dems are doing political theatre of this thing. And no, politicians do not want to stop lockdowns because it does help wealth transfer. https://www.barrons.com/articles/gl...h-reaches-record-us-10-2-trillion-01602072096

I think you should not need to risk your health when you go out:
    The average age of those who have died from coronavirus in England and Wales since the start of the pandemic is 82.4 years old. The median age of those who died of other causes over the same period, which was 81.5.

So if you thinkg you are risking your and others life because of this virus it is a false feeling because of the fear mongering has been going on for 9 months.

Also.. masks.. argh...:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But I would ask... Who do you trust? Fauci? The most trusted man in the USA? Here is what ha had to say in March:

Or the CDC?

1315056608339255299 is not a valid tweet id

Come on people...

2. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    No, and I really don't think they're relevant to this forum, so there's no need to list them all.

3. Paczek_Villa

Paczek_Villa Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Club:
    KP Legia Warszawa
  4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I was referring specifically to the time frame of those excess death charts for the UK. Obviously not everyone who died yesterday, for e.g., are necessarily reported yet, regardless of the cause of their death. So you have to give it some time for these charts to catch-up to the reality. The second wave of COVID deaths in the UK only started a week or two ago so its too early to expect those charts to reveal anything.

This is written right in the title of a similar chart that I've been following: "Note that deaths in recent weeks might be undercounted due to reporting lags."
    https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid

5. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Okay I am willing to wait some weeks to see if we have excess deaths or not. One thing we can be sure, we will not have excess deaths because of the flu: ;)

1316988027818987523 is not a valid tweet id

BocaFan repped this.
  6. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Actually this could be interesting. I think there is a possibility to organize more games in Stadiums games will be already played but who decides which are these and who can be kicked out? It seems rather a romour than facts altough I think they would happily dismiss Baku as it was a complete disaster regarding ticket sales.

7. Oleg Esenin

Oleg Esenin New Member

Zenit St. Petersburg
    Russia
    Oct 26, 2020
    Dear friends! The FAN ID for the UEFA EURO 2020 ™ matches in St. Petersburg in 2021 has been redesigned. Previous FAN IDs are not valid for attending UEFA EURO 2020 ™ matches in St. Petersburg as well as entering and leaving Russia in 2021. Each spectator must have an updated FAN ID in order to attend UEFA EURO 2020 ™ matches in St. Petersburg and to enter and leave Russia without a visa as well. To confirm personal data, all spectators who have previously filled out applications for a Fan Passport (FAN ID) will be sent a message with the info by e-mail. Follow the news on Fan ID accounts on social networks: https://www.facebook.com/FanID2020
    https://www.instagram.com/fanid.2020
    https://vk.com/fanid2020

8. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  9. Danny Ascencio

Fc Barcelona
    Argentina
    Feb 22, 2018
    Dallas, Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Maybe not a bad idea but I certainly cannot imagine why it would be a good idea.

LaParka710 repped this.
  11. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    These rumors are probably based on (at most) very preliminary thoughts, but it is seeming inevitable that the tournament will be played in 1 or 2 (neighboring) countries, if not cancelled altogether.

Its quite a dilemma because the # of people infected will probably decline naturally in the months leading-up to the tournament, and maybe even an effective vaccine will be administered at scale during that time. But a decision needs to be made before then - at a time when cases and deaths are at an all-time high.

LaParka710 repped this.
  12. Danny Ascencio

Fc Barcelona
    Argentina
    Feb 22, 2018
    Dallas, Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with you, not a bad idea. Since they prove they were a great host!
    But yes, Russia is high in cases. Just like the rest of the European country’s. Do not see how that will be the best idea. But seem multiple news talking about it. But who knows, everything is still up in the air.

Ric_Braz and LaParka710 repped this.
  13. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Luxembourg
    Feb 20, 2020
    At this point, I am okay with almost anything UEFA does short of canceling (might even be okay with that down the line depending on how everything goes) because they are just in a rough spot. Maybe there can be hope that the domestic leagues and the European competitions are still going on, but I know the virus is hitting teams like Ajax and PSV now.

I say "almost anything" because I think the two options that should not be done out of all of the current hosts are Azerbaijan and Russia. Azerbaijan should be a no because of the ongoing conflict and the other issues we have already discussed about Baku being the host. Russia should be a no not because of how they would handle the tournament because 2018 went fine, but because I think Russia would be so dodgy in the amount of cases they have in the buildup to the tournament. I don't think we can really count on Putin and the Russian government to be transparent. For similar reasons, maybe Hungary should be a no too. With all of the BS in the world currently, UEFA should go somewhere where they know the government is doing all they can do and being honest about Coronavirus if they move it.

Ric_Braz repped this.
  14. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Having it in a country 3 years after they had the world cup would inevitably be an anticlimax. Though this might be irrelevant it should be remembered the very poor turn out of Europeans in Russia. Huge numbers of South Africans, North Americans and Asians but probably the lowest number of Europeans since 1978.

LaParka710 repped this.
  15. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Luxembourg
    Feb 20, 2020
    Agreed. I just can't see UEFA choosing Russia or Azerbaijan before exhausting all options in Central and Western Europe. It doesn't make a ton of sense to go to either at this point unless there are just no fans at all.

16. Fullerov

Fullerov Member

Bristol Rovers
    Nov 30, 2004
    Club:
    Bristol Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'd imagine Azerbaijan are close to being discounted anyway due to the war.

If we're talking about 1/2 countries hosting all teams without fans, then Germany would seem the most logical at present, due to number of stadiums, central location and lower rates of infection from the virus.

17. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Even if there are no fans at all I think Russia would be a poor option. There's a risk that teams could get infected when so many people in the general population may have the virus without knowing it (due to the high cost of getting a COVID test in Russia). Should pick a country with universal health care and a good COVID-tracing programme.

With the benefit of hindsight its probably safe to say that even had the Euro been played in July of 2020 with stadiums filled to, say, one-third of their capacity then it would've likely gone quite smoothly in places like Copenhagen, Bilbao, Rome, Amsterdam, Glasgow and maybe a couple of other places where cases were very low at that time.

On a somewhat related note, the 7-day runnning average death count from COVID is now higher than ever (globally)! :eek: Remember those blogs back in July saying it was over? Those were a tad off the mark.

LaParka710 and themanlarry repped this.
  18. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Luxembourg
    Feb 20, 2020
    Oh, I totally agree. I was just saying with no fans, at least, the threat of infection could be less as they can "bubble" the teams. But, they really should not go near Russia at all as I think it will look poorly upon UEFA. It would be like FIFA saying they are moving a tournament to the United States at this point.

BocaFan repped this.
  19. RegularGuy

RegularGuy Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is no reason to need massive stadiums but I guess they do need a city or group of cities with good infrastructure to support media and teams. But a bubble concept could work anywhere you have a decent pitch and hotels.

20. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Luxembourg
    Feb 20, 2020
    That depends on what UEFA is going to do about fans, which they can't really decide on now. In theory, you are right on the stadiums if there are no fans, but they did go to three large stadiums (two in Lisbon and one in Koln) for the Champions League and Europa League.

21. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Well, good news today on the vaccine front. Combined with Biden's landslide victory over McDonald Trump last week we could be looking at "regular people" being vaccinated between April and June next year, which would be enough to have a regular Euros perhaps. :coffee:

LaParka710, mazinio and Gazza66 repped this.
  22. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Luxembourg
    Feb 20, 2020
    Agreed and let's hope everyone takes it if it is available to them!

23. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep as long as they don't listen to wrong adphizer

Seriously though this is the news we've all been waiting for.... can't wait to see Wembley finally.....

LaParka710 repped this.
  24. noar1985

noar1985 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    OGC Nice
    Big games tonight!
    Would be nice to have Scotland and NI qualified (for the atmosphere in the stadium) if we can go obviously

LaParka710 and BocaFan repped this.
  25. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    Likewise with Hungary, for those of us imagining a trip to Budapest.

LaParka710 repped this.