Euro 2020 - Tickets Thread

Discussion in 'Euro 2020 (2021)' started by noar1985, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    I got Budapest R16 on the first attempt last year, in August I think, took till December/January to get Munich QF after several attempts. Should be easier this year with resales, but be patient, alert and quick to jump on the enter button when sales and lotteries open. You should get the R16 games with little trouble, but the QF's will likely require a bit of dedication, all the more satisfying when it pays off. Good luck!

2. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Before everyone runs through their individual desires I think we can safely say that despite what UEFA kept saying, tickets were pretty damned easy to get over the last 10 months and by the feel on here an awful lot will have been returned back to them. There will be many fans not prepared to risk it next year so i would say the first sales first coming up everyone can fill their boots, especially for games that the Host nations will not be playing in at home..

BocaFan, LaParka710 and popularside repped this.
  3. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    I think you are basically right. I still think the finals, the semis, maybe the non-Baku QFs , the Dublin R16, and the Budapest group stage matches (whether Hungary makes it or not) will still be hot commodities outside of the host group matches. I don't know about the QF's, but there seemed to be quite the demand for the rest here even when Coronavirus was starting to take over Europe in February/March.

I think it also depends on when they put tickets back up for sale/lottery the next time. If it is like fall/winter 2020, there may be enough guidance in regards to the virus for the demand to go up. Speaking of which, do you think the next time will be a lottery or a straight sale? I'm thinking the latter, but it is UEFA and they have a year to stretch it out.

4. Lim Kar Jun

Lim Kar Jun New Member

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jun 29, 2020
    what is the are u think will be suitable ?

5. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This was a post noar made 15 months ago! Rather random to bring it up now is it not?

noar1985 repped this.
  6. noar1985

noar1985 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    OGC Nice
    Lol, 15 months ago the situation was dam different :)

1st and 2nd lottery was dam depressing for me and my friend, FCFS was really easy and we managed to get nearly all our tickets except Germany vs France.

Situation is completely different now, really I hope to get excited again about this euro and football in general.
    Let's see

7. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Are you keeping your tickets?

8. noar1985

noar1985 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    OGC Nice
    Yes all

all Dutch games,
    1/8 in Amsterdam
    Both semi and final
    And follow my team (France) after the first 3 games.

I have also Munich + Rome 1/4 final but bit doubting on this

themanlarry repped this.
  9. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another problem I'm facing here... I wonder if Americans are even going to be allowed into the countries for these games :(

Germanyfan1993 repped this.
  10. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    As an American in the UK, I’m about ready for EU countries to hit me with a lifetime ban already.

And there’s zero reason to think the morons in charge of the two countries will make anything better anytime soon.

11. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meh... just got this reminder from Outlook... apparently I had an appointment scheduled for today :cry:

eurofinal.jpg

BocaFan, Real Mardin and M repped this.
  12. meior mordi

meior mordi Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    SO sad...insted of london i am stuck at home...
    Lets hope next year this f#$%ink virus behind us

13. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You needed a reminder for this game?!

glennaldo_sf and popularside repped this.
  14. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, well context is everything... I'm in education so that means a 10 week summer holiday travelling and visiting relatives across the globe for 3 of us... so yes, I need to mark key dates into my calendar or it's a mess otherwise...

15. Jack97

Jack97 New Member

Liverpool
    Australia
    Aug 15, 2019
    Being hearing so much news about vaccines in the past few days (apparently 2 dozen are being trialled around the world) so fingers crossed by early next year we have some sort of idea whether or not the tournament will go ahead.

Coming from Australia so this experience is almost a once in a lifetime opportunity so I don't want those tickets to go to waste, although, I'm optimistic! Just want another ticket sales phase to get me excited again

glennaldo_sf, LaParka710 and Gazza66 repped this.
  16. Gazza66

Gazza66 Member

England
    Jan 6, 2020
    To be honest and in my humble opinion I can’t see the tournament going ahead next year.
    I really hope I’m wrong but can’t see football with fans for many months,all the top scientists are warning the Govt to get prepared for a second spike and face masks becoming mandatory from the 24th July doesn’t bode well.
    Like I said hopefully I’m completely wrong but I’m bracing myself for it.
    Will be really gutted as done every Euros and World Cup since 1990 except USA94.

17. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    Unfortunately, there is so much unknown about the virus. Will there definitely be a second spike? If there is, what will it even look like? On the whole, the EU has done a better job containing the virus than some other places, so they may better equipped with a second spike if there is one. I actually think the government mandating masks is a sensible thing that may make a second spike not be as bad. As someone who lives in America in a state severely affected by the virus now, you would not see most people wearing masks until very recently. I think that has definitely made it worse here.

France is starting to let fans into matches as Le Havre let in 5,000 fans to a match against PSG over the weekend. I think I read that German clubs are thinking about doing the same to start next season. The top leagues that have been playing football have not really experienced any major issues with players getting the virus. Granted, who knows how the leagues will go next season, but I am more optimistic about the Euros going on as scheduled after seeing how leagues have come back. I could be wrong, but I think the main issue will not be if they let fans in, but how many will they let in.

Gazza66 and Ric_Braz repped this.
  18. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Seems likely there will be a Vaccine by late 20 early 21 everything back to normal by time Euros come around :)

welshbairn and popularside repped this.
  19. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes I would love to think it was that easy.

20. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Well it has to end sometime and with the positive sounds coming from vaccine creators lets be hopefull

21. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    It's about time something went right for you Jambos, and us Bairns as well come to that! Sounds hopeful for the vaccines, even if they don't last very long, which they've no way of telling, it should be fine for a tournament at least.

glennaldo_sf repped this.
  22. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess it's at least worth taking a stab at (literally)

23. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  24. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
  25. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016