Euro 2020 - Tickets Thread

Discussion in 'Euro 2020 (2021)' started by noar1985, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah agree that a preliminary decision needs to be made around March. Would make sense if they start conservatively (maybe 30%). They can always bump the capacity higher if the COVID-situation improves between March and June by having a last-minute ticket phase. Harder to do it the other-way around.

Of course the limit might also vary from country to country. For e.g. if the tournament happened right now you'd have 30% filled stadiums in Russia but still 0% in England and Spain. So could get complicated especially if the bigger matches (quarterfinals, semifinals, final) are planned in countries that can't have any fans.

Petersonnn repped this.
  2. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Then during March they can decide to cancel some of our tickets ? Then if virus goes better, they put them again on sales ? Lools really complicated

Petersonnn repped this.
  3. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    I think they are basically going to have to make a plan about whether they are still going to do the continent Euros or cut it down to a country or two in January. I think they will probably decide on capacity and ticketing in March or April, but they still may not give a definitive answer by then based on how many tickets are sold as of right now. I think they are going to have a pretty good idea in January on how the virus affected Europe in the winter by then.

The two problems they have that they are at the mercy of the local government in terms of capacity and national governments in terms of traveling around the continent. Unfortunately, they may not get an answer to that when they want.

4. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    This is a really interesting question and the one I was thinking about a lot. I do agree that they have to make a decision by March. The only problem with this timeframe that in the Northers Hemisphere coronaviruses platoo around that time. So I assume that they will make a conervative decision for the number of fans (if they make a decision on May, it would be guranteed full house for the summer for an open air event but that decision would be too late).

I think they will stick with the 30% fans as I dont think the Virus will bottom out during the winter (it is another question why it should, but I am thinking with the burocrat's head now).

I think people will be offered to return their tickets to reach that 30% margin. If it does not reach that, they will have to take some of the tickets people bought. How they do this, would be really interesting...

And yes, I think there will be last minute sales as around April-May, the virus will bottom out and they will let at least 50% in - I think.

The question of different countries: Yes, I think this could be challanging. And they will not decide upon the number of cases/deaths but rather which country has the most casual viewpoint of this virus. So even though it will plummet in the UK, they will not let people in the stadium so they will move it to a place like Hungary, where people did not loose their complete mind and did not stop the world because a flu-like virus.

mazinio repped this.
  5. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    #5330 LaParka710, Oct 7, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    That last part is such a ridiculous statement! First off, Hungary did actually lockdown in March/April. Some countries just do better than others with the virus like Germany and some others do not want to be as stringent or test as much like Hungary (even though they are more stringent than some other countries). Secondly, I am almost positive that the UK government will let fans in if virus rates plummet as they were setting up test events for fans before virus rates rose. The issue would be they may not let fans into the country for a match, which is a totally reasonable tactic to take if the virus is still around in good numbers worldwide. Thirdly, as seen in the UEFA Super Cup, Hungary will still impose restrictions on people entering the country, so it is still not an easy thing if virus rates start going up closer to the tournament.

Finally, this is not a "flu-like virus." The numbers below would be way higher if there were no lockdowns and if China (and maybe some other shady countries) accurately reported their figures.

upload_2020-10-7_12-13-57.png

BocaFan repped this.
  6. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    EURO is back tonight. Wish scotland can make it.
    England x scotland will be nice !

7. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    I was really happy to be able to watch the semis today. Looking forward to the finals as I think Path A and Path C could be fun and dramatic.

Petersonnn repped this.
  8. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The sad part that we arrive to a conclusion that the team with the less players in quarentine can win these games..........

9. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    Especially now that Romania are out there's less uncertainty about the groups:

C: Netherlands, Ukraine, Austria, plus Georgia/N Macedonia
    D: England, Croatia, Czech Rep, plus Serbia/Scotland*
    E: Spain, Sweden, Poland, plus N Ireland/Slovakia
    F: Portugal, France, Germany, plus Hungary*/Iceland

*hosts still in the running

LaParka710 repped this.
  10. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    Except that's not actually true. I did not hear about any quarantine issues in the semis except for Scotland, which won.

11. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    For Hungary we did not have our best playsr available. We won anyway but this is so frustrating..

12. Fullerov

Fullerov Member

Bristol Rovers
    Nov 30, 2004
    Club:
    Bristol Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Wonder what the likelihood of Baku being removed from the hosting cities. Can't have games in a country at war I'd say.

LaParka710 repped this.
  13. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I don't see how its frustrating because there is not much more that can be done. Just look at it like its a short-term injury or a suspension from multiple yellow cards.

LaParka710 repped this.
  14. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Of course, if the actual player has the virus, obviously. But there is a rule that even if the actual player testes negative, but a teammate recently had the virus, he can be quarantined by his club. The funniest thing in this example, Salzburg was quarantined and no player could go to his national team, but the club itself could play its games (with all their "quarantined" players) against another club. It is total madness in my opinion and it has to stop if we want our and our children life to be anything remotely close to normal..

15. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    Hungary's best player being unavailable for a match that they won due to a UEFA quarantine (or whatever they want to call it) is some thing that is making our lives and our children's lives unbearable and not normal? Just a bit tone deaf...

BocaFan repped this.
  16. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    You can try to trick my words, obviously this is the less tragic part of this solution... Watch this video if you want my true opinion about this whole mess:

17. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    That's going off on a pretty major tangent. Especially since elective surgeries, regular doctor check-ups, etc have been possible for a while now. It was only for a couple of months that you couldn't schedule these things and only in some places.

Again you are mixing up Gov't sanctioned "lockdowns" with decisions individuals are making on their own. It's like the 10th time in this thread that you've conflated those two things. Stop watching fake news. Most of the earlier videos you posted here have also been proven wrong with hindsight (e.g. casedemic v pandemic)

LaParka710 repped this.
  18. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    #5343 Petersonnn, Oct 15, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    I think you should stop watching Mass Media.

At the end of the day YOU HAVE to look at excess death per country comparing to other years. If they are NOT any higher, it is just a normal respiratory disease which effects the populuation more during the colder months at the Northern Hemisphere. If we make actions (based on propaganda campaigns) over a disease that DOES NOT rise our excess death, all we are doing with this fear mongering and restricitons is that poeple are miserable and will die long term of other reasons like suicide, missed cancer treatments and depression over social and economic fatigue. Also, if the excess deaths are higher but still is if we deduct the Covid deaths, the above mentioned phenomenon already happening! BE RESPONSIBLE IN THIS REGARD BECAUSE YOU CAN DO MORE HARM THAN GOOD (while making people life misarable too)!

Check out Professor Carl Heneghan tweet from Oxford on the situation in the EU regarding excess deaths:

1316725475323060226 is not a valid tweet id

Source: https://www.euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps#pooled-by-age-group

Also, if you check out this petition, already signed by more han 36000 medical practiciners and scientist, written by epdimiologist from Harvard/Oxford/Stanford: https://gbdeclaration.org/

19. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Aye, including “Dr Johnny Bananas” and “Professor Cominic Dummings”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...r-signed-fake-experts-dr-johnny-bananas-covid

Anyhoo, I'm optimistic that they'll have rapid on the spot saliva or blood testing on the go by June, allowing the tournament to go ahead as planned even if the Covid situation is unchanged, possibly with the Baku games switched.

LaParka710 repped this.
  20. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Well, excess death can only be looked at up to around end of September and the second wave in the UK only just started then. So too early to tell, but nice try. Spain's second wave started a bit sooner and you can already see noticeable excess death of about 20% by late-September.

Anyway, people can go see their Doctors whenever they want now. So missed cancer screenings, vaccinations, etc can only be explained by laziness or some other reason that individuals are choosing not to go out and run their errands. Probably the same reason every guy has a beard now, people no longer shower every day, they dress more casually ,etc. Nobody is preventing them from doing stuff they did before, they're just choosing not to.

PS... interesting that you talk about increased suicides and cancer but at the same time show charts showing there is no excess death, except the big spikes that are due to COVID. :D

LaParka710 repped this.
  21. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    To be fair, in the UK there's a massive backlog of untreated patients. I think they made a huge mistake by not switching strategy when it became clear that the lockdown measures were working and the hospitals weren't going to be swamped with Covid patients.

LaParka710 and BocaFan repped this.
  22. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    Considering you linked a video from an adviser to Trump when Trump has been so bad about the virus (including AFTER he got it and was hospitalized), which is basically irrefutable based on the opinion of scientists and the facts about case counts, I just can't take your opinion that serious if I'm honest. I'm sorry. Also, don't you think there may be some political reason with an election so close for an advisor to bring those questionable "facts" up? I understand that politicians and governments want to avoid lockdowns due to tanking economies, but as discussed above, part of the reason for the tanking is also because of people choosing not to live their lives as normal because there are people who do not take the virus seriously and are incredibly selfish. Just look at recent examples: Liverpool having people all out after pubs close due to the harsher restrictions, the London Palladium packed for a Wenger speech, and Trump having large non-socially distanced rallies with masks not being prevalent after he got the virus. I'm sure I can come up with many more, but why would I (and others that think like me) want to risk my health when those people are out in public potentially spreading it?

23. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    Having said all of that, I am also optimistic that we should semi-good by June. Maybe I don't get to go to the Euros, but I like that it gives me something to look forward to now. Especially with winter holiday travel being dicey at best it seems.

BocaFan repped this.
  24. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Confirmation bias at its best. Every petition has fake names. Don't you think the 38 listed scientist would be a better indication about the true value of this letter?

Dr. Martin Kulldorff, professor of medicine at Harvard University, a biostatistician, and epidemiologist with expertise in detecting and monitoring infectious disease outbreaks and vaccine safety evaluations.

Dr. Sunetra Gupta, professor at Oxford University, an epidemiologist with expertise in immunology, vaccine development, and mathematical modeling of infectious diseases.

Dr. Jay Bhattacharya, professor at Stanford University Medical School, a physician, epidemiologist, health economist, and public health policy expert focusing on infectious diseases and vulnerable populations.

Dr. Alexander Walker, principal at World Health Information Science Consultants, former Chair of Epidemiology, Harvard TH Chan School of Public Health, USA

Dr. Andrius Kavaliunas, epidemiologist and assistant professor at Karolinska Institute, Sweden
    Dr. Angus Dalgleish, oncologist, infectious disease expert and professor, St. George’s Hospital Medical School, University of London, England

Dr. Anthony J Brookes, professor of genetics, University of Leicester, England

Dr. Annie Janvier, professor of pediatrics and clinical ethics, Université de Montréal and Sainte-Justine University Medical Centre, Canada
    Dr. Ariel Munitz, professor of clinical microbiology and immunology, Tel Aviv University, Israel

Dr. Boris Kotchoubey, Institute for Medical Psychology, University of Tübingen, Germany

Dr. Cody Meissner, professor of pediatrics, expert on vaccine development, efficacy, and safety. Tufts University School of Medicine, USA
    Dr. David Katz, physician and president, True Health Initiative, and founder of the Yale University Prevention Research Center, USA

Dr. David Livermore, microbiologist, infectious disease epidemiologist and professor, University of East Anglia, England

Dr. Eitan Friedman, professor of medicine, Tel-Aviv University, Israel

Dr. Ellen Townsend, professor of psychology, head of the Self-Harm Research Group, University of Nottingham, England

Dr. Eyal Shahar, physician, epidemiologist and professor (emeritus) of public health, University of Arizona, USA
    Dr. Florian Limbourg, physician and hypertension researcher, professor at Hannover Medical School, Germany

Dr. Gabriela Gomes, mathematician studying infectious disease epidemiology, professor, University of Strathclyde, Scotland
    Dr. Geraldine Zimmer-Bensch, professor of epigenetics, RTWH Aachen University, Germany

Dr. Gerhard Krönke, physician and professor of translational immunology, University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany

Dr. Gesine Weckmann, professor of health education and prevention, Europäische Fachhochschule, Rostock, Germany

Dr. Günter Kampf, associate professor, Institute for Hygiene and Environmental Medicine, Greifswald University, Germany

Dr. Helen Colhoun, ,professor of medical informatics and epidemiology, and public health physician, University of Edinburgh, Scotland

Dr. Jonas Ludvigsson, pediatrician, epidemiologist and professor at Karolinska Institute and senior physician at Örebro University Hospital, Sweden
    Dr. Karol Sikora, physician, oncologist, and professor of medicine at the University of Buckingham, England

Dr. Laura Lazzeroni, professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences and of biomedical data science, Stanford University Medical School, USA
    Dr. Lisa White, professor of modelling and epidemiology, Oxford University, England

Dr. Mario Recker, malaria researcher and associate professor, University of Exeter, England
    Dr. Matthew Ratcliffe, professor of philosophy, specializing in philosophy of mental health, University of York, England

Dr. Matthew Strauss, critical care physician and assistant professor of medicine, Queen’s University, Canada
    Dr. Michael Jackson, research fellow, School of Biological Sciences, University of Canterbury, New Zealand
    Dr. Michael Levitt, biophysicist and professor of structural biology, Stanford University, USA.
    Recipient of the 2013 Nobel Prize in Chemistry.

Dr. Mike Hulme, professor of human geography, University of Cambridge, England

Dr. Motti Gerlic, professor of clinical microbiology and immunology, Tel Aviv University, Israel

Dr. Partha P. Majumder, professor and founder of the National Institute of Biomedical Genomics, Kalyani, India

Dr. Paul McKeigue, physician, disease modeler and professor of epidemiology and public health, University of Edinburgh, Scotland
    Dr. Rajiv Bhatia, physician, epidemiologist and public policy expert at the Veterans Administration, USA

Dr. Rodney Sturdivant, infectious disease scientist and associate professor of biostatistics, Baylor University, USA
    Dr. Simon Wood, biostatistician and professor, University of Edinburgh, Scotland

Dr. Stephen Bremner,professor of medical statistics, University of Sussex, England

Dr. Sylvia Fogel, autism expert and psychiatrist at Massachusetts General Hospital and instructor at Harvard Medical School, USA
    Dr. Stephen Bremner,professor of medical statistics, University of Sussex, England

Dr. Simon Thornley, epidemiologist and biostatistician, University of Auckland, New Zealand
    Dr. Udi Qimron, professor of clinical microbiology and immunology, Tel Aviv University, Israel

Dr. Ulrike Kämmerer, professor and expert in virology, immunology and cell biology, University of Würzburg, Germany

Dr. Uri Gavish, biomedical consultant, Israel

Dr. Yaz Gulnur Muradoglu, professor of finance, director of the Behavioural Finance Working Group, Queen Mary University of London, England

25. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    #5350 Petersonnn, Oct 16, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    It was not my try, it was the professor's "TRY"... Come on guys... Mark Twain said that it's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. I guess he is right.

And yes people are choosing not go but they choose this because if you switch on the TV, on any mainstream media, the 4 of the first 5 top news related to the VIRUS so if somebody does not do their homework and believe the hype they will be afraid to go.

Yes, as I said if the excess deaths are higher or will be higher (currently they are not) and deducting covid deahts they are still higher, we can talk about that. But I am not sure you have to be a genius that the current state will lead to social and econimical disfunction which leads to stress which again leads to worse outcome of phisical diseases... and if people miss their cancer screenings it will effect the chance of survival of possible cancer patients.